Is your BJJ belt ranked based on....

My old dojo was 1 stripe every 3-4 months where you drilled a lot of techniques and i think a 1 hour rolling with people non-stop.

I like the original system as portrayed in BJJ theory and practice book.

I've seen schools do this... but I've never trained at places like this.

Typically, places like this are more worried about looking badass than actually taking the sport or art seriously.

Exactly and not only that he is very specific about the style of wrestling, it is not even "wrestling" in general.

He was formerly known as Iranwarmachine(I think) and it was all about Iranian freestyle and greco wrestling, US folk is inferior even though many of the past and current champs have a base in it. Lets not even start on how he feels about Judo and BJJ.

He is very elitist and has just enough info to make him an annoying asshole.

I am not Iranwarmachine. Its an accepted fact that folkstyle is weaker. Just look at the olympics where folkstyle guys appear to have weak technique.

I don't know how you were a wrestler, i saw your picture in that sticky thread and you look too weak to have wrestled.

I am not Iranwarmachine. Its an accepted fact that folkstyle is weaker. Just look at the olympics where folkstyle guys appear to have weak technique.

I don't know how you were a wrestler, i saw your picture in that sticky thread and you look too weak to have wrestled.

you are probably right, about not being Iranwarmachine, that is.

I cant recall your old user name, what was it...Where is skey when you need him, he might remember,

I would argue that you are someone who is heavily biased towards BJJ and can't take legitimate criticism of a sport. I would also argue that BJJ is mainly an exercise in money making for Brazilians.

If i wanted to I could concentrate on BJJ I have been grappling for ten years. I however choose to train wrestling because I think it is a more honest sport. I actively choose to train wrestling because there isn;t as much bullshit as BJJ.

Ooooh... did the poor little sophmore wrestler get schooled in someones guard? I bet all that leotard pride makes your elbow feel a bit better though, huh?:icon_cry2

My white belt represents my 2 months of pure awesomeness.:D

Last edited:
Ooooh... did the poor little sophmore wrestler get schooled in someones guard? I bet all that leotard pride makes your elbow feel a bit better though, huh?:icon_cry2

I actually find BJJ to be fairly easy. I think when I am an older man I will quit wrestling and just do BJJ.

Wrestling is better for young men whereas BJJ is good for older men.

I love how the original posters is no where to be found in his own thread. Furthermore his response are at a fifth grade level at best.....It is like they say ignorance is bliss but to those with head look down in disgusted. So we are left to educate the naive but mean while the ignorant just spreads like a disease.

Well back to the original post. At my school my teacher belt system is based on time as well as how we perform and comprehend in time we are there. He will promote a student when he sees fit base on the earliest one can receive a particular belt. For example the quickest you can receive a blue belt is six month showing up a couple or three times a week. That would be showing up for 3 to 5 classes because there days there two classes in one day. Theirs not one student that has done that so far at his school it can be done but he does not grant that student a belt unless he believe they deserve it.

On my instructor he was a wrestler even a third place CIF State Championships. He then went to college moved on to BJJ and Judo. He has fought in mma and as well. He captured gold and/or silver medals at the 2004 and 2005 Pan American Championships, Grappler's Quest, US Open, Gracie Open, California State Championships, American International Championships, as well as several other major tournaments. He trained under Casio Werneck and Cesar and Ralph Gracie. I don't think I have state the point of this post. But I will any way a pretty respect able wrestler and has a pretty successful career doesn't have problem with the ranking system or bjj.

If i wanted to I could concentrate on BJJ I have been grappling for ten years. I however choose to train wrestling because I think it is a more honest sport. I actively choose to train wrestling because there isn;t as much bullshit as BJJ.

If you want proof go to Waza Brazilain Jiu Jistu website you can even cal him. His name is Derek DiManno.

Yeh the wrestlers win.
.......:icon_neut......I think you mean your ignorance will not let you believe anything else but what comes out of your own mouth. You are blinded by the mounds of shit that come out your mouth and the ignorant people you listen too. That all we can see is just the top of your head sticking up.

What I am trying to get at is that in order to be a GOOD mma fighter you will have crosstrained BJJ AND WRESTLING!

Ahem
fedor-emelianenko-1_medium.jpg

I love how the original posters is no where to be found in his own thread. Furthermore his response are at a fifth grade level at best.....It is like they say ignorance is bliss but to those with head look down in disgusted. So we are left to educate the naive but mean while the ignorant just spreads like a disease.

Well back to the original post. At my school my teacher belt system is based on time as well as how we perform and comprehend in time we are there. He will promote a student when he sees fit base on the earliest one can receive a particular belt. For example the quickest you can receive a blue belt is six month showing up a couple or three times a week. That would be showing up for 3 to 5 classes because there days there two classes in one day. Theirs not one student that has done that so far at his school it can be done but he does not grant that student a belt unless he believe they deserve it.

On my instructor he was a wrestler even a third place CIF State Championships. He then went to college moved on to BJJ and Judo. He has fought in mma and as well. He captured gold and/or silver medals at the 2004 and 2005 Pan American Championships, Grappler's Quest, US Open, Gracie Open, California State Championships, American International Championships, as well as several other major tournaments. He trained under Casio Werneck and Cesar and Ralph Gracie. I don't think I have state the point of this post. But I will any way a pretty respect able wrestler and has a pretty successful career doesn't have problem with the ranking system or bjj.

If you want proof go to Waza Brazilain Jiu Jistu website you can even cal him. His name is Derek DiManno.

.......:icon_neut......I think you mean your ignorance will not let you believe anything else but what comes out of your own mouth. You are blinded by the mounds of shit that come out your mouth and the ignorant people you listen too. That all we can see is just the top of your head sticking up.

I think you misunderstand me. I know exactly how BJJ operates and the reality is your belt is not based on skill but how much money you put into a Brazilian man's pocket.
I am not ignorant I am highly aware of the reality. You're just a BJJ fan boy.

I personally think BJJ is a backyard sport which sole purpose is to garner funds for certain people upon the myth that it is the elite grappling method for MMA.

I think you will just have to get used to the notion wrestlers will make BJJ obsolete in MMA and that in pure BJJ you will compete in competitions that mean nothing and the name of these events are worthless (like all those competitions you just mentioned) whereas I will compete in national and international level wrestling competitions.

Not to mention it is easy for good wrestlers to throw BJJ guys around like rag dolls.

At least grappling has a future outside of BJJ in that the most legit competition for all forms of submission based grappling is Fila's grappling competition. Its interesting to note how all the Brazilians hate this event because it takes the power and earning potential away from them.

^^you dont know shit you ignorant prick.... you say you will compete internationally?? LMFAO you are from england, where you guys dont even know how to do a freaking sprwal... where are you going to compete at??? your local "wrestling bad ass team??? what a fucking troll...

What national competitions have you competed in and won cupcake?

when i was in judo, it didnt matter how long you were in it for, you had to be good enough to be promoted, if there was shit you just couldnt do, you better start practicing it or you were gonna be at the same belt for years

I love how you guys keep insulting English wrestling when I train mainly with Chechens and Iranians. My coach went to America and beat every American in a wrestling competition, they offered him a job. Kamal Shalorus from the WEC was on our national team.

We had a top 5 finish in the world championships. I was going to go to the student world championships but I got very ill and almost died.

Go listen to some Brazilian hip hop and flop onto your ass.

when i was in judo, it didnt matter how long you were in it for, you had to be good enough to be promoted, if there was shit you just couldnt do, you better start practicing it or you were gonna be at the same belt for years

When I started Judo they pushed me up three belts in one go. I haven't spent enough money to get my BJJ blue belt yet even though I slaughter all the blue belts.

When I started Judo they pushed me up three belts in one go. I haven't spent enough money to get my BJJ blue belt yet even though I slaughter all the blue belts.

LOL.

you are full of it.

You said that you train about 10 years.

You should be slaughtering the BJJ BBs as well!

Go and compete in your FILA event, get some blings and display them on sherdog.

I know that based on your skills and superior wrestling, you will become a FILA gold champ.

I love how you guys keep insulting English wrestling when I train mainly with Chechens and Iranians. My coach went to America and beat every American in a wrestling competition, they offered him a job. Kamal Shalorus from the WEC was on our national team.

We had a top 5 finish in the world championships. I was going to go to the student world championships but I got very ill and almost died.

Go listen to some Brazilian hip hop and flop onto your ass.

you can train with who ever you want, truth is england and wrestling DO NOT BELONG IN THE SAME SENTENCE, you can ask paul daley or dan hardy about it LMFAO...

LOL.

you are full of it.

You said that you train about 10 years.

You should be slaughter the BJJ BBs as well!

Go and compete in your FILA event, get some blings and display them on sherdog.

I have trained for ten years, but I have only trained on and off for the last few years in grappling. I can hold my own against black belts (they can't tap me and I can't tap them).

you can train with who ever you want, truth is england and wrestling DO NOT BELONG IN THE SAME SENTENCE, you can ask paul daley or dan hardy about it LMFAO...

What about Kamal Shalorus? He was on the British wrestling team. If I recall correctly he has been laughing of American wrestlers in the WEC like they can barely wrestle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back