It's an absolute shame that Tony isn't massively popular

I don’t understand why people wouldn’t like him cause he’s “weird” ...nah he’s just got personality and does his own thing. Most people are lemmings, follow trends, do what they think is cool. That’s sad,,,
Tony’s originality, and differences than others is what makes him like able, to me atleast

My main point was that Pettis, who was still losing the fight before he wobbled Tony, is a much better striker than Khabib is. In fact he was the one who ended up quitting. I know his hand was broken, but we've seen plenty of other fighters fight through broken hands. Anthony Smith broke his in the first and wound up finishing Gustafsson in the fourth.

Whether Ferguson is overrated or not is another topic, but I fail to see how getting stunned by Pettis is any type of indicator that Khabib has a realistic chance of doing the same thing. We've seen dynamic striking performances from Tony and Pettis. Khabib hasn't shown us anything special on the feet. Of course anything can happen, but I'd put a lot of money against your theory.

pettis isn't known for powerful punches....good kicks yes...pettis had tony hurt and rolling all over the place, trying to survive.
Regardless Pettis is a complete and top level striker, khabib is pedestrian and basic with average athleticism for a ufc fighter. His striking is more effective than it would be without the massive takedown threat to distract but regardless, he is not anywhere near pettis standing even with that benifit. Let's not forget pettis put out wonder boys lights at 170 in what was basically a kickboxing match. Thats high level stand up people sleep on pettis because he has fought at the highest level for so long and has picked up losses against some of the best to ever do it.

My main point was that Pettis, who was still losing the fight before he wobbled Tony, is a much better striker than Khabib is. In fact he was the one who ended up quitting. I know his hand was broken, but we've seen plenty of other fighters fight through broken hands. Anthony Smith broke his in the first and wound up finishing Gustafsson in the fourth.

Whether Ferguson is overrated or not is another topic, but I fail to see how getting stunned by Pettis is any type of indicator that Khabib has a realistic chance of doing the same thing. We've seen dynamic striking performances from Tony and Pettis. Khabib hasn't shown us anything special on the feet. Of course anything can happen, but I'd put a lot of money against your theory.

Pettis hand was NOT broken. Athletic commissions are required to disclose that in the suspensions. Pettis got a medical suspension but for his face and for head trauma, NOT for anything with his hand.

Pettis hand was NOT broken. Athletic commissions are required to disclose that in the suspensions. Pettis got a medical suspension but for his face and for head trauma, NOT for anything with his hand.

pettis is known for claiming injuries, when he's about to lose...he's done it before. did it against holloway also, i believe...when pettis feels the fight slipping, he will some how get injured as a way out.

It's more of a shame that he's going to destroy his back with his form on those trap bar deadlifts. Straight bar is a lot better balanced anyway he should do those instead.

GleefulGlassCuscus-size_restricted.gif
How much is that?

He is my favorite fighter, Tony and Black Beast are equal as my favorite fighters. Tony is so fun and exciting to watch, must watch every time!!!

He has almost 2M instagram followers, he's more popular than this thread suggests.

pettis isn't known for powerful punches....good kicks yes...pettis had tony hurt and rolling all over the place, trying to survive.

Hardly. If you want to see Tony really hurt, watch the Vannata fight.

Pettis rocked him but never put him in serious danger.

Honestly, Tony is a weird dude, so he just doesn't have much mainstream appeal. Another problem is he uses "fuck" as a comma, so you can't use any of his interviews in a promo package LOL.

Bad ass fighter though!
Weird is good Tony wierd is one of the seven wonders of this world

tony was knocked down a few times, rolling all over the place, trying to recover...he did recover...but, he was hurt...he was rolling, trying to escape the punishment...so yes, he was close to being stopped...close enough...oh, and i'm not a khabib fan at all....not even close...but tony is highly over rated.

McGregor couldn't put together a 12 fight winning streak in the UFC to save his life.

But yeah sure, Tony is overrated.

What he needs is a good 3 fight in a year streak against good compeition and where he can showcase his skills

Because of injuries and waiting for the right fight he pretty much never had the occasion to do so.

I suspect that Woodley had the same problem, with injuries, lackluster fights, he never got the momentum of a golden year to get a lot of attention tht he deserved.

Johny Hendricks, Robbie Lawler, Carlos Condit all had those crazy years where you don't have to remember that they are good because they're in the news with highlights all the time for a year. When you have that kind of sequence it follows you for the reminder of your career.

He has crap boxing, gets dropped alot, and dodges fights.

I find it weird he is as popular as he is.

khabib is pedestrian and basic with average athleticism for a ufc fighter.

Lol at saying Khabib has average athleticism. Khabib is the MOST athletic fighter at 155. Khabib's is the second fastest 155er now that MJ is back at 155.
Now only is Khabib fast but he is insanely strong and durable. You don't what you talking about

Khabib Bless

No worries. If he beats khabib he will get a lot more recognition

He would be if he fought more than once a year
Part of the problem being that there's been roughly 8 pullouts of fights he has been scheduled for that weren't him pulling out of the fight. I can imagine it's probably not a fun time knowing you have to fight a guy that is basically guaranteed gonna fuck you up in some way.

Last edited:
It's more of a shame that he's going to destroy his back with his form on those trap bar deadlifts. Straight bar is a lot better balanced anyway he should do those instead.

GleefulGlassCuscus-size_restricted.gif
Nice way herniate a disc

McGregor couldn't put together a 12 fight winning streak in the UFC to save his life.

But yeah sure, Tony is overrated.

well, conor has fought in 3 different weight divisions...if conor just stayed at FW, he might have never lost...but certain things happen, last minute pull outs by rda and in comes nate and they fight at a higher weight class...short notice fight for conor...at least it was at 170lbs...and new opponent...

Back