Islam beats every ranked WW besides Leon and Shavkat...

Islam isn't the biggest guy in his division. https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/compilation-of-fighters-cage-weight-redux.3977251/

Volk also is the biggest, he even said it himself. Copers

Great I do agree with you, but why are those excuses valid for JJ and not for the dagestanis? Did you do the matchmaking? Did you call both of them to know who's not doing enough for the fight to happen? JJ could have jumped in weight way before the Gane fight.
You are using a number from 2019. Nowadays he is dying from every weight cut.

You are using a number from 2019. Nowadays he is dying from every weight cut.
Here you cope again, latest Volk interviews tell us he is bigger than his whole weigh class one fight day, you said he isn't while he is a bigger weight bully in his div than Islam is. Also UFC revealed Volk was heavier on their first fight.

Wasn't there a rumor that Islam dominated Edwards at AKA or something? Islam has even stated publicly that he want to fight him, so he obviously thinks he can beat Leon.

Yeah, Shavkat just seems too big tho. Like two weight classes apart.

Because he doesn't choose... Khabib only had 3 title defenses, when would he jump up? Most of these greats go up once they get the title and couples defenses but his father died so he left the sport. Now that Islam calls for it y'all crying. Adesanya always was mid in a mid division. The advantages he has at lightweight that translate in ww: Ko power, elite def, elite attacks, elite wrestling, elite judo, elite clinch, elite grappling. Cope more

Is this why Volk nearly beat him in the first fight, fight ended Volk in top landing punches on Islam. Volk is tiny and he nearly took the belt from Islam. You think Islam is going to have it so easy in Welterweight with guys bigger just as strong. At welterweight there all cutting weight also. Khabib knew this and so does Islam when I see it I believe it. The rest is just all discussion.

When is Islam going up to fight Leon..

Oh wait he isn't.

I don't think we can say that. 170 has some big boys in it. The grappling dominance element goes away against some of these big boys. Colby-Islam I think is super competitive. Even past his best days Marty is a horrible matchup for him. Different size of frame on some of these bruisers like Khamzat/Shavkhat too

View attachment 1007982

Leon - beats Islam but Islam has a shot. Back in the day Leon couldnt get him off him in AKA....

Kamaru - prob moving up, too slow, wrestling wouldnt be effective

Colby - struggled and narrowly beat a past prime RDA 48-47. He has nothing for Islam.

Belal - too slow, too basic. Itd be competitive and boring but Islam wins a mid decision.

Khamzat - MW

Burns - Journeyman LW in Islams division. Would get pieced up.

Shavkat - Beats Islam

Luque - would get subbed easily

Brady - LOL got KOd by Belal and pieced up standing by Chiesa. Gets rekt on the feet.

Garry - gets throttled on the mat

Jack - horrendous grappler, gets subbed easily. Emeev and Loosa had him done. He would jump guillotine and then get subbed after it failed.

Holland - gets worked on the ground

Magny - Islam does anything he wants anywhere

Chiesa - another journeyman LW. Islam does anything he wants.
<Dany07>

I don't think we can say that. 170 has some big boys in it. The grappling dominance element goes away against some of these big boys. Colby-Islam I think is super competitive. Even past his best days Marty is a horrible matchup for him. Different size of frame on some of these bruisers like Khamzat/Shavkhat too

Khamzat is a MW not sure why you even mentioned him hes not coming back to 170.

I mentioned Shavkat beats Islam.

Past prime RDA fought prime Colby to a 48-47.

Past prime Cowboy fought prime Leon to a 48-47.

Burns, Jorge, RDA, Cowboy, Chiesa, Pettis, Nate were all past prime or career journeymen LWs who moved up, become top 10 WWs, top 5 WWs, even fought for the title.

LW Serra TKOd WW GOAT GSP. BJ moved up and choked out dominant WW Matt Hughes. Kamarus lone MMA loss pre Leon was getting choked by a LW.

It goes on and on. LWs have historically moved up and dominated at WW. Beat the shit out of many ranked WWs. Islam is a top 5 LW of alltime at this point and a MASSIVE HOOGE LW who can barely make weight. He'd be top 5 WW at minimun most likely top 3.

Is this why Volk nearly beat him in the first fight, fight ended Volk in top landing punches on Islam. Volk is tiny and he nearly took the belt from Islam. You think Islam is going to have it so easy in Welterweight with guys bigger just as strong. At welterweight there all cutting weight also. Khabib knew this and so does Islam when I see it I believe it. The rest is just all discussion.

When is Islam going up to fight Leon..

Oh wait he isn't.
He will become a double champ, and you will eat you own cope. Islam ragdolled Luque Edwards and Belal already. Both Luque and Belal said he was the smaller guy but the better one. Keep crying while they win

He will become a double champ, and you will eat you own cope. Islam ragdolled Luque Edwards and Belal already. Both Luque and Belal said he was the smaller guy but the better one. Keep crying while they win

I believe it when I see it. Then why does Islam fight the smaller featherweight twice in Volkanovski. Why fight the guy in the division below you. Islam don’t want to take any risks at all.

He gives Volk the short notice fight that’s cherry picking. Volk had surgery in his arm was recovering then just got back from family holiday when they called him for the fight .

Where are your sources that Islam intends on moving up.

Volkanovski is so small compared to Islam and he nearly beat him in the first fight. You think he’s going to just go up and beat welterweights.

Islam barely beat Volk a tiny featherweight in the first fight.

Saying he will go up and win another belt is just you dreaming right now.

Like I said I’ll believe it when I see it.

I believe it when I see it. Then why does Islam fight the smaller featherweight twice in Volkanovski. Why fight the guy in the division below you. Islam don’t want to take any risks at all.

He gives Volk the short notice fight that’s cherry picking. Volk had surgery in his arm was recovering then just got back from family holiday when they called him for the fight .

Where are your sources that Islam intends on moving up.

Volkanovski is so small compared to Islam and he nearly beat him in the first fight. You think he’s going to just go up and beat welterweights.

Islam barely beat Volk a tiny featherweight in the first fight.

Saying he will go up and win another belt is just you dreaming right now.

Like I said I’ll believe it when I see it.
You re actually dellusional, everyone knows he intends to do it, he said it on couple occasions, his team and manager talked about it also.

Stop talking about weight classes as if you know anything, there are dozens of examples of fighter that did better in a higher weight class.

You re actually dellusional, everyone knows he intends to do it, he said it on couple occasions, his team and manager talked about it also.

Stop talking about weight classes as if you know anything, there are dozens of examples of fighter that did better in a higher weight class.

You are the delusional one. You are ignoring what im saying. If hes so keen on being double champ why is fighting a featherweight 2 fights in a row. Calls out Volk after he beats Charles says give me the short guy. Then he asks for Volk again on 10 days notice in the second fight , recovering from injury back from family holidays.

When was the last time Islam called out a Welterweight.

Islam fights maybe twice a year so you would think his next fight would be mid 2024 against Charles, then what.

If he is so keen on becoming double champ then whats he waiting for 2025.

Volk arguably beat him the first fight. The short guy that he thought was going to be an easy fight.

Islam is good dont get me wrong but your talking like its guaranteed he will win second belt, I dont even see him challenging for ut and he doesnt have to. Khabib didnt and left undefeated ........

Thes guys are old school would rather kill themself to make weight and have all the advantages rather than fight in welterweight where they dont have the same advantages.

Why isn't Islam asking for the winner of Edward's and Colby ???????

Whats he waiting for rematching a guy he already ko'd in Charles.

Even Dana White said Islam could have a run against Leon but he pumped the brakes on that happening in the near future he doesnt see Islam fighting Leon or at welterweight anytime soon . And he could possibly go on a run and beat Khabibs record. Dana knows whats going on this is something they would have discussed already.

Oh wait you know more than Dana White......

You are the delusional one. You are ignoring what im saying. If hes so keen on being double champ why is fighting a featherweight 2 fights in a row. Calls out Volk after he beats Charles says give me the short guy. Then he asks for Volk again on 10 days notice in the second fight , recovering from injury back from family holidays.

When was the last time Islam called out a Welterweight.

Islam fights maybe twice a year so you would think his next fight would be mid 2024 against Charles, then what.

If he is so keen on becoming double champ then whats he waiting for 2025.

Volk arguably beat him the first fight. The short guy that he thought was going to be an easy fight.

Islam is good dont get me wrong but your talking like its guaranteed he will win second belt, I dont even see him challenging for ut and he doesnt have to. Khabib didnt and left undefeated ........

Thes guys are old school would rather kill themself to make weight and have all the advantages rather than fight in welterweight where they dont have the same advantages.

Why isn't Islam asking for the winner of Edward's and Colby ???????

Whats he waiting for rematching a guy he already ko'd in Charles.

Even Dana White said Islam could have a run against Leon but he pumped the brakes on that happening in the near future he doesnt see Islam fighting Leon or at welterweight anytime soon . And he could possibly go on a run and beat Khabibs record. Dana knows whats going on this is something they would have discussed already.

Oh wait you know more than Dana White......
Islam fought Volk because Oliveira beat the n01 challenger and then ducked the fight.

They didn't kill themselves to make weight, at least not more than the rest of the division.

Islam is asking for the winner of Colby/Edwards for months now.

You're making stuff up to cope with your low knowledge, as I said he talked about it in numerous occasions, your "Dana said" argument goes in my favor, Dana wants him to defend at lightweight, even though Islam would choose a title shot at ww. Time will prove me right and you wrong.

Last edited:
Islam fought Volk because Oliveira beat the n01 challenger and then ducked the fight.

They didn't kill themselves to make weight, at least not more than the rest of the division.

Islam is asking for the winner of Colby/Edwards for months now.

You're making stuff up to cope with your low knowledge, as I said he talked about it in numerous occasions, you're Dana said argument goes in my favor, Dana wants him to defend at lightweight. Time will prove me right and you wrong.

Go do your research there’s a thread on it.Islam is not challenging any welterweights anytime soon.

Dana put the brakes on any discussion about Islam fighting at Welterweight.

So far Islam challenged the short guy as he called him nearly lost the first fight. Then calls out Volk who was recovering from
surgery just returned from family holidays on short notice.

Islam fights at most twice a year so I don’t see him challenging anyone at welterweight anytime soon.

next he will probably fight Charles I guy he beat if he was going to challenge Leon
he would have done it and I haven’t seen him calling out Leon vs Colby winner.

View attachment 1007982

Leon - beats Islam but Islam has a shot. Back in the day Leon couldnt get him off him in AKA....

Kamaru - prob moving up, too slow, wrestling wouldnt be effective

Colby - struggled and narrowly beat a past prime RDA 48-47. He has nothing for Islam.

Belal - too slow, too basic. Itd be competitive and boring but Islam wins a mid decision.

Khamzat - MW

Burns - Journeyman LW in Islams division. Would get pieced up.

Shavkat - Beats Islam

Luque - would get subbed easily

Brady - LOL got KOd by Belal and pieced up standing by Chiesa. Gets rekt on the feet.

Garry - gets throttled on the mat

Jack - horrendous grappler, gets subbed easily. Emeev and Loosa had him done. He would jump guillotine and then get subbed after it failed.

Holland - gets worked on the ground

Magny - Islam does anything he wants anywhere

Chiesa - another journeyman LW. Islam does anything he wants.

Basically agree but think Islam is very much live vs Leon and SR. Leon's defence is not water tight and on the ground will be interesting.

SR could be tougher.

Basically agree but think Islam is very much live vs Leon and SR. Leon's defence is not water tight and on the ground will be interesting.

SR could be tougher.

After seeing Nate rock Leon and nearly TKO him and a past prime Cowboy go to a 48-47 against Leon it would be foolish to not give Islam a shot.

I agree Shavkat is a tougher fight and maybe just flat better than Leon

Then why did he give a small Featherweight Volkanovski the call up on short notice. He knew Volk wasn't in shape recovery from injury back from family holiday.

Why didnt Khabib ever go up and test himself at Welterweight.

Saying he beats everyone except Leon and Shavkat is a big statement. Look at a dominant Adesanya went up and got beat against Jan. How do you know Islam would beat them all. He wont have all the advantages he has at lightweight.

Islam said he is ready for short notice backup for Leon vs Colby fight.

Back