It's an absolute shame that Tony isn't massively popular

Name a boring Tony Ferguson fight.

I don’t think Tony wants to mega popular. In an interview he talked how greatful he was to able to smwalk around and do normal things with his family.

Im sticking with Tony against Khabib. It's going to be an insane fight.

Badass video.
I’m rooting for Tony as well, I think he gots what it takes. Will be EPIC.

How big and important is this fight?
Well, it’s been cancelled on 4 separate occasions prior, and were still proceeding with a 5th attempt. That simple.

LMAO just throwing random shit out there about your idol.

I kinda like it actually, why not?

Here, I'll try it:

Tony can beat Usain Bolt in a sprint and lift a sedan over his head. Also, all the bones in his hands are made of lead.

Damn...this is fun!

But he's not wrong. Every reputable analyst I've seen has remarked about not only how athletic Khabib is, but about how misperceived his level of athleticism is.

Luke Thomas, Jack Slack, Dorman, the Weasle, they've ALL said some version of "Khabib is the best athlete at 155". MMA fans are the only ones who don't think of Khabib as athletic because of inherent cognitive biases (Khabib has awkward herky jerky movement and he's white). Honestly, I don't give Tony much of a shot against Khabib partially because I think he won't keep up with Khabib's athleticism even if their technique is on par.

It's more of a shame that he's going to destroy his back with his form on those trap bar deadlifts. Straight bar is a lot better balanced anyway he should do those instead.

GleefulGlassCuscus-size_restricted.gif
what's funny is they originally made the trap bar because it puts your body in a more natural position and basically makes the exercise idiot proof.

The trap bar is almost impossible to do wrong and yet Tony still does it incredibly wrong

I mean shit you literally just have to grab the bar and have at least three inches of knee bend and you'll be doing the movement with at least good technique, it was literally designed to be easy :D

The guy is a wild man who brings a new level of excitement.

If only the masses who are entertained by the Steph Currys and Lionel Messis knew what they were missing.

Tony is our gem and we should all be grateful for the privilege we have of knowing about him and watching his fights for years.

Thats all I wanted to say... Love the dude
Tony's won five straight fight of the nights, every fight he's had on his 12 fight win streak with the exception of the Castillo fight has been in the running for fight of the night or performance of the night.

He exclusively gets put on pay-per-view cards or headlines cable events for almost his entire last 10 fights. He has almost 2 million followers on social media and has done interviews with multiple popular media sources

Seems like the fans, the media, and the UFC knows that he's a popular fighter and exciting, I don't think anybody really takes him for granted they all know he's f****** crazy, exciting, and high-level skills

what's funny is they originally made the trap bar because it puts your body in a more natural position and basically makes the exercise idiot proof.

The trap bar is almost impossible to do wrong and yet Tony still does it incredibly wrong

I mean shit you literally just have to grab the bar and have at least three inches of knee bend and you'll be doing the movement with at least good technique, it was literally designed to be easy :D

For me it's imbalanced, there's no bar to stop you from overextending you're hips, and foot position is harder to setup. I'm a manlet so maybe it has to do with arm length and where they have their grips. I've only had back problems with the trap bar even though a lot of people swear by it.

Too much psychosis. Seems like self sabotage.

With that said, I don't blame him. If I was, both, genetically predisposed AND placed in that environment of sharks, I would happily be exactly like him.

I wish him the best!

..Khabib UD

But he's not wrong. Every reputable analyst I've seen has remarked about not only how athletic Khabib is, but about how misperceived his level of athleticism is.

Luke Thomas, Jack Slack, Dorman, the Weasle, they've ALL said some version of "Khabib is the best athlete at 155". MMA fans are the only ones who don't think of Khabib as athletic because of inherent cognitive biases (Khabib has awkward herky jerky movement and he's white). Honestly, I don't give Tony much of a shot against Khabib partially because I think he won't keep up with Khabib's athleticism even if their technique is on par.

Well, there are all sorts of ways I can reply here. But mainly I'm just going to say that my reply was to his claim about Khabib's speed, not his overall athleticism. Do I think Khabib is a good athlete? Yes, for sure as compared to the LW division in general. I don't care how good his technique is, if he wasn't a good athlete he wouldn't be undefeated, champ, and ragdolling guys the way he normally is. My reply was about that silly claim that he's clearly the second FASTEST LW now. That's a silly claim that can't be substantiated even if it was close to being true.

Also, "athleticism" doesn't have one true definition. This is especially so when talking about fighting where things like functional strength, the ability to use leverage, etc. are all applicable parts of "athleticism".

I disagree about Tony not being able to keep up based on athleticism. They are different kinds of athletes, but watch Tony's breakdancing and just look at how he moves. He's a well above average athlete for the division just like Khabib is.

Well, there are all sorts of ways I can reply here. But mainly I'm just going to say that my reply was to his claim about Khabib's speed, not his overall athleticism. Do I think Khabib is a good athlete? Yes, for sure as compared to the LW division in general. I don't care how good his technique is, if he wasn't a good athlete he wouldn't be undefeated, champ, and ragdolling guys the way he normally is. My reply was about that silly claim that he's clearly the second FASTEST LW now. That's a silly claim that can't be substantiated even if it was close to being true.

Also, "athleticism" doesn't have one true definition. This is especially so when talking about fighting where things like functional strength, the ability to use leverage, etc. are all applicable parts of "athleticism".

I disagree about Tony not being able to keep up based on athleticism. They are different kinds of athletes, but watch Tony's breakdancing and just look at how he moves. He's a well above average athlete for the division just like Khabib is.

his chicken arms make him look faster than he really is.

his chicken arms make him look faster than he really is.

Uh huh. Yet he's won 12 in a row, with 9 finishes, busting up and bloodying one guy after another.

The reality is that nobody can actually quantify or measure who the "fastest" guys are. Tony clearly moves better than most LW's, that much is obvious. But then...that's also one reason that he's 14-1 in the UFC and without a loss in 8 f'ing years.

Uh huh. Yet he's won 12 in a row, with 9 finishes, busting up and bloodying one guy after another.

The reality is that nobody can actually quantify or measure who the "fastest" guys are. Tony clearly moves better than most LW's, that much is obvious. But then...that's also one reason that he's 14-1 in the UFC and without a loss in 8 f'ing years.

i mean khabib

i mean khabib

LOL well whatever. Again, he's done nothing but win (and I'm not a Khabib fan). I don't know how "fast" he is, but I do know he's been fast enough to effectively implement his gameplan in almost every fight he's been in.

LOL well whatever. Again, he's done nothing but win (and I'm not a Khabib fan). I don't know how "fast" he is, but I do know he's been fast enough to effectively implement his gameplan in almost every fight he's been in.

i dont care how fast he is, but chicken arms make you look faster.

i dont care how fast he is, but chicken arms make you look faster.

I guess. His arms look mostly normal to me, but I haven't paid that much attention honestly.

It's probably better for his mental health that he remains an underground cult hero.

Imagine him on conan..

First saw him on TUF so I don't think I can ever really root for him but holy fuck is that guy fun to watch

Tony is cool to some but hes kind of like that dude that was 4 years older than all of his friends, wore black trench coats and dark sunglasses to school, had a huge knife collection and several pet snakes. We Tony fans are the friends who are four years younger than him that think hes cool and everyone else are the kids in his grade who think hes weird.

Fucking El ohhh L

Back