Is Velasquez overrated?

JDS knocked out the number one contender in his debut while Cain at the same time was wrecking a guy who had never fought in the UFC before. After that the UFC built Cain up to a title fight and fed JDS 6 opponents in a row to keep him occupied. They showed clear favoritism. I don't know how you can argue that.

Cain has had one bad fight against the undefeated (in the UFC) HW champion. He was coming off a long layoff with a wrong gameplan. He does not have that many MMA fights but has a great skillset.

Cain's comeback against Bigfoot was downright scary. He is definitely not overrated, even if JDS turns out to be a bad match up against him. Overeem might be the only fighter in the UFC who can give him any trouble besides Junior, even that is questionable.

The UFC really wants Mexicans to watch the UFC

Honestly, Diego and the Diaz bros are the main reason I started watching. And right now, Cain is my favorite fighter. I fell right into the trap of the ufc marketing

The UFC pushes him, but he's certainly top 3. Possibly top 1; we'll see before long.

He only destroyed 10% of them?
crassus.jpg

Can you see any similarity?

If you're going to take words litterally, though, he certainly destroyed far, far less of them. The vast, vast majority of every single one of his opponents remain to this very day.

#1 I don't know what "anthonly" means or what you were going for there. You trying to say "a thinly"?

#2 I didn't say Cain is "only" getting a shot because he's Mexican. Being Mexican definitely isn't hurting him, considering the UFC wants to snatch Mexican fans from boxing.

#3 As far as the music for the commercial, yeah, that was deliberate I believe. IMO they secured a specific theme with the intent of attracting a certain audience. That's part of the job of music in that context.

And then there's this

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f2/uf...-fan-base-erik-perez-youtube-feature-2339079/

Nothing you've said, or are saying relates to the point of this thread.

Cain is top 5. Worst case, I could see overeem and jds koing him, cormier outwrestling him, and werdum winning a dec on the feet because Cain is afraid to go to the ground with him. Cain beats everyone else.

Not overrated but I don't see JDS having any problem beating Cain again.

Wins over , Kongo, Rothwell, Big Nog, Lesnar, and Bigfoot is a pretty impressive resume. Werdum, Mir, JDS, and Overeem are the only other HWs that would have a chance against Cain, and imo he beats them all including JDS in the rematch.

Why does everyone scream overrated when a top guy loses to the best in the division? That makes everyone overrated except for the champ right.... and even sometimes he's overrated?

There's not many other HW fighters out there you can put in front of Cain.

Back