Issues early on in a relationship

Go back to your parents house and leave her in the car again. Just run in to get something and come out. That will show her your boss.

only relationship advice I can honestly give, is get all your issues out as soon as they come up. Never talk about anything LATER... Later is the bullshit of all bullshits.

I already know exactly what kind of chick this is. She's the kind that has certain expectations for everything. Before you even take her on a date she expects this and that. When her expectations don't come through, she over analyzes the situation, puts the negative stamp on it and then lets it ruin her day/weekend/week. When you take her out she already has everything planned out in her mind and if you aren't a mind reader, you're going to fail more often than not without even knowing it. She's going to spend a lifetime getting mad at guys for not being able to meet her expectations, no matter how silly they are.

If the situation was turned around, she'd go bring the dog inside and you might think "Hmm, this could be a good time to meet her parents". Then when she comes back out, starts the car and starts driving you'd be like "Next time is cool" and that would be the end of it.

Just wait man, it's only going to get worse. You're going to fight over the stupidest shit with this type of girl. Like you'll stop at a gas station with her and go inside to pay. When you get in the car to leave she's going to sit there silently fuming because you didn't even ask her if she wanted a bottle of water or something like that. It's going to be a fun ride my friend.

youre willing to have sex with her, but youre not willing to introduce her to your parents? Maybe this gal is overreacting, but her point is really good.

And Im trying to figure out how its a big deal to introduce a woman to your parents...it makes NO sense to me.

If she's worth it then introduce her to your parents @ lunch one weekend.

But like I said.....only if she's worth it.

Just tell her your parents weren't expecting you and they were not "presentable" at the time.

Parents like to make a good first impression too.

Yes another relationship thread in the Mayberry Lounge. What better way to share my troubles than with my fellow MMA fans though. Well I've dating a girl I met online for about close to two months. Physically and mentally, we both hit all the right switches for each other on the first date and things just carried on so good. We talked every single day since the first date, we were seeing each other every weekend, etc.. But as always in my past relationships, I find away to unintentionally to screw things up.

About over a week ago, the 6th of this month to be exact, we were headed to the San Diego Zoo. I decided to drop my dog off at my parents house since he was sick. Well, I guess she was expecting to meet my parents. I really wasn't even thinking about that, I was just dropping off my dog really quick and heading out. Besides, it's a little too soon for that right? We're still suppose to be getting more comfortable around each other and stuff right? I noticed she was distant through out the whole date and we even left early because she wanted to. We had no contact on Saturday and Sunday. I called her Monday night to no answer and she sent a text message about an hour later with her saying that she was bothered as to why I didn't want to introduce her to my parents, that she has no time for games. To dig myself deeper, I asked her why she hasn't introduced me to her parents and I just simply told her that we were enjoying each others company and not to rush things. She replied "It's not too soon for sex though right!? I don't know right now, I gotta think things through"

We've had little to no contact since then, we talked this weekend and she asked me to tell her what my feelings and intentions are for her. I told her. I mean, I really do like her a lot, I don't know why she's getting so caught up on a misunderstanding. I want to keep seeing her but to have issues this early on. Not normal right?

She's a crazy person.

She wants a long-term serious relationship.

And you just want sex.

youre willing to have sex with her, but youre not willing to introduce her to your parents? Maybe this gal is overreacting, but her point is really good.

And Im trying to figure out how its a big deal to introduce a woman to your parents...it makes NO sense to me.

I was about to say pretty much the same thing. Just be honest with her and then throw in the lie of "I'm glad you felt safe enough to talk to me about what was bothering you. Please let me know when this type thing comes up in the future right away." Something to that effect.

Just tell her your parents didnt want you to bring someone in because they werent feeling good

She's more willing to hold a grudge against you than to openly express her feelings about the situation. Passive-aggressive. This is a red flag.

What kind of man abandons his sick dog to go on a date? WTF, TS.

Anyway, fuck her. There is nothing wrong with taking the position that you did. If she doesn't like it, tell her to take the train. I wouldn't apologize though, this is your first shit test. Don't fail it.

1. Make sure she realizes you are completely aloof when it comes to certain things and you didnt know meeting the parents were a big deal. Tell her you knew she would meet them eventually so u didnt think a rushed environment would be the right time for either party.

2. Tell her that when she is upset at something she needs to address it immediately and honestly. That way she doesn't get upset and over analyze for hours or days and you can rectify the situation. Tell her u will make mistakes, often completely unknowingly like this situation, and sitting on anger over something like this is not fair to you and only makes the issue much more volatile once it comes up

3. Let her know u would love for her to meet ur parents and you will set up a dinner soon.

4. Dont listen to all the negative people in this thread. The ones that say scre her u were right or girl has issues run. Obviously your gf has some issues (who doesn't) as others mentioned, but being with a girl that wants to meet your parents is pretty harmless on the list of red flags when it comes to relationship. The real problem is what I just mentioned, the communication on both sides. The best thing you can do is let her know that ur stupid and its bound to have u make plenty of mistakes. Those mistakes should not be confused for being insensitive because you simply dont know its a tender situation that u r treading on. Thats why she needs to communicate with u right away.

5. Dont be so damn stupid. Cant you see from her point of view it could seem like you are hiding her from your parents. Its not like you went straight to the zoo with no mention or stopping by of parents. As much as its a red flag she made a deal of it from a females point of view its a huge red flag that you couldnt bother to walk her up 5 feet and say a simple hello to her parents. She might feel like u r hiding her from them. She might feel like bozo the clown because of u

Last edited:

Its a big deal to a woman because it shows that ur serious about her and ur proud to be dating her. Think about it if ur friends with bozo the clown you dont introduce him to ur parents. We all have had that friend that we kept far away from our house/parents. Our parents are the most important people to us and we care what they think about us and our significant others. In this situation the gf can easily misconstrue that ts was hiding her from his parents.

sounds like she's in a bit of a rush and she wants the D...

as in "Diamond".

She's more willing to hold a grudge against you than to openly express her feelings about the situation. Passive-aggressive. This is a red flag.

This man this is so true i cant even begin to explain how many relationships fail not because of you but because the girl you are dating is a passive-aggressive person you need to bring this up to her and try and fix this problem she has, for your relationship or future relationships she is in.

What a dumb thread. Should've just told her you're too embarrassed by your parents to be letting them around your new girl just yet.

This is what happens when people don't communicate what they want.

She could have easily said 'Is it a good time to meet your parents?' or 'Would it be ok if we stopped by to say hello to your folks?'

My advice, forget about her. She is too immature for you and is one of those persons who expects you to know what they are thinking.

Dude the fact that she said she doesn't want to play games and yet she is playing games with you by not communicating and then exploding on you about this parents nonsense days later is ridiculous.

I would say she likes drama and wants you to play her game. Show me how much you want me. blah blah blah. If it doesn't come naturally and easy this early then thats's a problem.

I would be done with it. Don't call her. Let her call you. No games.

Back