Israel Adesanya vs Alex Pereira 1st Kickboxing Fight was a Robbery

Close fight was close. The 3-1 score doesn't really show how evenly matched these two are.

yep, we know the truth:

- first fight, robbery. IZZY VICTORY
- 2nd fight, Izzy clearly winning until lucky knockout, IZZY VICTORY for 98% of the fight
- 3rd fight, early stoppage, IZZY VICTORY if he'd been allowed to continue
- 4th fight, IZZY VICTORY

4-0 against Poatan by any reasonable measure. Poatan would go back to being the washed-up guy in the bar bragging about beating Izzy, except HE NEVER DID!!!

Also Jan was robbed, and Hill and Strickland would have beat Poatan if not for lucky punches. Can this guy defeat ANYONE? It appears not!!

Except he was running his mouth about how Jamahal was going to destroy Alex which made him look like the clown he is after the fight.

Yeah no shit he support the guy who is going to fight a guy that he hate. We see that every week on sherdog.

It's funny how some of you hate a fighter that you don't even know personally.

Izzy fans are so cringe. They root for every Pereira opponent and can’t stand the amount of success the guy has.

PS: A robbery is not possible when a fight is close. This was a close fight that Izzy still couldn’t win.
Never as cringe as a whittaker fan though lets be honest.

Izzy fans are so cringe. They root for every Pereira opponent and can’t stand the amount of success the guy has.

PS: A robbery is not possible when a fight is close. This was a close fight that Izzy still couldn’t win.
You do realize that the more Alex wins, the better Izzy looks, right? Izzy is a 2x time MW champion because he knocked Alex out. Not a TKO, a highlight reel KO.

You do realize that the more Alex wins, the better Izzy looks, right? Izzy is a 2x time MW champion because he knocked Alex out. Not a TKO, a highlight reel KO.
You do realize your argument carries no weight lol that’s like saying Matt Sera is the GOAT because GSP kept winning after he beat him. That’s like saying every one of GSP’s wins makes Matt Sera look better somehow…

Also they’re 3-1 lol Alex highlight reel’d Izzy twice

I think Alex landed the harder shots, and more aggressive.

Izzy also lost the wilnis fight because he thinks putter patter shot that’s are blocked, to be counted

Some of the critizism Izzy faces is definitely based on politics, he's become the "cultural war" target in MMA at the moment BUT that doesnt mean a lot of what he does/says isnt questionable.

I think he did unquestionably duck the third fight with Alex, a fight which would have helped seal his legacy and lessen the earlier kickboxing loses.

As far as those fights go as well I would point out then were not actually during Pereira's best run in kickboxing, at the time he was beating Izzy he was an upper mid level guy, it was only in 2017 that I think he tightened up his game significantly and went on his undefeated run staking a claim for the #1 P4P spot.
Alex challenged for the itshowtime title in 2012. That was the most prestigious belt at 85kg at the time and lost to Jason Wilnis. How was he only upper mid then?

Pereira is happy to fight him again, Izzy got one win and is now saying it's done between them and picking against Pereira in every single fight. Even Izzy knows that Pereira is just better than him in both sports. It doesn't take anything away from Izzy's accomplishments at MW.

yep, we know the truth:

- 2nd fight, Izzy clearly winning until lucky knockout, IZZY VICTORY for 98% of the fight

4-0 against Poatan by any reasonable measure. Poatan would go back to being the washed-up guy in the bar bragging about beating Izzy, except HE NEVER DID!!!

Also Jan was robbed, and Hill and Strickland would have beat Poatan if not for lucky punches. Can this guy defeat ANYONE? It appears not!!

Man Poatan went 6-1 in the luck department, throw in the stoppage vs Jiri to make it 7-1 . Confirmed overated... All early stoppages, I just wish he would stop rocking these guys and making them flap around on the ground when they are never actually out. It just keeps happening to everyone he fights.

9283dee7-bb5c-4b74-92b6-cf0b9d631e1f_text.gif

You do realize your argument carries no weight lol that’s like saying Matt Sera is the GOAT because GSP kept winning after he beat him. That’s like saying every one of GSP’s wins makes Matt Sera look better somehow…

Also they’re 3-1 lol Alex highlight reel’d Izzy twice
Bro, in a real debate, you would look so retarded.

yep, we know the truth:

Poatan the luckiest guy in MMA, the moment his luck runs out hes getting exposed.

Interesting video about their rivalry.

Nobody thinks Matt Serra is the GOAT. But people remember Matt Serra as this huge upset because GSP was so good. If GSP had retired after losing to Matt Serra, both guys would be barely remembered today like Carlos Newton or Sean Sherk.

And plenty of people hype up BJ Penn based on his close fight with GSP.

Some of the critizism Izzy faces is definitely based on politics, he's become the "cultural war" target in MMA at the moment BUT that doesnt mean a lot of what he does/says isnt questionable.

I think he did unquestionably duck the third fight with Alex, a fight which would have helped seal his legacy and lessen the earlier kickboxing loses.

As far as those fights go as well I would point out then were not actually during Pereira's best run in kickboxing, at the time he was beating Izzy he was an upper mid level guy, it was only in 2017 that I think he tightened up his game significantly and went on his undefeated run staking a claim for the #1 P4P spot.

I don't see how anyone with at least half a brain could think he ducked the third fight. That's just nonsense lol

Not a robbery, a robbery is where almost everyone agrees fighter A won. This was a close fight, even if you think Izzy won, it was a close fight, not a clear cut blowout at all. Izzy fans keep trying to work so hard & overtime to convince us Alex is just lucky

I don't see how anyone with at least half a brain could think he ducked the third fight. That's just nonsense lol
Two high level fighters are 1-1 in very competitive fights, a third fight is clearly the biggest draw in the division.

Typical Dana White privilege though, Izzy was the more hyped fighter the UFC wanted to win and when he did they allowed him to avoid the third fight.

As it turns out of course this seems like it was a bad idea, Izzy turning into a duck seems to have robbed him of a lot of his confidence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blunttruth
Back