I've never seen so much discussion after a fight

Kimbo losing to Roy in TUF was the worst I've ever seen it

Having been a member and a lurker for much longer, I can't remember a fight where people were talking about it as much as Jones vs Reyes afterwards.

Jon Bones Jones is good for the sport.

That's because you are a new guy here.
Plenty of title fights have been discussed to death.
It was a lackluster performance.
Right now.. out of 20 threads on the main page only 2 are Jones related, and none of them for the fight itself.

These threads happen with long lasting champions. It comes with the territory.

I remember when Hendo KOd Fedor sherdog was legit broken for a few hours.

Having been a member and a lurker for much longer, I can't remember a fight where people were talking about it as much as Jones vs Reyes afterwards.

Jon Bones Jones is good for the sport.
It's almost like how much Conor talk happens.
Except that it's before the fight.
And also it's the opposite because I wouldn't characterize him as good for the sport. At all.

Khabib v Conrat was talked about alot after the fight. Most of it was not about the fight tho :D

Khabib Bless

i too was surprised at the uproar. After the 4th i knew Reyes was low on gas. Does anyone check that judges score the round every round?

Did you see the polls?
Yeah but the "polls" also had an absurdly high percentage of people saying a guy who clearly lost 4 of 5 rounds winning too (Santos).

While this fight was certainly much closer and I would have been fine with it win, lose or draw we're so used to seeing Jon win effortlessly that when he actually gets hit and is in a tough fight everyone automatically start saying he lost, it's ridiculous.

Personally I think this fight should have been a draw but Dom has no one to blame but himself for only being able to gain a clear edge early in the fight and running out of steam down the stretch to lose the last half (the part that makes true Champions) just as clearly.

I think he surprised Jon and caught him off guard with his power and constant movement style.

I see this fight a lot like Mayweather / Maidana 1 (Maidana did the same thing, though with constant forward pressure, and has a great case for a draw at the very least) and have a feeling a rematch would look much like that rematch did.

What about Jones vs Glover/Osp/Smith/Bonnar/Rashad/DC 1? No one (maybe a couple of tards) thought Jon lost those fights. This is by far the most controversial bullshit decision in history of MMA. Everyone including casuals know this. Its been building up for a while. Sherdog is the only place you will find someone that honestly says Jon won. No one would embarrass themselves in real life like that.
Lol, anyone who would call this, (a very close fight that probably should have been a draw) the "most controversial bullshit decision in MMA history" either hasn't been watching MMA long or has ulterior motives.

This fight isn't even in the ballpark of "most controversial" (Bisping Hamil actually holding that distinction with Shogun/ Machida 1 and KZ/ Garcia being close second and third). It was a close fight with a decision win, lose or draw either way could be argued.

This is probably not even the most discussed fight so far this year.

Regardless, I've seen this site crashed on multiple occasions, and literally flooded with threads about the same fight for several weeks.

TS needs to kick the fuck back with the hyperbole.

It's because the Jones haters are mad that he won and want to hear other people agreeing with their views so that they can feel better

disputing a call doesn't mean they hate someone

you just get triggered and emotionally jump into conclusions

It's kind of a big deal whenever a long-time dominant champ looks like they're declining. Normally champs lose the belt and fall off a cliff athletically. It's not often we see guys visibly diminished but still winning.

Did you see the polls?
Depends on the poll, I guess. If we're asking the average mouth-breather to make up a reason why Jones, the guy they hate the most, should have lost, or if he lost, that's a pretty meaningless poll, in terms of what actually happened in the cage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back