Israel Adesanya Fans can be toxic

These sort of things are extremely common on Sherdog and MMA social media. There is a lot of negativity. Any popular fighter does have irrational 'haters' who seem to focus on fighters they dislike more than fighters they're fans of. You also have fans who will respond to any slight with 'jealost', 'salty they destroyed your favorite fighter etc. Basically, you're swimming in a cesspool but I don't see anything unusual about Izzy's fanbase, it's more the MMA fanbase online.

These sort of things are extremely common on Sherdog and MMA social media. There is a lot of negativity. Any popular fighter does have irrational 'haters' who seem to focus on fighters they dislike more than fighters they're fans of. You also have fans who will respond to any slight with 'jealost', 'salty they destroyed your favorite fighter etc. Basically, you're swimming in a cesspool but I don't see anything unusual about Izzy's fanbase, it's more the MMA fanbase online.

Targeted on both rly. but yea.

Anyone who actually likes Adesanya is either pre-pubescent, or has gay tendencies.

He doesn't conduct himself like A GROWN MAN, on any level.

Sounds like you might lack a strong father figure if you watch MMA for guys to act like grown men. I watch it for the fights, myself.

Well, I've been a fan since the Masvidal vs Diaz fight, but I grew up playing UFC Undisputed 2009 when I was maybe 8, 9 or 10 years old.

So you're barely a grown up yourself, that's okay. But your view of what is mature and immature will most likely change a lot, the more you age, because you'll likely learn to better understand where the other is coming from.

I know there is a lot of negativity in the MMA fanbase in general, it really isn't about Izzy. And, in my experience, haters are far more toxic than fans, in general, but obviously a fan of one fighter could be the hater of another fighter. In other words, a person could be both a fan and a hater.
Making generalizing statements of fandoms isn't doing anything either, besides being negative yourself. It's not giving any of those haters/fans any reason to reflect on their own behavior, and if anything they just see your negativity as a reason to respond back with negativity.

Your perspective is probably also skewed a good bit, because the fans that are giving you shit you notice a whole lot more, than the fans who aren't giving you shit. But the ones who are giving you shit might very well be the vocal minority, which would make it unfair (or immature) to criticize the whole fandom.

Making a thread just to complain isn't really a very mature way to go about dealing with toxic fans, either. Like some have already suggested, it's much better to just ignore them, or actually own them in a debate with rational arguments, if you're equipped for that. But just complaining doesn't do a whole lot more than being negative without looking for a solution to your problem.

So in short, by complaining you risk getting caught up in the vicious cycle of MMA fandom's toxic behavior, that you're complaining about.

Last edited:
The guy touched his dog's dick just to get Internet points....that to me is an emotionally immature person and his antics appeal to teenagers and immature adults. The guy is pretty disgusting imo and made the Jan loss pretty satisfying.
The guy touched his dog's dick, so you were satisfied that he lost to a guy who keeps a hangman rope as a trinket.

So you're barely a grown up yourself, that's okay. But your view of what is mature and immature will most likely change a lot, the more you age, because you'll likely learn to better understand where the other is coming from.

I know there is a lot of negativity in the MMA fanbase in general, it really isn't about Izzy. And, in my experience, haters are far more toxic than fans, in general, but obviously a fan of one fighter could be the hater of another fighter. In other words, a person could be both a fan and a hater.
Making generalizing statements of fandoms isn't doing anything either, besides being negative yourself. It's not giving any of those haters/fans any reason to reflect on their own behavior, and if anything they just see your negativity as a reason to respond back with negativity.

Your perspective is probably also skewed a good bit, because the fans that are giving you shit you notice a whole lot more, than the fans who aren't giving you shit. But the ones who are giving you shit might very well be the vocal minority, which would make it unfair (or immature) to criticize the whole fandom.

Making a thread just to complain isn't really a very mature way to go about dealing with toxic fans, either. Like some have already suggested, it's much better to just ignore them, or actually own them in a debate with rational arguments, if you're equipped for that. But just complaining doesn't do a whole lot more than being negative without looking for a solution to your problem.

So in short, by complaining you risk getting caught up in the vicious cycle of MMA fandom's toxic behavior, that you're complaining about.
Perfectly said

I'm 20 years old. maybe I should've said that first. I'm not upset or triggered. I'm more annoyed. also, this thread isn't a complaint. but you came up with good points which I respect.

Last edited:
Izzy's fans..mcg's fans..khabib's fans...fedor's fans....blahblah

This shit is very annoying repetitive and doesn't make any sens.

Last edited:
I mean, if we're gonna throw words like "toxic" around, it would probably be more logical to direct it at all the people shitting on him because they're upset that he won again, and easily.

I mean, if we're gonna throw words like "toxic" around, it would probably be more logical to direct it at all the people shitting on him because they're upset that he won again, and easily.

I believe it to be two sides of the fandom, the fans and the haters. I'm more neutral tbh.

If everyone thinks you're an asshole, instead of blaming everyone, maybe you should do some self reflecting while posing in cock shorts.

Well I hated Izzy before he smoked my boy Rob, after that I couldn't argue anymore, he's a great fighter and has some highlight reel finishes. Thing is once you get to where he is you're fighting the elite every time who are harder to finish, plus there's more at stake so they have to fight safer.

Rob's style against him in their fight was tailor made, I hope he doesn't do the same thing in the second one.

If everyone thinks you're an asshole, instead of blaming everyone, maybe you should do some self reflecting while posing in cock shorts.

Maybe I am an asshole, maybe I'm just more annoyed with an Israel fan titling the next thread to be "Marvin got His ass kicked, suck on that Israel Haters" as to rub it in. I don't support the Haters but sometimes I start to question as to why MMA fans in general have to trash talk stuff like that. and just to make it clear, this thread was never about hating the community or blaming anyone.

Last edited:
The word "toxic" means nothing these days. Usually comes from thin skinned people mad at meanie beans.

Anyways, not really a fan of Izzy (not a hater either) but I appreciate passionate fans. They can all come at me for what I criticize about him, it's fine.
TS is a confirmed snowflake..

The guy touched his dog's dick, so you were satisfied that he lost to a guy who keeps a hangman rope as a trinket.
It's good luck to keep a hangman's rope over there it's not even that bad touching your dog's penis isn't even comparable

Back