Is the womens division proof that the UFC is monopolizing MMA?

Zuffa zombie spotted.

Yes the ufc is the premier org.

It doesnt mean it can do whatever it wants without real fans voicing their opinions.

I bet you think the ufc has never ever ever done anything wrong arent you.

Yeah, they gave you couture vs toney and you loved it...

And Strikeforce gave us a lot of good WMMA matches and got good ratings. Yet, when the UFC adds it, they're "a monopoly" for forcing it on us.

The UFC wouldn't be adding it if people didn't watch it.

So don't watch the WMMA matches if you don't like it.

And don't watch the UFC if you don't like it.

Problem solved.

Quit bitching.

If you're telling me that you never went on youtube to look at catfights, then i'm calling you a bullshit liar. It's basically watching (somewhat) attractive girls get in a scrap, nothing wrong with it. Most WMMA fights aren't even bad either, so why are you so against it?

You're acting like it's YOUR right to chose what fights are shown over MMA events and not the people who fucking own the organization or the broadcasting companys. Whiny bitch.

Ok i dont care about the womens division. I have no interest in watching it. And i'm sure most of the fans dont care about it either.

But it is now being forced down our throats with it being the main event.

Its obvious the ufc doesnt care about its viewers anymore. They know there are already zuffa zombies and people will tune into whatever they put out. Even giving someone a belt to make it a "championship" fight.

Seriously, i thought the sport would get even bigger and better, but its gotten inflated and less quality.

What the ef do you mean, 'shoved down our throats'. Don't watch it if you don't like it. Please don't watch it. For every one of you that don't, there wil be 5 new fans that will. UFC doesn't want fans like you.

Not that I speak for the UFC, but the UFC will be better off without close minded fans like you.

The sick part is if they put a midget division in, i wonder how many, "you dont like it, dont buy it " replies,

There is no talent in the division thats headlining. Thats what i mean by them giving us watever they want because nobody can stand up to them.

Instead of a stronger main event they give ronda. And these so called fans defend it.

No one watched Midget MMA fighting, why would Zuffa put that on any UFC card? They're putting women on the card because they lack alot of women viewers and men also enjoy it, you idiot.

They're on total different sides of the spectrum too, and you trying to rationalize why WMMA shouldn't be shown is just toooooo funny. you're making yourself seem like a retard, keep going.

The sick part is if they put a midget division in, i wonder how many, "you dont like it, dont buy it " replies,

There is no talent in the division thats headlining. Thats what i mean by them giving us watever they want because nobody can stand up to them.

Instead of a stronger main event they give ronda. And these so called fans defend it.

No surprise you havent responded to my first two comments but tell me this. How have you formed the opinion that there is no talent in womens BW division? No doubt its this forum and Dana. You're a joke.

And Strikeforce gave us a lot of good WMMA matches and got good ratings. Yet, when the UFC adds it, they're "a monopoly" for forcing it on us.

The UFC wouldn't be adding it if people didn't watch it.

No, they did it becaus ronda got popular from another org that theg bought out.

Before ufc didnt have any women so dana was totally against the idea of a womens division.

Then they buyout strikeforce that had a strong womens division and now suddenly dana is all about the womens division.

And if u recall, the lack of talent wasnt the reason why dana didnt want womens mma. He said "women are pretty, nobody wants to see them fight"

Then now he's all over this ronda train.

You know why, because its cheap and easy money for him.

[QUOTE="Rush";77653319]As for the monopoly....

There was an all female event on Decemeber 15th and theres another on January 5, so yeah, you dont have a clue what you're talking about.[/QUOTE]

Wait. What all female event was on December 15th?

Before ufc didnt have any women so dana was totally against the idea of a womens division.

Then they buyout strikeforce that had a strong womens division and now suddenly dana is all about the womens division.

And if u recall, the lack of talent wasnt the reason why dana didnt want womens mma. He said "women are pretty, nobody wants to see them fight"

This may come as a shock, but the UFC's sole reason for existance is to make money.

WHO THE FUCK CARES? The UFC is a business, fuck head. They are ment to make money, and if WMMA makes them money they have EVERY RIGHT to showcase it.

Also, I see nothing wrong with him utilizing a devision that was built by an organization THEY BOUGHT rather than building the organization himself. It's not going too well for the 125 lb so it makes sense to do it this way.

waaa waaaaaaaaa waaa.

Simple solution. Don't buy it. If the women's division doesn't pull good numbers, it will go away. If it does do good numbers and stays........... well, tough shit. Go make a sandwich, grab a smoke, or get a refill during their fights.

Quit bitching.

If you're telling me that you never went on youtube to look at catfights, then i'm calling you a bullshit liar. It's basically watching (somewhat) attractive girls get in a scrap, nothing wrong with it. Most WMMA fights aren't even bad either, so why are you so against it?

You're acting like it's YOUR right to chose what fights are shown over MMA events and not the people who fucking own the organization or the broadcasting companys. Whiny bitch.

Haha so watching cat fights is the same as watchin mma? Ok

And i do have an opinion as i am a paying customer. Whether the org or broadcast company agrees thats up to them.

I find it funny that when someone has an opinion on something than its whining.

I guess all movie critics are whiney and should shut up too huh.

I pay for it, i get to say what i want. I'm just like the booing fans that you zuffa zombies defend so much.

I'm booing the womens division. Get it zuffa zombie?

[QUOTE="Rush";77653603]No surprise you havent responded to my first two comments but tell me this. How have you formed the opinion that there is no talent in womens BW division? No doubt its this forum and Dana. [/QUOTE]

There's more talent at W135 than M125.

Ok i dont care about the womens division. I have no interest in watching it. And i'm sure most of the fans dont care about it either.

But it is now being forced down our throats with it being the main event.

Its obvious the ufc doesnt care about its viewers anymore. They know there are already zuffa zombies and people will tune into whatever they put out. Even giving someone a belt to make it a "championship" fight.

Seriously, i thought the sport would get even bigger and better, but its gotten inflated and less quality.

you really haven't thought this through, have you.

Haha so watching cat fights is the same as watchin mma? Ok

And i do have an opinion as i am a paying customer. Whether the org or broadcast company agrees thats up to them.

I find it funny that when someone has an opinion on something than its whining.

I guess all movie critics are whiney and should shut up too huh.

I pay for it, i get to say what i want. I'm just like the booing fans that you zuffa zombies defend so much.

I'm booing the womens division. Get it zuffa zombie?

Alright now i'm sure you're trolling.

No one is forcing you to buy this card. You aren't a "paying customer" if you chose not to be. If you don't like this card, don't buy it. Either way you have no say in it.

Buy = you obviously like the card enough to spend $50 on it so stfu

Didn't buy = your opinion is shit.

Dana White also said Overeem fought nobodies when he wasn't in the UFC. What does he think of him now?

And I reiterate, if nobody watched WMMA, the UFC wouldn't be adding it.

Accept that and move on.

Dana's gonna Dana. Like the other guys said, UFC is a business, first and foremost.

They have this asset called WMMA now and they'd be fools to not try to promote it as much as they can. If you really want WMMA to die, then don't buy the PPV or any card with WMMA on it. That's how us consumers vote on these matters, with our pocketbooks.

I am calling you out. Go find the article or video where he said what you posted and provide a link.

Do it. Provide a link.

Every time I heard him say anything on it, he said the divisions weren't deep enough to be in the UFC. I believe that's true, but RR is such a star, they are getting her under contract and will build the division around her.

He might have said something like some men don't like to see women get hit.

i care for female mma and a lot of mma fans care too. if you dont like then dont watch it

I think you are in the minority, but it doesn't matter.

Other than Rousey, the division is so small that I'm betting an extremely high percentage (I'm guessing 80%+) will be relegated to Facebook & undercard fights, with a very small percentage of those on numbered PPVs. I'm guessing this first Rousey fight will be the only PPV main event with a women in 2013. If Rousey fights a second time in 2013 it will be a PPV co-main event, or perhaps more likely headlining a televised event.

The thing is, the UFC is basically using this as a bonus fight anyways. There are 13 fights booked for UFC 157 - I don't remember the last time we saw that many fights on a card (if ever). Most PPVs have had 10-12 fights I believe.

They have tried their best to stack this card, without putting a current champion behind Rousey. You have 13 fights, and a lot of big names on the card. Not to mention a heavyweight bout (Schaub / Johnson) that's probably going to involve somebody getting their head knocked off, and other exciting & well known guys like Faber, Stout, Koscheck, etc. They are simply making it as hard as possible for the nay-sayers (yes - like me) to not order this card.

The UFC will strategically place the women's fights around a slew of good match-ups, so in that sense I can understand people saying it's being "shoved down my throat". If I've already paid for the card I'm probably not going to turn off the main event, no matter how dis-interested I am. If you watch every UFC promotion, ultimate insider, every Dana blog, visit every MMA forum, etc, then yes, you're probably being drowned in women's UFC MMA news, but that's your own fault.

Back