Jake Paul: "How do me and you make more money than every UFC fighter?"

Kazuky

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
So, the Paul brothers too. It's just baffling the enormous percentage of the population that simply don't understand how the economy works. The Paul brothers don't understand it. The fighters don't understand it. Most fans don't seem to understand it.

When you ask "How do me and you make more money than every UFC fighter", the answer is very simple, and anyone with an IQ above 80 who isn't living under a rock would know it:

You make more money than every UFC fighter because you have more fans and people interested in you than every UFC fighter. And you have more people interested in you because you've spent the last decade growing a large following by being an idiot that many other idiots, mostly brain damaged kids, enjoy to watch. It's as simple as that. The market for that is bigger than the MMA market. And those people who follow you crossed over to boxing just to see you box, not because they actually like boxing.

However, you don't make more than Conor McGregor. What does Conor McGregor has in common with the Paul Brothers that the other fighters don't have? Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly. A big following. Many people who want to see him fight. See? It's all about people wanting to see you. If people don't wanna see you, how hard you punch and how many world titles you have is irrelevant.

People are more interested in personalities than in fights. Fights aren't that exciting for most people. You get the masses engaged when the one fighting is someone people enjoy to watch.

"It's not fair"

It's perfectly fair. You're punching people in the face and getting punched. You're not curing cancer. You're not solving environmental issues. Nobody owes you anything by default just because you do physical work. Don't like it, don't sign the contract. Want more money? Find a skill in higher demand, or find a way to get people interested in you. Otherwise, what money are you claiming, exactly?

This is what most people in the world don't understand, or at least PRETEND to not to understand, for god knows what reason: You don't get paid because your skills. You don't get paid because you work hard. That, in itself, is worth next to nothing. You get paid when you supply a demand. The bigger the demand, the higher the pay.

So, in that sense, it doesn't matter if Jon Jones is the most skilled fighter in the world. There is more demand for the Paul brothers than there is for Jon Jones. More people wanna buy the Paul product than Jon's, or Francis's. People actually decide with their wallet who's gonna make bank and who's not.

Do you usually just go around offering money to people for their hard work? Do you go up to street painters that are super talented but sell nothing you wanna buy and just say: "Here's 2k for you being so talented. You deserve it". I'd bet most of you don't.

Now, why is the law of supply and demand so fucking hard to understand? Are people really that stupid? Or they just ignore it because it goes against their delusions? They feel they're very valuable because they work hard and therefore wanna be rewarded? I'm sorry, but you're not valuable just because you work hard and have skills. That's not how the economy works.

How come guys like Stipe and Francis Ngannou make tens of millions? They are extremely charismatic and both have show biz personalities. I really can’t comprehend this.

I didn’t read your whole post, somewhat skimmed through it. But to say based on a following that’s why they make more… there is more to it. Basically about 32% more. Ufc is cutting fighters rightly 18% of the share. As where other major league sports are on the range of 48-51%. So no it’s not solely based on a large following they accrued over the last decade. It does indeed play a large role, but is not sole factor to blame.

It's a certain type of demographic and popularity, not just popularity alone, there have been popular celebs fight who got barely any attention at all like Idris Elba and Freddy Flintoff, probably loads more.

Shit only works in the Social Media age.. No one would care if Paris Hilton fights, but they would if Kim K did.

So, the Paul brothers too. It's just baffling the enormous percentage of the population that simply don't understand how the economy works. The Paul brothers don't understand it. The fighters don't understand it. Most fans don't seem to understand it.

When you ask "How do me and you make more money than every UFC fighter", the answer is very simple, and anyone with an IQ above 80 who isn't living under a rock would know it:

You make more money than every UFC fighter because you have more fans and people interested in you than every UFC fighter. And you have more people interested in you because you've spent the last decade growing a large following by being an idiot that many other idiots, mostly brain damaged kids, enjoy to watch. It's as simple as that. The market for that is bigger than the MMA market. And those people who follow you crossed over to boxing just to see you box, not because they actually like boxing.

However, you don't make more than Conor McGregor. What does Conor McGregor has in common with the Paul Brothers that the other fighters don't have? Exaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaactly. A big following. Many people who want to see him fight. See? It's all about people wanting to see you. If people don't wanna see you, how hard you punch and how many world titles you have is irrelevant.

People are more interested in personalities than in fights. Fights aren't that exciting for most people. You get the masses engaged when the one fighting is someone people enjoy to watch.

"It's not fair"

It's perfectly fair. You're punching people in the face and getting punched. You're not curing cancer. You're not solving environmental issues. Nobody owes you anything by default just because you do physical work. Don't like it, don't sign the contract. Want more money? Find a skill in higher demand, or find a way to get people interested in you. Otherwise, what money are you claiming, exactly?

This is what most people in the world don't understand, or at least PRETEND to not to understand, for god knows what reason: You don't get paid because your skills. You don't get paid because you work hard. That, in itself, is worth next to nothing. You get paid when you supply a demand. The bigger the demand, the higher the pay.

So, in that sense, it doesn't matter if Jon Jones is the most skilled fighter in the world. There is more demand for the Paul brothers than there is for Jon Jones. More people wanna buy the Paul product than Jon's, or Francis's. People actually decide with their wallet who's gonna make bank and who's not.

Do you usually just go around offering money to people for their hard work? Do you go up to street painters that are super talented but sell nothing you wanna buy and just say: "Here's 2k for you being so talented. You deserve it". I'd bet most of you don't.

Now, why is the law of supply and demand so fucking hard to understand? Are people really that stupid? Or they just ignore it because it goes against their delusions? They feel they're very valuable because they work hard and therefore wanna be rewarded? I'm sorry, but you're not valuable just because you work hard and have skills. That's not how the economy works.

Okay Dana.

this is part of his marketing. it is obvious why jake and logan are making the money they make and its not because of their boxing ability. its social media fame and basically working fights no normal athlete would bring in those numbers unles they are also a celebrity with the right fan base. cherry picking extremely winnable fights. no drug testing pool. retired guys. everyone is out of their weight class. none of what we have seen so far should be considered even real. logan got walked down by a guy 50lbs lighter than him. i'm pretty sure they agreed to go the distance before hand. listen to floyd pre fight.
i do think ufc fighters should be paid more. i do think there is an issue with that in the sport but this is for jakes gain and not the fighters.
the ufc would have to restructure to pay the fighters real money. everything. its embarrassing so many people including the fighters dont see the bigger picture. the ufc either needs a complete over haul or they need to start jumping ship and hoping another org rises above the ufc. the ufc was big money. guys who had millions to lose. and billions to gain. they wanted all the best fighters in one place but in doing so wiped out most of the competition. they are not perfect and do a lot that goes against the fighters. danas mouth has been a huge part of the issue. anyone with his power can't talk how he does or it causes all sorts of issues for the fighters and people trying to communicate and negotiate fairly.

They have a large following, mostly children and non boxing fans who pay to watch them. It makes perfect sense.

Look how many children used to buy the Conor PPVs ;)

I guess as fans we could buy more PPV's like their fans do aswell but that's not the answer any of us wanted to hear.

Fighters should start taking acting classes to improve their ability to sell a fight as part of their training camp or get a manager who can promote their fights WWE style to attract the dollars of the mainstream casuals.

So in short cause they're more popular and it's not a group of people so more money goes to the individual?

"It's not fair"

You're right. I wish there was more Paul brothers. Supply and demand at least 2 more brothers.

So in short cause they're more popular and it's not a group of people so more money goes to the individual?

1) Yes, they're much more popular, and that's the main part of the equation.

2) Boxing PPV's of this sort are very different from UFC PPV's. The main event is usually the only thing that matters, while in the UFC you usually have multiple world champs and legends fighting in the same card.

Back