Is your BJJ belt ranked based on....

What about Kamal Shalorus? He was on the British wrestling team. If I recall correctly he has been laughing of American wrestlers in the WEC like they can barely wrestle.

I retract my previous respectful statements to you.

You are nothing but a fight picker and an annoying human being.

Your argument are specious and unnecessarily hostile, blind and one-sided. This argument here is a perfect example. Because one particular wrestler has some success, that means that whatever grappling style he is using is superior? The truth is that it is the athlete that matters more than the art.

If you were claiming that wrestling should be respected as much as any other grappling art, I don't think anyone would disagree.

It is your desire to replace on brand of fanaticism with another than makes you a hypocrite.

I retract my previous respectful statements to you.

You are nothing but a fight picker and an annoying human being.

Your argument are specious and unnecessarily hostile, blind and one-sided. This argument here is a perfect example. Because one particular wrestler has some success, that means that whatever grappling style he is using is superior? The truth is that it is the athlete that matters more than the art.

If you were claiming that wrestling should be respected as much as any other grappling art, I don't think anyone would disagree.

It is your desire to replace on brand of fanaticism with another than makes you a hypocrite.

Err.... What?

This guy said no one in Britain can wrestle. Whereas a guy from the British wrestling team is dominating everyone in the WEC with his wrestling. It makes sense to bring this up.

Regardless i am bored of BJJ guys they appear to have illusions of grandeur. When in reality its more of a backyard sport.

The Hero worship of Roger Gracie is a good laugh. (He is as athletic as top wrestlers AHAHA....

Err.... What?

This guy said no one in Britain can wrestle. Whereas a guy from the British wrestling team is dominating everyone in the WEC with his wrestling. It makes sense to bring this up.

Regardless i am bored of BJJ guys they appear to have illusions of grandeur. When in reality its more of a backyard sport.

The Hero worship of Roger Gracie is a good laugh. (He is as athletic as top wrestlers AHAHA....

There is no need to quote me any longer.

We have nothing to discuss.

What about Kamal Shalorus? He was on the British wrestling team. If I recall correctly he has been laughing of American wrestlers in the WEC like they can barely wrestle.

is he a champ? NOP, is he a current n

Err.... What?

the funny thing is, nop, roger is probably not even half athletic as any Olympic wrestler at his weight, but he could still tap them and make them look silly in a subgrappling match....

I have trained for ten years, but I have only trained on and off for the last few years in grappling. I can hold my own against black belts (they can't tap me and I can't tap them).

Awesome, now go and compete in some events.

You can hold your own against BJJ BB, I am sure you can win easily at a FILA event.

Any good grappling competition event that you entered and won?

Awesome, now go and compete in some events.

You can hold your own against BJJ BB, I am sure you can win easily at a FILA event.

Any good grappling competition event that you entered and won?

I am training for competition. Although wrestling not grappling. Grappling competitions are a waste of time and they have no recognition.

And he threw around an American wrestler like he could barely wrestle. He stopped his shots with ease and then took him down with ease. In the UK we have so many good wrestlers.... many who could beat him. My friend actually beat him.

Why can't you just admit you're an ignorant loud mouth idiot, who is talking about things he doesn't understand.

that is actually interesting as there were a few guys posting looking for wrestling club in the UK.

They made it sounds like they were non-existent.

And he threw around an American wrestler like he could barely wrestle. He stopped his shots with ease and then took him down with ease. In the UK we have so many good wrestlers.... many who could beat him. My friend actually beat him.

Why can't you just admit you're an ignorant loud mouth idiot, who is talking about things he doesn't understand.

who did he beat??? WHO??? hes fighting in a SECOND RATE ORG...

yeah, you guys kick ass at wrestling.... I guess dan hardy and paul daley are some example of how kick ass the english wrestling program is right???? LMFAO...

National championship. My goal is to be chosen to enter international competition and perhaps Olympics.

good, we may see you in the olimpics then, because in britain, theres probably only 2 pple wrestling, you and your imaginary friend lol

I think you misunderstand me. I know exactly how BJJ operates and the reality is your belt is not based on skill but how much money you put into a Brazilian man's pocket.
I am not ignorant I am highly aware of the reality. You're just a BJJ fan boy.

I personally think BJJ is a backyard sport which sole purpose is to garner funds for certain people upon the myth that it is the elite grappling method for MMA.

I think you will just have to get used to the notion wrestlers will make BJJ obsolete in MMA and that in pure BJJ you will compete in competitions that mean nothing and the name of these events are worthless (like all those competitions you just mentioned) whereas I will compete in national and international level wrestling competitions.

Not to mention it is easy for good wrestlers to throw BJJ guys around like rag dolls.

At least grappling has a future outside of BJJ in that the most legit competition for all forms of submission based grappling is Fila's grappling competition. Its interesting to note how all the Brazilians hate this event because it takes the power and earning potential away from them.

You have only state your opinion not any facts. Randy Counture, Matt Hughes, GSP, Jon Fitch, Urijah Faber and Brock Lesnor. All great wrestlers that use BJJ. So the fact that BJJ will die is obsured and that wrestlers will dominate BJJ but yet more and more wrestlers learn BJJ...vice versa.

Brock Lesnor just fought Shane Carwin. Too great wrestlers and Brock one by arm triangle. The great Randy Counture has spoken very highly about BJJ. Please tell how wrestling is going to dominate BJJ Practitioners. A pure wrestlers have lost to pure bjj the gracies have proven that back in the day. But the fact is that you need both in mma and it's best to learn both.

Also what martial arts or any sport don't abuse the profit the make. I mean highschool football, basketball and wrestlers at school practically pay to be on the team. What is your actual point is that all BJJ practioners are hacks and don't deserve there belt.

I don't think BJJ is and elite martial art for mma for that mater anyone particular martial art. MMA stands for mix martial art so it best you have understanding of them all including your belove wrestling but not forgetting about BJJ either.

Back to your excessive rant about BJJ is backyard sport only about money. What really makes you believe that is the sole purpose of the sport? Why do you believe the ranking system is scam? You have only spoke your opinion about wrestling and say you understand BJJ but you can say what you want but you haven't show and proof.

Here is definition of ignorant
....lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact:

Your thread is about BJJ ranking system but all you have talked about is wrestling. Also you have not stated a single fact about how,why,when and yes if where bjj ranking system is flawed. Not only that you have talked about it as if it is an absolute which in this can nothing is absolute. There are pro an cons to everything.

Another thing I like all forms of martial arts even wrestling but you are clearly and uneducated fanboy that can't even stay with in the topic of his own original post. Your debate has turned into a bash between BJJ and Wrestlers which you lead the realm of ignorance. Lets not forget you completely ignore that my BJJ black belt instructor Derrek DiManno is a wrestler and has a BJJ school called Waza Brazilian Jiu Jistu. Which I formation before all about him.

But lets be honest you didn't come into this thread to be enlighten or have an actual debate. You just want your opinion hear and all to agree.

I hope you do compete in national wrestling tournaments and have all the fan you want but until then I guess you have to be the ambassador of wrestling and cleans us all from poison of bjj.

I guess brock lesnor should of but Shane Carwin in a full nelson that would won him the fight not a stupid arm bar.

Oh and Matt Hughes shouldn't have put GSP in armbar he should did the arm twister of death.

Randy Counture should of called BS when big Nogi but him in darce choke good thing his wrestling taught him how to defend a darce choke.

All these great wrestlers should have not wasted there time with BJJ because it has only poisoned there career in MMA.....ALL HAIL IGNORANCE.

who did he beat??? WHO??? hes fighting in a SECOND RATE ORG...

yeah, you guys kick ass at wrestling.... I guess dan hardy and paul daley are some example of how kick ass the english wrestling program is right???? LMFAO...

They are both kick boxers and they're good kick boxers... they got out wrestled by a good guys... so what.

good, we may see you in the olimpics then, because in britain, theres probably only 2 pple wrestling, you and your imaginary friend lol

There are some really good wrestlers in my weight class. A few good Iranians, A very good Uzbeki, a good Russian and some decent British guys too.... No doubt some more good guys from eastern Europe/central Asia/Middle east will pop out of the wood work to try and get on the Olympic team.

So I have my work cut out.

They are both kick boxers and they're good kick boxers... they got out wrestled by a good guys... so what.

funny, you and your wrestling squad probably could've gave them a hand on the wrestling department, specially since americans suck so bad at wrestling and you guys kick ass so bad... it should've been an easy task for you ppl...

Back