"It's ridiculous for CM Punk to fight in the UFC." - Joe Rogan

I've always said that this guy will have an injury and retire without fighting. Dude is for sure getting his ass beat by amateur teenagers in the gym and has dawned on him and the coaches there that he fucked up by signing a contract. I saw his form while hitting pads and there are 40 year olds in my boxing gym that workout for fitness that would whoop his ass.

The only reason why the signed him is so that no other orgs would get exposure by having him. He is a sacrificial lamb and as a pro wrestling fan I can't wait for that prick to eat shit.
The guy killed himself for a decade trying to made it big give his 100% everynight in the indys for little to no money. WWE mis used the hell out of him even when he got himself over and became one of the most talked about wrestlers in the last decade. He doesnt owe the WWE or the fans anything.

Joe is the only one (ufc shills/employees) who seems to get away with criticizing his job.

The guy killed himself for a decade trying to made it big give his 100% everynight in the indys for little to no money. WWE mis used the hell out of him even when he got himself over and became one of the most talked about wrestlers in the last decade. He doesnt owe the WWE or the fans anything.

He's known to be an asshole to fans, regardless if they are polite. He wouldn't have the money he has if it wasn't for the fans who cheered for him and bought his merchandise. I'm not saying he has to blow them, but a little gratitude would go a long way.

I've seen a number of interviews where he comes across as a miserable prick.

CM chased Dana down and kept begging for a contract Dana figured why not...I don't think Dana really thought about it. That's problem w UFC they make too many off-the-cuff unprofessional decisions for a billion dollar org.

He was expected to talk trash and hype, make an apperance soon, get his ass handed to him, and
be out, another James Tony thing. Initially Pink though he'd lose anyways so he'd just jump in and get it over with.

Then he got the jitters and decided he needed training. Now it looks like he may be backing out entirely. The back injury is a good excuse.

At this point its really an embarrassment. It's a lose-lose for UFC, if Punk wins he makes UFC look bad. If he loses they're stuck having to deal w a talented but very underqualified amateur.

1. Everybody talk a bunch of shit about CM Punk potentially fighting
2. Everybody tunes in when CM Punk fights
3. UFC profits

That's a good point. I believe it would be the same " spectacle " if the NFL let a random celebrity play in a game to boost ratings. The question is, does the UFC need to compromise its brand and the integrity of the sport for a brief payday?

in addition, it's bad business to give this guy a special fight and pay him more than ALOT of the seasoned pro fighters.

I for one am completely against Punk fighting in the UFC

He brought up Lesnar but Brock did take a fight in a smaller promotion before coming to the UFC.

Joe Rogan once injected a whole Just Bleed at a party.

~420-BL33D-4-M3~

Punk was signed before Conor and Ronda got big. They didnt have a huge star and were looking for a cross over to bring WWE fans over like Brock did.. IMO . They dont need him now, doubt he fights.. If he does good for him...

Bring James Toney back. CM would not have to worry about any grappling.

This would be amazing, the absolute hilarity of watching Toney give Punk the Big Tim/Ray Mercer treatment and then mumble a postfight speech that's so incoherent from his CTE that we understand maybe 5 words out of the entire thing would be unrivaled

2vw8qph.jpg

Despite what most posters here believe Joe has always spoken his mind and has said many bad things about the UFC in the past. He does work for them so he is a little more tactful than us, but he isn't a shill
"Once in human history."

"Jesus fucking CAHRIST."

"It's an honor... to call your fights."

Rogan is a fucking shill.

This would be amazing, the absolute hilarity of watching Toney give Punk the Big Tim/Ray Mercer treatment and then mumble a postfight speech that's so incoherent from his CTE that we understand maybe 5 words out of the entire thing would be unrivaled

2vw8qph.jpg

Classic. Ray even went for the takedown haha.
James is the best mumbler there is.

Agree re punk. Disagree re Lesnar. Lesnar's problem was never technical skill. Lesnar was a virtually a freak of nature. Punk isn't scary to anyone in or out of the octagon.

As a pro wrestling fan you wish misfortune upon a former pro wrestler? ......

doesnotcompute.jpg

There are thousands of professional wrestlers. I don't have to like who they all are on a personal level. A lot of pro wrestlers over the years have been massive cunts as human beings.

Damn take that in for a second.. He was signed in 2014...

That seems like forever ago.

His profile suddeny reappeared on the WWE website today, for the first time since his departure. Might be a coincky-dink off course.
http://www.wwe.com/superstars/cmpunk
This is interesting for the following reason. Undertaker's original Wrestlemania match was scrapped due to fan back lash. Rumour is his new opponent isn't currently on the roster and John Cena recenty tweeted or posted on IG Punk's twitter pic

Last edited:
Back