"It's ridiculous for CM Punk to fight in the UFC." - Joe Rogan

Coffee79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"I don't know what's going to happen with that guy. I don't understand this whole thing. Well, I also think it's ridiculous for him to fight in the UFC. I think he should fight in a small organization. Take a fight in a small organization, build yourself up. I have always said that's what should have happened with Brock Lesnar."

tumblr_o0x4anfUf11ry1rm7o1_500.gif

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/2...nk-its-ridiculous-for-him-to-fight-in-the-ufc

My take - Punk is a publicity stunt for the UFC, but it does hurt their image a bit. I'm surprised Rogan can say stuff like this while under contract with the UFC. It seems unusual for a company to be ok with an employee bad mouthing their decisions to the public.

It's almost like the UFC isn't as heavy-handed in preventing their employees from saying what they want as the Bellator/RIZIN shills claim.

Punk was signed in 2014, one of their worst years in the modern era. The UFC was more desperate for ratings and hype back then. The whole thing would have been handled very differently today.

The only reason why the signed him is so that no other orgs would get exposure by having him. He is a sacrificial lamb and as a pro wrestling fan I can't wait for that prick to eat shit.

royce gracie would take out punk easily. royce is back

Punk was signed in 2014, one of their worst years in the modern era. The UFC was more desperate for ratings and hype back then. The whole thing would have been handled very differently today.

This is a good point. IIRC at the time there was a concern about a lack of star power.

ok, i'm back to the 'love' phase of my love/hate relationship with roganism.

Despite what most posters here believe Joe has always spoken his mind and has said many bad things about the UFC in the past. He does work for them so he is a little more tactful than us, but he isn't a shill

Bring James Toney back. CM would not have to worry about any grappling.

1. Everybody talk a bunch of shit about CM Punk potentially fighting
2. Everybody tunes in when CM Punk fights
3. UFC profits

I don't think he's as much as a publicity stunt as he is another Brock Lesnar experiment. The only problem is, he's much older. But I do remember CM Punk being a huge MMA fan and having some type of martial arts background well before he decided to come to the UFC. I kind of wonder if Chael just pulled Dana's strings just enough to bring him in as well since they're friends.

It's almost like the UFC isn't as heavy-handed in preventing their employees from saying what they want as the Bellator/RIZIN shills claim.
Or maybe Joe is already planning on leaving in the near future, along with having plenty of money & opportunities outside of the UFC, unlike some others. It's funny how despite all known history, and bullshit spouted by Dana, you still get UFC "shills" acting like anything negative pertaining UFC is a fairytale

We all knew from the get go this was just a publicity stunt to get the word out there, get WWE fans to tune in maybe or keep an eye on the UFC, steal some of their fans, those Punk fanatics. And then after 1-2 years of training you can feed this fake fighter to some other n00b with 2-3 fights under his belt or something and build this Punk thing up and have a lot of people tune in to a shitty fight and make a lot of money with it because face it, people want to see Punk. Either fail or win. Mostly fail. Well, 90% of them want to see him fail and get his ass beat. But they'll tune in regardless.

Brock was a different story altogether, the guy is a world class wrestler, he's a giant, strong as fuck and extremely quick, tremendous athlete. Punk is an actor. An out of shape actor. He's just a brand, a walking name.

Or maybe Joe is already planning on leaving in the near future, along with having plenty of money & opportunities outside of the UFC, unlike some others. It's funny how despite all known history, and bullshit spouted by Dana, you still get UFC "shills" acting like anything negative pertaining UFC is a fairytale

The Bellator/RIZIN shills sure do love their conspiracy theories, don't they?

Occam's razor agrees with me: It's almost like the UFC isn't as heavy-handed in preventing their employees from saying what they want as the Bellator/RIZIN shills claim.

Well Rogan is right.
They even have trouble to make the first match for godsake!

1. Everybody talk a bunch of shit about CM Punk potentially fighting
2. Everybody tunes in when CM Punk fights
3. UFC profits
I won't unless it just happens to be on a good card. I'll wait for the hilarious gifs that will be posted a billion times on here

I don't think he's as much as a publicity stunt as he is another Brock Lesnar experiment. .

Brock is a freak physical specimen with a legit wrestling background and an actual MMA fight before signing. Punk has none of the above. This is a publicity stunt.

most people know this is a low risk publicity stunt.

Or, that Rogan either considers himself bullet proof, or that he (as has been noted over the last couple of years) has had enough of the announce gig, and really doesn't give a shit what they do to him.

ps--Glad to see you're keeping up your traditional posting standards.

Back