It's squaturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the icelandic flag? Nice setup, btw.

In honor of my late grandfather, who was an Icelander. You cannot see the Canadian, Irish and Scottish flags that are also hanging. That's just my rack, got a rack of dumbbells from 30lb to 90lb, a bench, treadmill, pulling sled and a few other goodies.

I'll give this a bump.

425x1x10. Most reps felt easy and moved fast.

Did 425x1x8 and 425x2 (4.5 lb PR) last week.

Onto 435 for my next cycle. I did 435x1x7 before i started Hepburn, so I'll be in PR territory in 5 weeks. I'm expecting it to feel a lot lighter this time around.

I'll give this a bump.

425x1x10. Most reps felt easy and moved fast.

Did 425x1x8 and 425x2 (4.5 lb PR) last week.

Onto 435 for my next cycle. I did 435x1x7 before i started Hepburn, so I'll be in PR territory in 5 weeks. I'm expecting it to feel a lot lighter this time around.

That's some serious squatting, nice work Cratos. I've never read up on Hepburn I'm going to have to take a look at it, I like the idea of lots of heavy singles.

Injured my hip and my squatting strength is way down. However, today I did some power cleans with triple front squats. Worked up to 80kg at 70kg BW. I like to think that uninjured, there's another 20kg in the tank for that triple.

That's some serious squatting, nice work Cratos. I've never read up on Hepburn I'm going to have to take a look at it, I like the idea of lots of heavy singles.

Thanks.

You don't start with lots of singles. The cycle starts at 4 and you add one each week.

I'm really enjoying the program.

Thanks.

You don't start with lots of singles. The cycle starts at 4 and you add one each week.

I'm really enjoying the program.

Update your damn log already.

I love squats for the simple reason that only a minority of us do em.

Steak and squat, squat and steak :icon_lol:

Hey Cratos, would you be able to share info on this Hepburn program?

Hey Cratos, would you be able to share info on this Hepburn program?

Power Phase

After doing two warm-up sets, choose a weight you can handle for three reps, and do 5x1. Rest three to five minutes between each set. At the next workout, do 6x1. If you can't complete all six reps, you either started too heavy, or you aren't taking long enough breaks. The goal is to work up to 8x1 over several workouts.

When you reach 8x1, add five to ten pounds, drop back to 5x1, and repeat the process. This manner of progression automatically cycles the intensity to avoid overtraining. As the workout's intensity goes up, the volume decreases to induce adaptation.

T NATION | Hepburn Solution for Strength and Power

I start at 4 singles and go to ten. I'm not really sure why, it's just what I've seen other lifters do.

So do you basically nix the pump phase in your training and do assistance exercises instead? How do you go about it? (Just curious)

This is interesting, I like the idea of a lot of singles for training. Is there anymore information on this aside from the T-Nation article?

Yeah. I only do the singles and then do my own assistance.

And your guess would be as good as mine. Just do a Google search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back