Jake Paul: "How do me and you make more money than every UFC fighter?"

So, the Paul brothers too. It's just baffling the enormous percentage of the population that simply don't understand how the economy works. The Paul brothers don't understand it. The fighters don't understand it. Most fans don't seem to understand it.

When you ask "How do me and you make more money than every UFC fighter", the answer is very simple, and anyone with an IQ above 80 who isn't living under a rock would know it:

You make more money than every UFC fighter because you have more fans and people interested in you than every UFC fighter. And you have more people interested in you because you've spent the last decade growing a large following by being an idiot that many other idiots, mostly brain damaged kids, enjoy to watch. It's as simple as that. The market for that is bigger than the MMA market. And those people who follow you crossed over to boxing just to see you box, not because they actually like boxing.

However, you don't make more than Conor McGregor. What does Conor McGregor has in common with the Paul Brothers that the other fighters don't have? Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly. A big following. Many people who want to see him fight. See? It's all about people wanting to see you. If people don't wanna see you, how hard you punch and how many world titles you have is irrelevant.

People are more interested in personalities than in fights. Fights aren't that exciting for most people. You get the masses engaged when the one fighting is someone people enjoy to watch.

"It's not fair"

It's perfectly fair. You're punching people in the face and getting punched. You're not curing cancer. You're not solving environmental issues. Nobody owes you anything by default just because you do physical work. Don't like it, don't sign the contract. Want more money? Find a skill in higher demand, or find a way to get people interested in you. Otherwise, what money are you claiming, exactly?

This is what most people in the world don't understand, or at least PRETEND to not to understand, for god knows what reason: You don't get paid because your skills. You don't get paid because you work hard. That, in itself, is worth next to nothing. You get paid when you supply a demand. The bigger the demand, the higher the pay.

So, in that sense, it doesn't matter if Jon Jones is the most skilled fighter in the world. There is more demand for the Paul brothers than there is for Jon Jones. More people wanna buy the Paul product than Jon's, or Francis's. People actually decide with their wallet who's gonna make bank and who's not.

Do you usually just go around offering money to people for their hard work? Do you go up to street painters that are super talented but sell nothing you wanna buy and just say: "Here's 2k for you being so talented. You deserve it". I'd bet most of you don't.

Now, why is the law of supply and demand so fucking hard to understand? Are people really that stupid? Or they just ignore it because it goes against their delusions? They feel they're very valuable because they work hard and therefore wanna be rewarded? I'm sorry, but you're not valuable just because you work hard and have skills. That's not how the economy works.

I will say this, UFC awards far less percentage of its revenue to payroll than other sports leagues. So while not every fighter can be making $1m+ per fight, they should be getting more than they are

So, the Paul brothers too. It's just baffling the enormous percentage of the population that simply don't understand how the economy works. The Paul brothers don't understand it. The fighters don't understand it. Most fans don't seem to understand it.

When you ask "How do me and you make more money than every UFC fighter", the answer is very simple, and anyone with an IQ above 80 who isn't living under a rock would know it:

You make more money than every UFC fighter because you have more fans and people interested in you than every UFC fighter. And you have more people interested in you because you've spent the last decade growing a large following by being an idiot that many other idiots, mostly brain damaged kids, enjoy to watch. It's as simple as that. The market for that is bigger than the MMA market. And those people who follow you crossed over to boxing just to see you box, not because they actually like boxing.

However, you don't make more than Conor McGregor. What does Conor McGregor has in common with the Paul Brothers that the other fighters don't have? Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly. A big following. Many people who want to see him fight. See? It's all about people wanting to see you. If people don't wanna see you, how hard you punch and how many world titles you have is irrelevant.

People are more interested in personalities than in fights. Fights aren't that exciting for most people. You get the masses engaged when the one fighting is someone people enjoy to watch.

"It's not fair"

It's perfectly fair. You're punching people in the face and getting punched. You're not curing cancer. You're not solving environmental issues. Nobody owes you anything by default just because you do physical work. Don't like it, don't sign the contract. Want more money? Find a skill in higher demand, or find a way to get people interested in you. Otherwise, what money are you claiming, exactly?

This is what most people in the world don't understand, or at least PRETEND to not to understand, for god knows what reason: You don't get paid because your skills. You don't get paid because you work hard. That, in itself, is worth next to nothing. You get paid when you supply a demand. The bigger the demand, the higher the pay.

So, in that sense, it doesn't matter if Jon Jones is the most skilled fighter in the world. There is more demand for the Paul brothers than there is for Jon Jones. More people wanna buy the Paul product than Jon's, or Francis's. People actually decide with their wallet who's gonna make bank and who's not.

Do you usually just go around offering money to people for their hard work? Do you go up to street painters that are super talented but sell nothing you wanna buy and just say: "Here's 2k for you being so talented. You deserve it". I'd bet most of you don't.

Now, why is the law of supply and demand so fucking hard to understand? Are people really that stupid? Or they just ignore it because it goes against their delusions? They feel they're very valuable because they work hard and therefore wanna be rewarded? I'm sorry, but you're not valuable just because you work hard and have skills. That's not how the economy works.
Congratulations wasting all that time to make a thread explaining something every single person on here understands. TLDR after the first 2 sentences

For Perul bros., I think they ask that question cause it just must be a weird feeling to be a bigger prize fighting/sports combat star than guys who've invested their entire lives in it.

Whenever you come into contact of common knowledge, common systems and how you're supposed to behave and go about things - when you find out how so much of that was a lie and there were other ways - you can't not be taken aback.

"It's not fair"

the issue is that the UFC is a popularity contest more than a sport.
in sports, the one that performs the best earns more, in popularity contests, the most popular earns more.
I wish the sport split again (because it had with professionnal wrestling) so that real fight fans watch the best fighters against the best, and those who are more into narratives and trash talking have their drama and popularity contest separatly.
I believe it will because there is high demand for both, but generally not from the same people (those who like both can watch both)

"It's not fair"

you sound like peter schiff

The paul’s make money from Google using them for ad revenue.
It’s an extremely weird way to make money, but has made millionaires out of morons.

Sped read that, and gave up half way..

You're right though pretty much..

giphy.gif

The neighbours grass is always greener.

It’s such a fucking loser mentality out there.

"It's not fair"

You don't mention that in the UFC, Dana is the star. The fighters don't control their likeness/brand. The company pretty much owns the fighters as property. The fighters don't get sponsorship revenue anymore. The UFC gets the sponsors and gives the fighters a very small cut. Schaub for example was making 100k a fight with his own sponsors. How much would a champion make without Dana and friends grifting that revenue stream? That's on top of the 90% Dana and friends take of the revenues.

I didn’t read your whole post, somewhat skimmed through it. But to say based on a following that’s why they make more… there is more to it. Basically about 32% more. Ufc is cutting fighters rightly 18% of the share. As where other major league sports are on the range of 48-51%. So no it’s not solely based on a large following they accrued over the last decade. It does indeed play a large role, but is not sole factor to blame.

But 2 fighters can't split off and sell promote and make more than that 18% share or they would have. That is what needs to happen to challenge the UFC IMO, but nobody believes in themselves enough to try except tito and chuck. I hope their failure doesn't put others off trying.

I'll never understand people like you... Maybe it's for the best...

You may be misunderstanding their question. I see it as part of their propaganda and brand advertisement. It's a rhetorical question aimed at undermining MMA, and especially the UFC, in order to make themselves look better. - Considering their track record, it's a smart tactic.

You are a god damn genius, ts. Princeton should award you a honoris causa.

"It's not fair"

The problem with this, is that the fighters are not free to promote themselves in whatever way they like. The UFC controls their image, how they dress, how their fights are promoted, and who they can fight.
Dana, the promoter, actively shits on and downplays fighters that he doesn't like/don't tow the company line.

Can every fighter make Conor money? Of course not. But they definitely aren't getting as much as they should be from the UFC. And fighters would be able to attract and get more from sponsors if they had the freedom to do so.

"It's not fair"

Summary: You are a Dana nuthugger.

Back