It was a diuretic?!? (Regarding Romero).

A lot of "told ya so" sherdoggers look dumb right now. yoel is a victim of fraud here.

If this is a fact, than Romero is not guilty of cheating, regardless of how his physique looks. There is no proven culpa, and therefore he can't be punished. ANY product could be tainted, regardless of labeling,but it doesn't create negligence by not going to the lab after every visit to the supermarket. And it isn't negligence by taking products that are not USADA's "YES" list. Foreign based competitors would then be severely disadvantaged.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/5/1...fetime-bans-fines-steroids-marijuana-mma-news

There is a difference (punishment) for different categories.

CFEKCjbVEAAflRh.jpg

Ghey Jesus was obviously banned for "sleep AIDS" found in the first category of PEDs.

If this is a fact, than Romero is not guilty of cheating, regardless of how his physique looks. There is no proven culpa, and therefore he can't be punished. ANY product could be tainted, regardless of labeling,but it doesn't create negligence by not going to the lab after every visit to the supermarket. And it isn't negligence by taking products that are not USADA's "YES" list. Foreign based competitors would then be severely disadvantaged.
He can be punished. You can argue he should not be, but the rules clearly state he can be.

That wouldn't help his standing with the Athletic Commission at all.
A fighter that can't fight because a supplement company left things off the label that directly caused a fighter to not be able to fight.
It's not about helping him with the athletic commission, it's about compensation on the money he lost.

If this is true, I think Romero deserves a small fine and short suspension.. maybe one that doesn't affect him (3-4 month). Then extra testing for his next fight.

Correct me if I'm wrong but diuretics are banned for a number of reasons. One because they allow for extreme weight cutting and, two, because they can mask PEDs.

I'm not reading 15 pages to see if this has been asked, but what are the odds that fighters know which supplements contain substances that aren't on the label so they can claim plausible deniability if caught?

Sherdog pseudo lawyer bullshit in this thread.

Romero is fucked.

The end.
Not at all. Romero's brother's son's neighbor's Mom's pilate instructor's friend, who has spend two weeks in law school, said the rumors coming from his coach about the possibility of info leaked regarding some sort of tainted supplement, released by a company that may or may not have an entire batch prove tainted, are beyond a doubt enough proof that Yoel is completely innocent. You guys are so determined to overlook simple facts in order to convict this guy.

wrong. athletes are responsible for what they put in their body. they fail they get punished.

I'm not reading 15 pages to see if this has been asked, but what are the odds that fighters know which supplements contain substances that aren't on the label so they can claim plausible deniability if caught?

Going through several YEARS of Usada sanctions we've managed to find ONE case of contamination. Damian O’Hara who was found to have taken a supplement believed to have been contaminated with Steroids not on ingredients list. He still got one year.

http://www.usada.org/u-s-judo-athlete-ohara-accepts-sanction-rule-violation/

So one successful (but still banned) case in years.

And yet suddenly, UFC manage to find three contaminated supplements (Tibau is also claiming contamination in regards his EPO positive) in a little over a month.

Gawd bless the UFC for suddenly locating all these contaminated supplements :D

Romero should sue the supplement company especially if he faces a punishment for this debacle.

Please God. Enough if the boring white bread MMA fighters that rule this division. Now that Anderson is basically retiring this division needs Romero even more. I am a white guy but sick of Chris's reign being exchanged for a virtually identical fighter except he's single and has a big cock! Who do we want next as champion Bisping? Tim K? Diversity please...
So a big dick is not good enough to be a champion but a limp dick was? Your butt must really hurt. Guess its too big for it.

Back