"It's ridiculous for CM Punk to fight in the UFC." - Joe Rogan

"Once in human history."

"Jesus fucking CAHRIST."

"It's an honor... to call your fights."

Rogan is a fucking shill.
Like most of the rest of the world he got swept up in the drama and took his hyperbole to the next level. Those were his opinions at the times. He's said plenty of things against the UFC agenda, like back in 2008 when he kept championing Fedor as the best ever or recently he has been outspoken on his podcasts about Reebok being a shitty move. But believe what you want I guess

It's almost like the UFC isn't as heavy-handed in preventing their employees from saying what they want as the Bellator/RIZIN shills claim.

Funny so true. All the employees talk sh$# about Zuffa constanstly. They're prolly the most off the cuff and rough-around-the-edged billion dollar org.

Just look@ how Scott Coker and Sakiraba dress and behave then look@ Dana White 90% of time Vans and a Ramones T-shirt

UFCPresidentDanaWhite.jpg

This is interesting for the following reason. Undertake's original Wrestlemania match was scrapped due to fan back lash. Rumour is his new opponent isn't currently on the roster and John Cena recenty tweeted or posted on IG Punk's twitter pic
Yeah, saw that was well... And the plot thickens...

Agree re punk. Disagree re Lesnar. Lesnar's problem was never technical skill. Lesnar was a virtually a freak of nature. Punk isn't scary to anyone in or out of the octagon.

Lesnar wasn't well rounded, he was a freak athlete with great wrestling. The problem for a guy like Lesnar is he probably wouldn't have improved much being in the other leagues or even taking low level UFC fights because he would have been able to demolish a lot of lower ranked fighters with ease.

The only way you were ever going to see Brock improve leaps and bounds was if he were to fight someone who could neutralize his wrestling but wasn't a threat to him on the feet. Basically if Brock had to fight Randy Couture and clones on the way up you could have seen a better fighter then what he became.

That being said Brock was such a freak it would have been a financial waste to have him toll around the MMA underground for years when he was able to compete at the top level from day 1.

Despite what most posters here believe Joe has always spoken his mind and has said many bad things about the UFC in the past. He does work for them so he is a little more tactful than us, but he isn't a shill

rhonda was a once in ever athlete?

yeah, hes a shill.

like my dear friend james hetfeild says, it's sad, but true.

There seems to be this MMA snobbery type attitude towards CM Punk because A: he's famous and B. He came from WWE.
My main problem with him coming over is the fact that he's 37 with a lot of mileage. We all know Wwe is fake but it's still physically grueling on its wrestlers so CM is an olllllllld 37 whos had plenty of injuries over the years.
Best case scenario he fights 3 or 4 times and wins a couple. Most likely scenario he gets ruined in his debut or never fights at all.

Pride had freak show fights all the time and Pride was the shit. Bellator just put on a freak show. James Toney fought Couture in the UFC and Kimbo was on TUF, this shit is not unusual. Lesnar owns every PPV record CM Punk is going to get a lot of people watching as well. Let the man try to fight he actually brings shit to the table. He's too irrelevant in this game to be getting this much attention and vitriol.

Last edited:
The only reason why the signed him is so that no other orgs would get exposure by having him. He is a sacrificial lamb and as a pro wrestling fan I can't wait for that prick to eat shit.

I don't like Punk for getting agitated by MMA questions but I am curious, why do pro wrestling fans dislike him?

This is the 3rd time I have heard a pro wrestling fan express dislike for his character...

Joe is not wrong. CM having no fights (even amateur) is what is wrong with the UFC signing him. Having him sit on the shelf all this time makes it even more bothersome...and a little bit suspicious as well.

It's almost like the UFC isn't as heavy-handed in preventing their employees from saying what they want as the Bellator/RIZIN shills claim.

Rogan has power that most in the industry don't - hence his looser leash. Think before you post...

1. Everybody talk a bunch of shit about CM Punk potentially fighting
2. Everybody tunes in when CM Punk fights
3. UFC profits
There is a certain amount of credibility that goes down the drain with casuals. Some people still think the UFC is pretty much like the WWE, things like this don't help you convince someone it isn't

Punk was signed by the ufc to prevent another org from cashing in. I doubt the ufc cares if he ever fights.

As much flak as Dhafir Harris receives, he actually entered the ring and literally risked his life.

I still admonish both Bellator MMA and the Texas State Athletic Commission (mostly the latter) for giving DH clearance to compete but Brooks has not entered any MMA ring yet.

I don't like Punk for getting agitated by MMA questions but I am curious, why do pro wrestling fans dislike him?

This is the 3rd time I have heard a pro wrestling fan express dislike for his character...

He vocally expresses his disdain for fans approaching him. There are times when it is inappropriate, but it seems with him it is just in general. He wouldn't have the money he has if it wasn't for fans. Just a little gratitude would be nice.

He comes across as whiny and a complainer. Just a really negative attitude. It isn't just these recent MMA interview questions where he has seemed agitated, it has always seemed to be the case.

That being said, he was a top performer in the ring and on the mic, however it is questionable if he would have reached the heights he did if he was in an era that wasn't so weak.

rhonda was a once in ever athlete?

yeah, hes a shill.

like my dear friend james hetfeild says, it's sad, but true.

He was pumping Fedor like a God. There's video of him praising him as greatest. Then when the Emps didn't sign suddenly Rogan though he was over-rated.

"I don't know what's going to happen with that guy. I don't understand this whole thing. Well, I also think it's ridiculous for him to fight in the UFC. I think he should fight in a small organization. Take a fight in a small organization, build yourself up. I have always said that's what should have happened with Brock Lesnar."

tumblr_o0x4anfUf11ry1rm7o1_500.gif

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/2...nk-its-ridiculous-for-him-to-fight-in-the-ufc

My take - Punk is a publicity stunt for the UFC, but it does hurt their image a bit. I'm surprised Rogan can say stuff like this while under contract with the UFC. It seems unusual for a company to be ok with an employee bad mouthing their decisions to the public.
Rogan calling it what it is.

Brock is a freak physical specimen with a legit wrestling background and an actual MMA fight before signing. Punk has none of the above. This is a publicity stunt.
I'm not exactly ruling out it being partially a publicity stunt, but sometimes things are more complex than that. Like I said, he's good friends with Chael. There's been a decent handful of WWE guys going MMA that the UFC skipped on, I'm just saying his connections might have helped as well as being a huge fan in general.

This video must be a Sherdoggers wetdream (even though it's not real) lol.

I;m not sure how heavy handed people claim the ufc can be about those who speak out against certain things. That said, I would think joe rogan has a bit of privileged position given his history with the ufc.

I'm not exactly ruling out it being partially a publicity stunt, but sometimes things are more complex than that. Like I said, he's good friends with Chael. There's been a decent handful of WWE guys going MMA that the UFC skipped on, I'm just saying his connections might have helped as well as being a huge fan in general.

This video must be a Sherdoggers wetdream (even though it's not real) lol.

I know Lashley, Batista, and Sean O'haire had dabbled in MMA. I wonder if it was there decision to test themselves on smaller shows, or if UFC was an option.

I do agree that there are various factors in play including lack of star power in 2014, not wanting him to go to Bellator, his friendship with Chael who he was going to walk out with years back, but Vince wouldn't allow because he can be a moron.

In fact, Shane McMahon tried to convince him to purchase UFC back when Zuffa got it, but he balked. Thank god for that. I still have XFL nightmares.

Back