*I've bet $500 on Cory Sandhagen to beat Aljo Sterling*

You know you have a betting subforum here right on Sherdog?

It's 100x better than this one because people don't talk off their asses nearly as much because.. well, they put their money where their mouth is.
Got a bet slip on the OP.

Alot of people are trying to cap this fight but the reality is if these guys fought 100x theyd each win 50.

The reality is that it would be very unlikely both would have 50 wins after 100 fights, doesn't matter how evenly matched they are. I hate when people who don't understand anything about odds talk about odds.

The reality is that it would be very unlikely both would have 50 wins after 100 fights, doesn't matter how evenly matched they are. I hate when people who don't understand anything about odds talk about odds.

Cool. I hate along of things.

What you should do is start an online course about odds and help teach the world that way we can all become better people.

Or just keep doing what you're doing now you cuck

I'm hoping Sterling chokes him out, but I'll be happy either way.

Got a bet slip on the OP.
Good for you man.
But what does that have to do with the advice I just gave you? Lol.

I was just saying.. reading your thread it seems that you like doing analysis on fight and betting on MMA. Can't blame you.. it's so much fun.
I used to gamble on MMA until my government banned all betting sites here.

I've found out that Sherdog MMA betting subforum is awesome and is full of great information. And the discussions are 10x better than here.
https://forums.sherdog.com/forums/mma-betting-discussion.129/

Damn.. I miss it. I'm going to check if there is any available site here.

BTW.. Good luck bro.

Honestly I'm picking Sterling on this one but I was surprised about Cory height advantage. Aljo is not a small BW and Sandhagen towered over him.

well, looks like hes losing now. why jinx it? u know how these threads always turn out

i bet on alijo so i hope you lose

Hope he takes him down and control until the end of the round or submits him. I don't care the outcome, I just want to know that Aljamain won.

War Aljo!

So, after doing some research, watching several fight videos and interviews, I decide to put $500 on Cory to win $480. Almost an even bet.
9VLshjj

JbQInHl.png

https://pasteboard.co/JbQInHl.png

You know, maybe it's not too wise or smart, cause it could go either way. Maybe I should have chosen a better way to transforma 500 into 1000, maybe with a smaller bet (if I was relying on Sandhagen) or looking for other fights/sports. Not feeling confident enough, though.

Why I did the bet? Cause I've lost 500 during the quarentine and I want them back. If I lose today, i'll be reallybdissapointed, but I can afford it. Either way, no more bets for the upcoming weeks.

Why do I choose Sandhagen? As he has pointed in more than one interview, he's just better. Both are very similar, both have enjoyed a big height/reach advantage, but I believe Sandhagen would take a better advantage of "losing" that hándicap. He might kick Aljo's long legs and body, and just feel more confortable with the close distance, small octagon, type of fight. I believe he has also better cardio, a lot of toughness, a total awareness of the whole fight situation (strategy, importance, etc.).

What worries me? That this is just a 3 rounds fight and, with all this terrible judging we have had lately, it could go either way. I mean, if Aljo usable to get a TD and ground control for a minute, a shitty judge could give him half of the fight. Another TD in Rd2 and it goes uphill. If it was a 5 rounds fight, I would be more rekaxed, since I don't think Aljo would stop Cory (maybe by sub, but definitely not by TKO).

Bottom line, just hope Cory is able to stop the early TD attempts, get some shots to the body, some good combination, and that's it, in a way to a close, but clear, UD.

Enjoy the fight and, if someone was annoyed by any of my threads, sorry about that. And if I lose tonight, don't be tough Sherdog.
A bet slip with the actual betting slip? havent seen one in years!
organized paragraphs with clear opinions and facts pointed out?

Damn, I clicked expecting a funny gif alone. almost forgot im in a cesspool...

I'm sold on Sandhagen, he wins this I'm pretty sure. Sterling's on a good run but I feel he's fighting above his level and will take a hard L soon.

It's funny Henry vacant title and bw got some great matchups available, his vacant fly title has one match they need to replay to get a champion with only Moreno as possible contender.

I put 40 on Assuncao to win. Cody will rage out and get slept at some point.

assuncao has like what, 1 tko win? I’d be amazed if he goes out, even if he’s fought like an idiot the last 3 fights

I put 40 on Assuncao to win. Cody will rage out and get slept at some point.
People tend to forget how Garbrandt's "rage" is dangerous. What he didn't expect last time is that Munhoz was simply better in the slugfest and with an iron chin to complete the scene. I really don't know if Assunção has gas, age and boxing to deal with it or even hit Garbrandt when this kind of blitz occurs.

I'm going with Garbrandt in this one. He is underrated because of the chin, but Assunção is not a youngster anymore, even being a hell of a fighter. I think Garbrandt is coming to prove a point today and he is going to do it.

Probably the closest fight to call

Probably would be better off putting 500 on that fight going to the cards

Gonnabe honest. I really don't care if you guys mane fun of me losing the bet. Said that, I won't have the type of interaction that that guy had, like playing the "rich guy role" who doesn't care about that money.

But everyone is a General after the battle. You should take some risks in life. And it will be fun, anyways. I'm pretty sure Sandhagen would give a WAR if he has to lose it.

Finally, you know what will annoy me? Some blind judges fucking it up. Or giving Aljo an edje due to the recent racism events.

LOL Did you just seriously write that BLM is going to get Sterling gifted a decision?

No. Like 65- 35 Sandhagen. Maybe 70-30. He's younger, he's getting better. He has a resl Kickboxing back ground, so his striking would be always ahead. And I bieve he's tougher when things get tough. I also believe Aljo is kinddaa overrated. Got pillow fists aswell

By who? Most people haven't even paid attention to his fights since he got KO'd by Moraes.

He's ranked in the top five because he's beaten two guys who were ranked in the top 5 at the time that he fought them back to back and has beaten four ranked contenders in a row.

That said. I wouldn't pick this fight much less bet on it. Seems close and that there are way too many question marks.

I think that whether or not Sterling can establish control on the ground will ultimately determine who wins.

Also, Sterling had a bit of a layoff because of surgery on his hand, so who knows how that will affect him.

assuncao has like what, 1 tko win? I’d be amazed if he goes out, even if he’s fought like an idiot the last 3 fights
Fair enough point. If no ko, the fear of the weakening chin and recklessness will still get him decisioned, if not tapped out, imo.

We'll see. If he indeed fixed his issues and comes in super sharp and fresh, I could be waaaay off base, but I've just got that feeling that he's gonna shit the bed here. Time will tell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back