*I've bet $500 on Cory Sandhagen to beat Aljo Sterling*

Anyone else laugh while reading the thread?

I’m sorry for your loss OP but it seems like you have an addiction problem.

narrating you’re illogical gambler thoughts was funny though- especially the part where you think not betting in the next few weeks is somehow an accomplishment

She fought cautiously that 5th round. Had she went wild and got knocked out then Sherdog would have imploded with why did she do that? Why take risks when you've won the fight? One shot can knock you out. A submission can put you out in less than 10 seconds.

Herb Dean was looking for any excuse to stop it on the feet, if Nunes would stayed on the feet and kept fighting conservatively Herb would have jumped in because literally every strike was hurting Spencer.

My beef was with the TD and lnp, Nunes gave Herb nothing to work with there. Even some half assed elbows might have stopped it but Nunes literally did nothing. That's not fighting conservative, that's stalling.

Herb Dean was looking for any excuse to stop it on the feet, if Nunes would stayed on the feet and kept fighting conservatively Herb would have jumped in because literally every strike was hurting Spencer.

My beef was with the TD and lnp, Nunes gave Herb nothing to work with there. Even some half assed elbows might have stopped it but Nunes literally did nothing. That's not fighting conservative, that's stalling.
Again, why take risks when the fight is in the bag? If I know I'm up like 50-42 on the scorecards I'm not doing shit either except making sure I'm getting that 100k win bonus. Y'all have money on the fights, so do the fighters.

No way to prove, but I had 20 on sterling and 40 on Cody so last night made up for me losing 40 on Tony Ferg the prior ppv

So, after doing some research, watching several fight videos and interviews, I decide to put $500 on Cory to win $480. Almost an even bet.
9VLshjj

JbQInHl.png

https://pasteboard.co/JbQInHl.png

You know, maybe it's not too wise or smart, cause it could go either way. Maybe I should have chosen a better way to transforma 500 into 1000, maybe with a smaller bet (if I was relying on Sandhagen) or looking for other fights/sports. Not feeling confident enough, though.

Why I did the bet? Cause I've lost 500 during the quarentine and I want them back. If I lose today, i'll be reallybdissapointed, but I can afford it. Either way, no more bets for the upcoming weeks.

Why do I choose Sandhagen? As he has pointed in more than one interview, he's just better. Both are very similar, both have enjoyed a big height/reach advantage, but I believe Sandhagen would take a better advantage of "losing" that hándicap. He might kick Aljo's long legs and body, and just feel more confortable with the close distance, small octagon, type of fight. I believe he has also better cardio, a lot of toughness, a total awareness of the whole fight situation (strategy, importance, etc.).

What worries me? That this is just a 3 rounds fight and, with all this terrible judging we have had lately, it could go either way. I mean, if Aljo usable to get a TD and ground control for a minute, a shitty judge could give him half of the fight. Another TD in Rd2 and it goes uphill. If it was a 5 rounds fight, I would be more rekaxed, since I don't think Aljo would stop Cory (maybe by sub, but definitely not by TKO).

Bottom line, just hope Cory is able to stop the early TD attempts, get some shots to the body, some good combination, and that's it, in a way to a close, but clear, UD.

Enjoy the fight and, if someone was annoyed by any of my threads, sorry about that. And if I lose tonight, don't be tough Sherdog.

HA HA!

Anyone else laugh while reading the thread?

I’m sorry for your loss OP but it seems like you have an addiction problem.

narrating you’re illogical gambler thoughts was funny though- especially the part where you think not betting in the next few weeks is somehow an accomplishment
Well he did bet against the Harlem globetrotters, he thought the generals were due!

Again, why take risks when the fight is in the bag? If I know I'm up like 50-42 on the scorecards I'm not doing shit either except making sure I'm getting that 100k win bonus. Y'all have money on the fights, so do the fighters.

This. Except Nunes isn't out here betting beer money for shits and giggles. This is literally her livelihood here as she has her first child on the way, no less.

I'm not her biggest fan, but Amanda clawed her way to the top of two different divisions with plenty of highlight reel KOs along the way and has the most finishes of any WMMA fighter on the roster. She has nothing left to prove by going for broke every time someone on Sherdog thinks she should. She's earned the right to fight conservatively against a contender who is a legitimate Featherweight/Lightweight and proven submission threat, especially after she spent the first 4.5 rounds pushing the pace quite aggressively. She remembers her losses from when she became undisciplined earlier in her career.

This. Except Nunes isn't out here betting beer money for shits and giggles. This is literally her livelihood here as she has her first child on the way, no less.

I'm not her biggest fan, but Amanda clawed her way to the top of two different divisions with plenty of highlight reel KOs along the way and has the most finishes of any WMMA fighter on the roster. She has nothing left to prove by going for broke every time someone on Sherdog thinks she should. She's earned the right to fight conservatively against a contender who is a legitimate Featherweight/Lightweight and proven submission threat, especially after she spent the first 4.5 rounds pushing the pace quite aggressively. She remembers her losses from when she became undisciplined earlier in her career.

Preach! The fight game revolves around money and a loss can cost you $$$. Plus there's that win bonus. If Lebron James loses a game who cares he's still getting paid the same. The fighters aren't. Literally their livelihood is at stake with every single fight.

anybody care to speculate what Nunes weighed in the cage? 160? 165? She looked pretty big in there.

Perez more than Sandhagen? Like NEVER... Because this is the point, I was comparing both.

Well... Your metrics are just different than mine. Formiga was unfortunate and got his knee fucked up by that kick, ending the fight out of nowhere close to the end of the first round - he was in the fight clearly, losing a little bit, but he was there on the back and forth. Now, Sandhagen was humiliated in 1:28 minutes. We can compare both situations. Wasn't even competitive.
sandhagen shit the bed. a brain fart.

formiga was losing most of the exchanges.

although i think its clear that sandhagen's ground game needs some work. i dont think we learned much more than that from this fight. in the formiga/perez fight we learned that perez is better than formiga for the most part.

man, im over nunes. last time i put any money on her winning inside the distance. i had a lot on her to hedge my silly parlays (only 1 hit) but she had no urgency, even tho she could have probably put her away
I actually hit my parlays (Sterling, Cody, O'Malley and Nunes) but then bet my meager winning on Nunes at -500 to win inside distance (-160 moving to -185).

Thought Spencer's corner could have stopped it end of the 4th, Herb called in the Doctor, Herb could have stopped it, Nunes could have finished it then said after she wanted to go to distance for the Haters....

You win some, you lose some.
I am not a big gambler, when i make a parlay i bet 50 euro's max.

I also tought Sandhagen would win.

Judges robbed him bro....

"I'm more impressive" is probably the most lacking in confidence statement I've ever heard. All his interviews leading up to it he knew he was going to lose

At least it was quick. Now you can quickly get on with your life although $500 poorer.

Back