It's squaturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hit 240x3 semi-easily, which is where I stalled in SS.

Also grinded out 285 for a +10 PR for lowbar.

I miss this thread.

We might as well keep this going.

435x1x5.
Do you do the exercises once or twice a week for example a/b/a or b/a/B/a? I've tried the hepburn after I did Texas method and I stalled out pretty fast. Is the hepburn more geared towards novice/intermediates or can it be used by more advanced trainees as well? I noticed in meatplows log he only did the his core exercises one time per week.

Do you do the exercises once or twice a week for example a/b/a or b/a/B/a? I've tried the hepburn after I did Texas method and I stalled out pretty fast. Is the hepburn more geared towards novice/intermediates or can it be used by more advanced trainees as well? I noticed in meatplows log he only did the his core exercises one time per week.

I only do the Hepburn rep scheme once a week, but I squat twice.

Hepburn is definitely not a novice program.

You'll stall out quickly if you start too heavy. I started too heavy on my squats and have been forced to drop down to 5 lb jumps per cycle.

My deadlift is still going up by 10 lb jumps.

I am seriously considering making front squats my only squat if i don't get back squats sorted within the next 1-3 months. Been at this way too long for so little return. Front squats are sooo much easier for me. Unrack, set my feet and get to work. Back squat, so many frustrating issues for me.

Keep at it man! Its been around 6 months for me and my squats are still ugly, not to mention excessively weak.

I am seriously considering making front squats my only squat if i don't get back squats sorted within the next 1-3 months. Been at this way too long for so little return. Front squats are sooo much easier for me. Unrack, set my feet and get to work. Back squat, so many frustrating issues for me.

Please don't go the way of Xtrainer.

Learn to back squat.

i replaced back squats for front squats at one point. youll regret it.

i guess it depends on your goals. if getting strong or competing is one of them, the back squat is irreplaceable. if you just want to get stronger or something then it doesnt really matter i guess, do some front squats and OHS or GMs etc i guess.

i took a monthish off of back squats to do front squats because they felt better. when i came back to back squats i dropped a ton of strength. as i got back into back squats, without even doing front squats often at all, they went up. it wont work vice versa.

i love front squats, they really help my core. but back squats use everything and are the most important (arguable) exercise you can do. for anything.

EDIT: the whole front squats are better for sports because things are infront etc of you is silly.

If back squats aren't working for you and you aren't getting any returns it's either

A: your form sucks and needs improvement
B: your squat program sucks
C: you are eating like a rabbit

Front squats are a very important movement, I do them myself, but they don't come close to the overall benefits to all your other lifts like back squats do

The back squat drives the front squat. That's what Legio told me, and in my experience it's true.

My very small offering to Squrtr.

120 kg x3

If back squats aren't working for you and you aren't getting any returns it's either

A: your form sucks and needs improvement
B: your squat program sucks
C: you are eating like a rabbit

Front squats are a very important movement, I do them myself, but they don't come close to the overall benefits to all your other lifts like back squats do

A: my right leg is an inch longer than my left so my form may never by perfect. Front squats aren't a problem though for some reason. B: we'll see. I recently learned a lot by lowering my deadlift by 40kg to work on technique. I'm now back up by 30kg with near perfect technique. May try a similar thing with my squat. C: doubt it. I'm a very easy 225-230 pounds. Meat, fish, eggs,rice,potatos,oats,lots of veg. And milk.

A: my right leg is an inch longer than my left so my form may never by perfect. Front squats aren't a problem though for some reason. B: we'll see. I recently learned a lot by lowering my deadlift by 40kg to work on technique. I'm now back up by 30kg with near perfect technique. May try a similar thing with my squat. C: doubt it. I'm a very easy 225-230 pounds. Meat, fish, eggs,rice,potatos,oats,lots of veg. And milk.

Could always get a riser to put in your workout shoes, girlfriend has the same problem and she has one to go in her shoes.

What program are you running right now?

Could always get a riser to put in your workout shoes, girlfriend has the same problem and she has one to go in her shoes.

What program are you running right now?

where do you get a riser? does it work? my one leg is 1/3 inch longer too

265x3x5 today.

Coming back up through linear progression on SS after deloading when I stalled @ 290. I feel much better about my form this run through the weight. Knees out, back tight, going a little deeper, etc.

I lift barefoot. Seems to work better for me. Was doing a typical 2 day split (squat/bench/chin up-deadlift/press/pull up +very limited assistance work) alternating between 3-5 reps for the main lifts each week. Gonna use that same split and run 531 again. Gives me a chance to work on my squat technique too.

where do you get a riser? does it work? my one leg is 1/3 inch longer too

Not sure where she got it, just kind of a wedge that fits in your shoe that raises your heel up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back