• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Israel Adesanya Posts Himself KO'ing Alex Pereira AFTER UFC 303

Pereira fought under the same conditions at Jan, people don’t factor in that Jan also gassed because he redlined trying to panic wrestle Pereira and gassed hard. He would’ve been finished in a 5 rounder.

Besides Pereira has gotten better tenfold since that fight while Ank has plateaued.
Jan took down Izzy in 3 different rounds when they fought a 5 rounder and wasn't as gassed as he was against Pereira. But then again he didn't grapple as much in any round against Izzy as he did in the 1st against Pereira.

How has Pereira gotten better?

Jan took down Izzy in 3 different rounds when they fought a 5 rounder and wasn't as gassed as he was against Pereira. But then again he didn't grapple as much in any round against Izzy as he did in the 1st against Pereira.

How has Pereira gotten better?

Brother you’re overlooking many things right in front of you and not giving credit where it’s due.

Alex is bigger and much physically stronger than Izzy, all that grappling against him comes with a tax. Have you not seen Alex improvements with each fight? Just compare his performances against Jiri alone… in their first fight Jiri had some success in the grappling, in the second fight Pereiras clinch work was masterful and he completely shut down Jiris takedown attempts while opening up his arsenal in the clinch and dissuading him with knees to the body because he felt more comfortable with his Takedown defense.

Alex has tightened up his grappling in each and every fight.

I said that going to MW was a weight bully move because he's huge even at LHW. That he's highly successful at LHW rather makes that a bigger thing because then it was even more unnecessary to go down to MW.

I'm not criticizing Pereira in general since that was in the past and now he is where he should be, and he's doing great. I even think he's bringing back more high credibility to the division as I didn't see guys like Jiri and Jan as true champ material, just what was left when the great went away.

He's been a MW his whole career. Didn't fight at LHW in either sport until 2021 when he won and lost that title in the same year. Won Glory LHW title on a split and lost it in a majority decision. I learned all this in under a minute off wiki. You should chickity check yourself before wrecking yourself again.

I'm no fighter, but judging off his record and what I know he wasn't a bona fide LHW until now. Probably wasn't ready for the weight class three years ago. Guys seem to sweat like a mother fucker in MMA training with all the boxing, kickboxing, cardio, roadwork, and grappling. No wonder Rousey and many others that crossed over fought at lower weight classes.

I like Pereira more than Izzy but the former's fans are so easily triggered (and sometimes weird).

Izzy has the advantage in MMA as they have one KO each but Izzy won more rounds, and chased Poatan out of the division. Pereira's fans really can't deal with that. Last night one could certainly question why he was ever at MW to begin with though. He's huge so that was a real weight bully move, which it doesn't feel like he needs at all. The good wrestlers are gone from LHW anyway.
1-1 in MMA, 3-1 in combat sports as primarily strikers.
Pereira went up to 205, successfully beat Jan and then won the title going 4-0 over former LHW, 2 of which hadn't lost with the belt prior to fighting him.
He also did it faster than Izzy did when Izzy used to talk about how he was better than everyone else at MW because of winning the belt in 2 years. ALex went and won 2 belts in 2 years instead. He also has a win over the guy who took Izzy's belt from him the second time.

Pereira out there 1 upping Izzys entire career whilst avenging his own coach in Glover against his two losses with the LHW belt. Izzy was just a side quest on the way to avenging Glover in the grand scheme of things. It's crazy to be honest.

He's been a MW his whole career. Didn't fight at LHW in either sport until 2021 when he won and lost that title in the same year. Won Glory LHW title on a split and lost it in a majority decision. I learned all this in under a minute off wiki. You should chickity check yourself before wrecking yourself again.

I'm no fighter, but judging off his record and what I know he wasn't a bona fide LHW until now. Probably wasn't ready for the weight class three years ago. Guys seem to sweat like a mother fucker in MMA training with all the boxing, kickboxing, cardio, roadwork, and grappling. No wonder Rousey and many others that crossed over fought at lower weight classes.

None of that changes what size he is. Sure, he can make the cut to MW so he's free to fight there but that doesn't change what I said. He does seem to have a fanbase that get very emotional about everything that could be negative towards him though. It's pretty weird.

1-1 in MMA, 3-1 in combat sports as primarily strikers.
Pereira went up to 205, successfully beat Jan and then won the title going 4-0 over former LHW, 2 of which hadn't lost with the belt prior to fighting him.
He also did it faster than Izzy did when Izzy used to talk about how he was better than everyone else at MW because of winning the belt in 2 years. ALex went and won 2 belts in 2 years instead. He also has a win over the guy who took Izzy's belt from him the second time.

Pereira out there 1 upping Izzys entire career whilst avenging his own coach in Glover against his two losses with the LHW belt. Izzy was just a side quest on the way to avenging Glover in the grand scheme of things. It's crazy to be honest.

Yes, he obviously has more accomplishments than Izzy. What's your point? It can't be anything that contradicts what I said.

This is why I like stating some negatives about Pereira on this forum even though I'm a fan of his. People just get weird when you do that in a way that most fighters' fans don't.

Honestly its just strange how things have unfolded, fighters taking a bad loss and declining we get fairly often but fighters winning a big match against a hated rival and then declining as Izzy seems to have whilst the rival then goes on to greater heights, not sure I remember that happening before.

Personally I think the UFC allowing Izzy to duck the 3rd fight with Alex was key, when you get into that ducking mindset its not good for confidence and motivation.

At this stage Alex has surpassed Adesanya in every way.

That pathetic performance Adesanya put up
against Strickland has shown us where Adesanya is at. If and let’s hope DDP beats the shit out of Adesanya and then we might get humble Izzy who retires.

Adesanya failed at light heavy weight. Meanwhile Alex dominating and KO ‘ ing his last couple opponents.

Not to mention Adesanya had a couple of crappy performances where he did barely anything and was lucky to win ie Romero fight.

Alex should post the pic of Adesanya half
Dead on the ground receiving oxygen frommthere kick boxing fight.

Adesanya clearly jealous of Alex rise stardom amd Alex popularity amongst the fans.

Just compare his performances against Jiri alone… in their first fight Jiri had some success in the grappling, in the second fight Pereiras clinch work was masterful and he completely shut down Jiris takedown attempts while opening up his arsenal in the clinch and dissuading him with knees to the body because he felt more comfortable with his Takedown defense.

Alex has tightened up his grappling in each and every fight.
In the first fight Jiri went after the single leg forcing him against the cage and never let go, so was able to get the takedown. It was a completely different position this time. He also stuffed Jiri in the first fight.

It'll take more than one fight against a brawler to prove anything

Last edited:
I wish the judge did not save Israel in first mma fight against Alex, Alex would have ended him right there.
As annoying as this is from Izzy the ref didn't have the save AP he was already out cold. *Shrug*

Back