Issues early on in a relationship

This is what happens when people don't communicate what they want.

She could have easily said 'Is it a good time to meet your parents?' or 'Would it be ok if we stopped by to say hello to your folks?'

My advice, forget about her. She is too immature for you and is one of those persons who expects you to know what they are thinking.

That's not the point man. It's not about her wanting to meet the parents, it's about him wanting to show her off to the parents.

That's why my suggestion about him saying he's too embarrassed of his parents is so tremendous.

I didn't see that suggestion, but from reading the OP, they both assumed something and now the result is she is ignoring him. He assumed they were fine and she assumed that he was serious about their relationship and it was a good opportunity to say 'hello' to his folks.

He didnt, she got upset, took it personally, when all she had to do was ask.

Dating for 6 months but can let her meet the parents? You don't know what you're doing.

Timely communication.

its worth its weight in gold.

if you can't get through something as simple as this, when a "real" problem presents itself, the relationship is doomed

Sounds to me like she's too sensitive. She seems too serious, too quick. Those girls hate my guts and for what? Because they know I won't give them my life within 6 months? lmao. I understand that you like a lot of things about her. Early on is the best time and it's hard to realize that this girl although great in a lot of ways, is missing some key points when it comes to being in a healthy relationship. You are not the problem, she is. That is if you're telling the truth on here. It sounds like she's been hurt and wants to be in something serious asap. She won't ever be satisfied with her life if this continues and you won't either if you stay with her, unless she straightens up.

Oh yeah thread just got Fraser B'd baby!

Serious-relationship.jpg

Derp. You get all the puss you want, have fun when your together & yet here you are? Yea, sounds like she's found Mr. Right..

Her nutso side is coming out. Run dude.

If shes acting like this 2 months into about nothing. Just fucking imagine what crazy shit she might be offended about and not talk to you about it.

That's not the point man. It's not about her wanting to meet the parents, it's about him wanting to show her off to the parents.

That's why my suggestion about him saying he's too embarrassed of his parents is so tremendous.

Honesty in a relationship is important. If your perfect way out of a bad situation is to lie to your significant other, something is wrong.

lol, run bro. Girl sounds needy. Good job on the emotional unavailablitiy on your part however... That's how you do it right there. If you do decide to stay, you're holding all the cards.

Its a big deal to a woman because it shows that ur serious about her and ur proud to be dating her. Think about it if ur friends with bozo the clown you dont introduce him to ur parents. We all have had that friend that we kept far away from our house/parents. Our parents are the most important people to us and we care what they think about us and our significant others. In this situation the gf can easily misconstrue that ts was hiding her from his parents.

I'd say someone has their priorities fucked up if they think that introducing the lady to the parents is a bigger deal than sex.
I get why it's important... but I dont understand how its a bigger deal than sex in anyway, shape, or form.

I can see it going either way, Spoken. On one hand, sex is the most personal thing you can physically share with another, but on the other hand, the pussy is given up so quickly that most of us have been desensitized from that fact.

CHL made the best points. If her choice of communication is passive agressive behavior and playing impossible for you to play mind games, get out while you still can.

Unless of course the pussy is good, then bullshit until you're tired of it.

Bro, it ain't over until the iPad's delivered.

Sounds pretty normal to me. She's overreacting and you did nothing wrong; but she just wants some reassurance that you take your relationship seriously. It's a weird time in the early months where you both feel kinda insecure and are figuring each other out a bit. Just clarify that you really like her, and that you didn't do it on purpose and give her whatever time she needs. It is a bit needy, but no one's perfect and she'll probably grow out of that over time when she feels more secure in the relationship.

...err.. now back to talking about people kicking each other unconscious...

Bro, it ain't over until the iPad's delivered.

Sounds pretty normal to me. She's overreacting and you did nothing wrong; but she just wants some reassurance that you take your relationship seriously. It's a weird time in the early months where you both feel kinda insecure and are figuring each other out a bit. Just clarify that you really like her, and that you didn't do it on purpose and give her whatever time she needs. It is a bit needy, but no one's perfect and she'll probably grow out of that over time when she feels more secure in the relationship.

...err.. now back to talking about people kicking each other unconscious...

She may have been over-reacting, but pressing an issue like this is a huge red flag... Pressing it twice is a deal-breaker. It also shows that she's willing to use sex as a weapon. Unhealthy all around... But at the end of the day, Needy girls are gonna be Needy. Nothing new here... Just can't get caught up in that.

Back