It was a diuretic?!? (Regarding Romero).

Please God. Enough if the boring white bread MMA fighters that rule this division. Now that Anderson is basically retiring this division needs Romero even more. I am a white guy but sick of Chris's reign being exchanged for a virtually identical fighter except he's single and has a big cock! Who do we want next as champion Bisping? Tim K? Diversity please...

You realize white people aren't all the same, and that there can be diversity among white fighters right?

I'm willing to bet Luke Rockhold's background and culture is different from Chris's, even though they are both white. Are you aware that there are more than one "white" culture?

LOLOL. This is the lamest fucking argument. He failed a PED test..

His failure has got nothing to do with judgement or 'pear shaped' commenters being jealous of his roided physique. He had banned substances in his system. That's on him.
Read the article. Everyone passed their judgements.

You're seriously going to bank on him knowing when it's over the counter and not on the label?

Even if he was on something, his defense is sound and now echoed by the usda. How often does that happen where they say it might not be the fighters fault?

It happens often that before their investigation they say it might not be the fighter's fault. We will see whether his defense holds up, but it doesn't seem very sound to me at all. For it to be a sound defense, the USADA lab would need to find the diuretic in other unopened containers of the supplement, not just Yoel's container.

You realize white people aren't all the same, and that there can be diversity among white fighters right?

I'm willing to bet Luke Rockhold's background and culture is different from Chris's, even though they are both white. Are you aware that there are more than one "white" culture?

Dont respond to the troll, he seems to be lost if he is serious.. lol :p

Don't some supplements have labels warning professional athletes to contact their regulatory body before ingesting?

why is it less serious? One of the main uses for diuretics is to help mask steroid use.
Because the diuretic wasn't on the label. I think Romero is definitely on something, but his defence is solid and shouldn't warrant a punishment.

EntImports twitter
"Yoel purchased something over the counter, had no clue the substance was in it, and tested positive for the diuretic."

Already there is a problem with these guys and their sense of journalism. They are stating as fact that Yoel had "no clue" about it, instead of using more uncertain wording like "allegedly" or "Yoel claims ignorance" as one would expect from an unbiased report. My theory is this EntImports is like a PR firm for fighters or interested parties to get their sides of their story published anonymously without the hassle of fact-checking holding them back.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not true. USADA's rules state athletes are responsible for everything they put in their bodies, even if they did not, or reasonably could not, know what was in a supplement. Which is not actually that strong a defense anyway. If you can't be sure what's in a supplement (an industry notorious for exactly this), maybe you shouldn't be taking them anyway. And that's basically USADA's position. Supplements aren't banned, but if you take a tainted one and fail a test, you're shit out of luck.
as it should be

Yoel is a pro athlete of 20 years, he should be taking supplements that are tier 1 (those with NSF/USP certifications). Lots of stores sell these types and the USADA gives you a list of these companies/compounds

Its not hard to get supplements that have legit credentials (my local store only sells NSF/USP certified brands).

If he ignores the certs and USADA list and decides to risk it on some fly by night company then some of the blame is still on him

It happens often that before their investigation they say it might not be the fighter's fault. We will see whether his defense holds up, but it doesn't seem very sound to me at all. For it to be a sound defense, the USADA lab would need to find the diuretic in other unopened containers of the supplement, not just Yoel's container.
That's exactly what happened if you read the article.

Bear i mind this was entimports "stories" from Friday.

All since deleted

1. check the page title
oAEFQh9.png

5XwjSpB.png

they are not a reliable source.

Wasteland this shit until a real source shows up.

Holy shit a tainted supplement excuse that's actually legit? Lol

I suspect that Yoel Romero's drug test failure will be one of those stories where the urban legend will become far more well known than the actual reportage, like Brett Rogers and Brock Lesnar's sparring sessions, UberTS, the UFC/Fedor negotiations, etc.

True, but less serious imo. If the USADA actually bought the supplement independently and found the same diuretic which was not in the label I gotta say it is a decent defense. We can't expect athletes to lab test all their supplements.
This. how the fuck are you supposed to know if it is not on the label

Diuretics are used to get roids and other banned stuff out of your system ASAP. Not just cutting weight.

Free the man. He doesn't do anything wrong, is a hell of a character and always brings excitement to the events

Please God. Enough if the boring white bread MMA fighters that rule this division. Now that Anderson is basically retiring this division needs Romero even more. I am a white guy but sick of Chris's reign being exchanged for a virtually identical fighter except he's single and has a big cock! Who do we want next as champion Bisping? Tim K? Diversity please...
Something tells me God thinks you're an idiot...

Back