It's amazing to think how far mass views on martial arts has changed since the 80's

Obviously, no one is invincible, but if it's a "real" fight, all those things would be in play for the MMA fighter as well as his opponent.

It's not like the MMAist has to fight by unified rules while his opponent has free reign.

Every single dirty technique is easier to execute when you are have a positional advantage.

In a real fight, the mixed martial artist isn't going to be going for an imanari roll. He will take you down and if you dare to try to poke his eyes or bite him while he's in full mount, you are fucked. People don't understand what they're saying.

Several posts in this very thread reveal that views on martial arts, and more specifically, fighting, have not come as far as they should.

In a real fight, the mixed martial artist isn't going to be going for an imanari roll. He will take you down and if you dare to try to poke his eyes or bite him while he's in full mount, you are fucked. People don't understand what they're saying.

And then I take out the butterfly knife I'm always armed with and the guy's intestines spill everywhere. Knives > MMA

do that in gallipoli or japan (not sure if it was japan) and they'll stab you to death.

I remember when someone in school tried to get me down and pressed me against the wall... I spammed my elbow against the back of his head.

you have no idea how something starts or ends, so stfu.

Yeah those "kung fu arts" have died a slow, miserable death. The only thing that people haven't let go is marines/soldiers who supposedly are deadly fighters without using MMA. People don't want to let that go because they think it's unamerican to be honest and realize that marines would be folded up by the weakest MMA fighters.

Yeah those "kung fu arts" have died a slow, miserable death. The only thing that people haven't let go is marines/soldiers who supposedly are deadly fighters without using MMA. People don't want to let that go because they think it's unamerican to be honest and realize that marines would be folded up by the weakest MMA fighters.

jaja the good old days when everyone said "but but karate is s000 useless bbut but" ... and then machida came LMFAO

ps: zabit says hi

I'm far from knowledgeable on the topic, but if Bas says something works, it may very well work in a pinch; as far as I remember, he recommends some of the stuff on his self-defense DVD. (Just don't try to disarm someone too often :). )

Banga da danga da dang

Well, yeah. Action movies and pro-wrestling are pretty much ruined.

jaja the good old days when everyone said "but but karate is s000 useless bbut but" ... and then machida came LMFAO

ps: zabit says hi

Karate is muff-cabbage without washing it clean with legit combat sport styles, which Machida did because he has a higher IQ than you.

Karate is muff-cabbage without washing it clean with legit combat sport styles, which Machida did because he has a higher IQ than you.

sure lol
funny how opinions change all of a sudden.

1MAGOMEDSHARIPOV_ZABIT.png

Except not once has anyone won a fight using chi or invisible powers or mind control or kung fu

Those misconceptions are not really still around. Karate by itself is just asking to be taken down, so you have to learn grappling, movement, etc. as well. No one thinks having a single skill will be enough to win a fight anymore. Just because people still have some dumb opinions (i.e. those who thought CM Punk would win) doesn't mean we have the same misconceptions people did before MMA

Sounds like Fitch's Syndrome...

https://www.mmamania.com/2011/12/28...nt-want-to-see-mma-become-pro-wrestling-video
I feel for you bro - marking out to shit like this is only natural, because it's awesome.

Let me ask you this - how many mentally functional 90+yr old dudes are doing tai chi/kung fu forms? 10-20 in every Chinatown in North America, never mind China and beyond? How many mentally functional 90+ yr old BJJ, Wrestling, or MT guys are out there drilling regularly? Hint - They're probably doing Tai Chi or wishing they had the knees for it.

MT/KB & BJJ for a fight in the ring
Wrestle box for a fight in the Octagon
Tai Chi for a fight against Father Time, a dude who is undefeated in the ring and Octagon.

Apples and Oranges.

Back