"It's ridiculous for CM Punk to fight in the UFC." - Joe Rogan

Fighting in lower tier shows is a giant waste of time especially for a 37 year old.
Batista did it at 40+. Batista just wanted to do it as a bucket list type of thing. The talent on the regional circuit is lower than the talent over at UFC. It's like why do u sign a fighter to the UFC not to fight other UFC fighters? You sign him to the UFC then have to sign a lower ranked regional fighter in order for the fight to be fair. I don't get any of this.

I'm not exactly ruling out it being partially a publicity stunt, but sometimes things are more complex than that. Like I said, he's good friends with Chael. There's been a decent handful of WWE guys going MMA that the UFC skipped on, I'm just saying his connections might have helped as well as being a huge fan in general.

This video must be a Sherdoggers wetdream (even though it's not real) lol.

Ah so that was what Bisping was talking about....the 15/16 losses.

Batista did it at 40+. Batista just wanted to do it as a bucket list type of thing. The talent on the regional circuit is lower than the talent over at UFC. It's like why do u sign a fighter to the UFC not to fight other UFC fighters? You sign him to the UFC then have to sign a lower ranked regional fighter in order for the fight to be fair. I don't get any of this.

Punk is fighting a regional fighter just on a grander stage to make more money.

Anyone who likes money knows what the obvious choice is.

Between this and Reebok, it is so obvious what a shill Joe is for UFC.

Oh wait ................................

Punk is fighting a regional fighter just on a grander stage to make more money.

Anyone who likes money knows what the obvious choice is.
If he can handle the pressure. Sure good for him. On the regional sure there is less money. The stakes aren't as big. He most likely is going to make an ass of himself in front of millions. But I guess if you're gonna fail. Fail big. Plus he's a pro wrestler. He's had to degrade himself in front millions before for a paycheck I'm sure.

If he can handle the pressure. Sure good for him. On the regional sure there is less money. The stakes aren't as big. He most likely is going to make an ass of himself in front of millions. But I guess if you're gonna fail. Fail big. Plus he's a pro wrestler. He's had to degrade himself in front millions before for a paycheck I'm sure.

You're right. It's a dangerous fight for Punks career. It's pretty obvious Vince would hire punk back. If punk gets embarrassed it will look bad on a wwe return.

You're right. It's a dangerous fight for Punks career. It's pretty obvious Vince would hire punk back. If punk gets embarrassed it will look bad on a wwe return.

Punk will not go back anytime soon.
He hates WWE and has a nice lawsuit currently from their ringside physician.

We all knew from the get go this was just a publicity stunt to get the word out there, get WWE fans to tune in maybe or keep an eye on the UFC, steal some of their fans, those Punk fanatics. And then after 1-2 years of training you can feed this fake fighter to some other n00b with 2-3 fights under his belt or something and build this Punk thing up and have a lot of people tune in to a shitty fight and make a lot of money with it because face it, people want to see Punk. Either fail or win. Mostly fail. Well, 90% of them want to see him fail and get his ass beat. But they'll tune in regardless.

Brock was a different story altogether, the guy is a world class wrestler, he's a giant, strong as fuck and extremely quick, tremendous athlete. Punk is an actor. An out of shape actor. He's just a brand, a walking name.

CM Punk is UFC trying to pull the exact same move fake wrestling does. Create the most polarizing figure possible.

Half of fans hate it because many of them also train in martial arts/mma/bjj, etc, and feel he doesn't belong. He hasn't earned this privilege. THEY will tune in to see him get destroyed.

The other half....are fans who have never trained and see CM Punk as being like one of them....just a tough average built dude off the street. He gives them the idea that they too could be capable of being a UFC fighter if they just had a shot because....hey....they're tough and mouthy and have tattoos also and if they got taken down by some wrestler or bjj guy they wouldn't do gay dry hump fighting they would just stand up and then street fight. Yeah bro.

Exactly. Because if he did it quietly. He could have quit while he was ahead and no one would be the wiser. Now there is so much pressure from the fans, fighters, the company for him to fight. He can't back out now without looking like a major tool and coward.

Also it's really shady of Punk to make it out like the UFC sought him out. I saw an interview with him and he made it out that he put the feelers out there and that the UFC bit. What a jackoff.

Unfortunately, he'll prolly make some sob story about how an injury prevented him from competing and then give MMA interviews and commentary for the rest of his life. This will also give him extra negotiations w WWE where he can wrassle w MMA gloves n shorts like Brock and the storyline will be that he trained w the best and is now a bettter wrestler.

It's almost like the UFC isn't as heavy-handed in preventing their employees from saying what they want as the Bellator/RIZIN shills claim.

Because Joe Rogan said that if they didnt like him speaking his mindon his podcast,hed walk. He has alternate income,which most dont. If you listen to the podcast,he seems like hes half into the idea of doing something else one day and stepping down.

I don't get why the winner of Mike Jackson vs Gall fights Punk, should be the loser. Gall oculd be a very legit 170er and they want to sacrifice their image by feeding Punk to him ? Jackson is a way better fight for Punk...and considering Jackson has some striking with no grappling, it's a much better match up. Punk isn't submitting Gall, he isn't out wrestling him and he certainly isn't out striking him.

Gotta wonder where the UFC is on this any more. For starters Punk was campaigning to get on UFC 200 (his ppv points would be worth way more) and Dana's answer basically was it wasn't happening. Now Punk pulls out with an injury where the timing would be right on schedule for UFC 200. They probably weren't too thrilled with that. It will be interesting to see where they put him.

On top of it, there is simply no reason to believe Punk is ready. He lost 15 of 16 practice fights and when is the last time anyone has heard someone compliment his progress out of his camp? And Gall looked pretty good (against someone probably around where Punk is at)

I think the UFC may be looking to scrap this if they think they can get away with it. I do think Rogan believes what he said. But he may have mentioned it as a solid to put out a test balloon to gauge reaction. I could be wrong but I really feel there is a better chance of Punk never fighting this point, especially if it seems fan interest has dwindled.

Last edited:
If the UFC ends up letting him fight Gall they're stupid, he will get stomped in minutes and let's say Gall actually is a real talent the dude might get seriously hurt. He doesn't seem to be the heathiest person.

I want Punk vs. Kimbo Open weight Japan shit Coker.

Kimbo would fucking murder him.

Back