*I've bet $500 on Cory Sandhagen to beat Aljo Sterling*

I hope you looked intensively at Aljo's recent fights because he sure as fuck got a lot better recently, I don't know what triggered it, but in his last 4 fights he looked very very good.
I wouldn't bet on this fight, but Sandhagen certainly isn't a bad bet or anything. If he wins he wins by TKO imo. Don't know the odds of the fight though.
Sterling has looked very good but always to short fighters (with good TDD though). And Sandhagen has looked really good aswell. The fight against Alcántara, man, that has to be a solid candidate for "round of the year" and "comeback of the year". Thenan showed a lot od resilience and toughness. And against Lineker, he used reach to control and outpoint. The last round he was like in cruise control, although he was caught in a tight guillotine in the last minutes.

I remain to see how would Sterling react to his size advantage being denied and to the fact that he gets connected in the body and head, often and relentlessly. Cardio wise, I favor Sandhagen aswell, who I believe would go in berserk mode if he feels he has lose the first 2 rounds.

So, after doing some research, watching several fight videos and interviews, I decide to put $500 on Cory to win $480. Almost an even bet.
9VLshjj

JbQInHl.png

https://pasteboard.co/JbQInHl.png

You know, maybe it's not too wise or smart, cause it could go either way. Maybe I should have chosen a better way to transforma 500 into 1000, maybe with a smaller bet (if I was relying on Sandhagen) or looking for other fights/sports. Not feeling confident enough, though.

Why I did the bet? Cause I've lost 500 during the quarentine and I want them back. If I lose today, i'll be reallybdissapointed, but I can afford it. Either way, no more bets for the upcoming weeks.

Why do I choose Sandhagen? As he has pointed in more than one interview, he's just better. Both are very similar, both have enjoyed a big height/reach advantage, but I believe Sandhagen would take a better advantage of "losing" that hándicap. He might kick Aljo's long legs and body, and just feel more confortable with the close distance, small octagon, type of fight. I believe he has also better cardio, a lot of toughness, a total awareness of the whole fight situation (strategy, importance, etc.).

What worries me? That this is just a 3 rounds fight and, with all this terrible judging we have had lately, it could go either way. I mean, if Aljo usable to get a TD and ground control for a minute, a shitty judge could give him half of the fight. Another TD in Rd2 and it goes uphill. If it was a 5 rounds fight, I would be more rekaxed, since I don't think Aljo would stop Cory (maybe by sub, but definitely not by TKO).

Bottom line, just hope Cory is able to stop the early TD attempts, get some shots to the body, some good combination, and that's it, in a way to a close, but clear, UD.

Enjoy the fight and, if someone was annoyed by any of my threads, sorry about that. And if I lose tonight, don't be tough Sherdog.
Ugh- hate to be bearer of bad news but Cory had a " partial appendix breach" last night but has been cleared to fight ( amazingly) - lines have been taken down in half the places but the fight is a go.
Scroll down for story.
:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:

:
Just messn with ya .

Good luck.

It's one of the closest, great fights we have had in recent memory. Alot of people are trying to cap this fight but the reality is if these guys fought 100x theyd each win 50. Whoever is better tomorrow night wins and that's all that matters but imo it truly is a coin flip
I disagree on this one. If they fight 100 times I believe Sandhagen would get the edge. Clearly. His striking is way better: more power, better technique, better awareness of the situation, better kicks, better shots to the body, better at defending from a flurry, etc. That's my honest opinion.

That's about 8 crispy HD PPV's you just threw away

QUOTE="Eticycle, post: 160520121, member: 578258"]That's about 8 crispy HD PPV's you just threw away[/QUOTE]
Wanna made it 16.

I don't really like to bet on this kind of fights.

The best fights to bet on are those where a false narrative is created.
The woodley Burns fight was easy money because Tyron was rusty and old.
+ he was fighting a orthodox guy with a strong lead hand.
But most casual thought that Bangbang ready Woodley would appear.

Trust me I am an expert I got 52 k of sherdogs bucks check my bets

That's a really close fight to put a big basically even money bet on, IMHO. But good luck buddy.

I don't really like to bet on this kind of fights.

The best fights to bet on are those where a false narrative is created.
The woodley Burns fight was easy money because Tyron was rusty and old.
+ he was fighting a orthodox guy with a strong lead hand.
But most casual thought that Bangbang ready Woodley would appear.

Trust me I am an expert I got 52 k of sherdogs bucks check my bets
Who you got on this one?

I disagree on this one. If they fight 100 times I believe Sandhagen would get the edge. Clearly. His striking is way better: more power, better technique, better awareness of the situation, better kicks, better shots to the body, better at defending from a flurry, etc. That's my honest opinion.

Ok 51-49 Sandhagen ;)

It’s a coin-flip between two elite fighters in their prime - I expect a razor close decision, would not bet on a fight like this since it would be purely emotional (i.e. you like one guy for some reason so bet on him).

There is no value on either guy...not really a lot of value on any of these betting lines IMO.

You should turn it into a parlay with Nunes-Spencer.

Good luck. I don't really see anything worth betting on this card. Maybe Nunes at 1.16 (-625) but I'm too lazy to study Spencer.

Ok 51-49 Sandhagen ;)
No. Like 65- 35 Sandhagen. Maybe 70-30. He's younger, he's getting better. He has a resl Kickboxing back ground, so his striking would be always ahead. And I bieve he's tougher when things get tough. I also believe Aljo is kinddaa overrated. Got pillow fists aswell

I got Sandhagen in my parley. Think he's the tougher fighter of the 2. Not super confident though as Sterling has been impressive too as of late.

Respect, but if you lose, you'll most likely get this treatment, that Fighter Kevin Lee got after putting $$$$ on Werdum vs Volkov - https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/put-400-on-fabricio-werdum.3729015/
Gonnabe honest. I really don't care if you guys mane fun of me losing the bet. Said that, I won't have the type of interaction that that guy had, like playing the "rich guy role" who doesn't care about that money.

But everyone is a General after the battle. You should take some risks in life. And it will be fun, anyways. I'm pretty sure Sandhagen would give a WAR if he has to lose it.

Finally, you know what will annoy me? Some blind judges fucking it up. Or giving Aljo an edje due to the recent racism events.

I got Sandhagen in my parley. Think he's the tougher fighter of the 2. Not super confident though as Sterling has been impressive too as of late.
Have no doubt he'the tougher guy, the one that would snap his elbow or give a hell of a bloody war if needed. Believe Aljo is more of a "sniper" type of guy, relying on his reach and size/position advantage. But, this is not only about toughness...

You know you have a betting subforum here right on Sherdog?

It's 100x better than this one because people don't talk off their asses nearly as much because.. well, they put their money where their mouth is.

Back