It's an absolute shame that Tony isn't massively popular

The world isn't ready for Tony's greatness.

giphy.gif

Great fighter, but he's a pretty unlucky weirdo.

He's a very entertaining fighter, but he's just too weird to really blow up.

Tony does really bring a lot to the table. His work ethic and training regimen is among the elite in the sport, he is well spoken and good on the mic (albeit cringey to many but not myself), and he seems very genuine. I get why a lot of people are turned off by him, but a lot of people are also turned off by Lebron as well. A lot of folks find him weird, but I don't particularly believe that to be something that will always prevent someone from blowing up. He really is a special athlete in my opinion.

Tony is an MMA cult icon... as he should be, we shouldn’t want to share him with casuals... phuck em, they can have Conrad

<DisgustingHHH>

This and if 90% of his post fight speeches weren’t cussing on TV and getting bleeped lol
This. He is impossible to listen to. Tony’s TUF actions would appaul a lot of viewers who have difficulties with raising children.

Tony is as popular purely as a fighter as he can get which is mostly among hardcore fans.

Now if he took his mental health and public image seriously, his story would have been very inspiring to people.

This. He is impossible to listen to. Tony’s TUF actions would appaul a lot of viewers who have difficulties with raising children.

Tony is as popular purely as a fighter as he can get which is mostly among hardcore fans.

Now if he took his mental health and public image seriously, his story would have been very inspiring to people.
100%

“Where’s your kid at??”

<Dylan>

The guy is a wild man who brings a new level of excitement.

If only the masses who are entertained by the Steph Currys and Lionel Messis knew what they were missing.

Tony is our gem and we should all be grateful for the privilege we have of knowing about him and watching his fights for years.

Thats all I wanted to say... Love the dude

I think his chin has been cracked...I wouldn't be surprised if khabib hurts him standing and finishes him on the ground...if pettis can hurt him, I'm sure khabib can. but I think khabib will just take tony down and maul him...

This and if 90% of his post fight speeches weren’t cussing on TV and getting bleeped lol
I think the issue is not that Tony cusses but how he uses it.

For example, Nate Diaz uses a lot of profanity but he usually uses it as an exclamation point.

"Conor McGregor! You've taken everything I've worked for, mother $@#*er!" is a great soundbite that you can use in a promo for a 1 million buy PPV.

Tony tends to use "fuck" like an "ummm"

I think the issue is not that Tony cusses but how he uses it.

For example, Nate Diaz uses a lot of profanity but he usually uses it as an exclamation point.

"Conor McGregor! You've taken everything I've worked for, mother $@#*er!" is a great soundbite that you can use in a promo for a 1 million buy PPV.

Tony tends to use "fuck" like an "ummm"
Exactly what I was saying! Haha

Nate got bleeped, but Tony got bleeped so badly that they cut all audio and it’s silent with him screaming at the camera.

I think his chin has been cracked...I wouldn't be surprised if khabib hurts him standing and finishes him on the ground...if pettis can hurt him, I'm sure khabib can. but I think khabib will just take tony down and maul him...
Because khabib and Pettis are basically even as strikers right?

The guy is a wild man who brings a new level of excitement.

If only the masses who are entertained by the Steph Currys and Lionel Messis knew what they were missing.

Tony is our gem and we should all be grateful for the privilege we have of knowing about him and watching his fights for years.

Thats all I wanted to say... Love the dude

He's got a lot of personality flaws that turn people off.

Because khabib and Pettis are basically even as strikers right?

pettis isn't known for powerful punches....good kicks yes...pettis had tony hurt and rolling all over the place, trying to survive.

This is a guy who fled his wife's car on the way to a psych eval... CTE

I love him but the world won't be so kind. His demise will at least make a good documentary

Tony has a cult following and sometimes that is more compelling and relevant than being “mainstream” popular.

#gamerecognizegame

Cracked chin? You realize the dude's never been knocked out right?

Pettis is a decent striker who one punch ko'd wonderboy not too long ago. You're saying that because he simply wobbled Tony for a few seconds, it means that Khabib, who's waaay inferior to Pettis in the striking department, is going to hurt Tony on the feet and finish him on the ground? For God's sake, Pettis didn't even come close to finishing him.

That's literally the most delusional things I've read on here in a while. If Khabib decides to stand and trade with Tony on the feet, his face will be a bloody mess before the round ends. I thought Conor fans were the biggest dick riders, but Khabib fans are starting to give them a run for their money.

Tony needs a mouthpiece to speak for him. Like a loudmouth manager.

Cracked chin? You realize the dude's never been knocked out right?

Pettis is a decent striker who one punch ko'd wonderboy not too long ago. You're saying that because he simply wobbled Tony for a few seconds, it means that Khabib, who's waaay inferior to Pettis in the striking department, is going to hurt Tony on the feet and finish him on the ground? For God's sake, Pettis didn't even come close to finishing him.

That's literally the most delusional things I've read on here in a while. If Khabib decides to stand and trade with Tony on the feet, his face will be a bloody mess before the round ends. I thought Conor fans were the biggest dick riders, but Khabib fans are starting to give them a run for their money.

tony was knocked down a few times, rolling all over the place, trying to recover...he did recover...but, he was hurt...he was rolling, trying to escape the punishment...so yes, he was close to being stopped...close enough...oh, and i'm not a khabib fan at all....not even close...but tony is highly over rated.

Back