It's amazing to think how far mass views on martial arts has changed since the 80's

K

stupid/weird stuff seems to work in the ufc.

p4p one of the worst uppercuts
BPMx.gif

Sometimes, technique is "forgotten", for various reasons. Gassed fighters may still KO gassed fighters, of course.

Now, match the average dude throwing haymakers with a boxer, and the outcome becomes more predictable :).

In my experience honor only comes into play on the playground. Real street fights as an adult are someone crazy attacking you or someone and their friends ganging up on you outside a bar.

Sorry, was referring to third world shit back there...

K

stupid/weird stuff seems to work in the ufc.

p4p one of the worst uppercuts
BPMx.gif

Novelty kills. Cuz brain goes WTF when it sees something it doesn't recognize.

Ahhhh we have a bruce lee hater among us...haha....listen to what many have said about him...listen to what jim kelley said about him...how he was a freak of nature and nobody could touch him...but I'm not going to debate how great he was...cause the haters can never be made to see...

Just going by Bas Rutten's words, i.e. give me a fight record. Anecdotes are just anecdotes; hell most of traditional MA bullshit is from anecdotes.

80s?

Gene Lebell showed how it was done back in the 60s, but people didn't want to believe it.

Theres stil guys who exist todays that believes bruce lee would destroy a modern mma world champ. Dude would get mauled by even an amateur mma fighter lol. Thats how delusional they are

Back