Is the womens division proof that the UFC is monopolizing MMA?

DVN**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ok i dont care about the womens division. I have no interest in watching it. And i'm sure most of the fans dont care about it either.

But it is now being forced down our throats with it being the main event.

Its obvious the ufc doesnt care about its viewers anymore. They know there are already zuffa zombies and people will tune into whatever they put out. Even giving someone a belt to make it a "championship" fight.

Seriously, i thought the sport would get even bigger and better, but its gotten inflated and less quality.

better call TS the whaambulance.

images

Its one fight on a card. Get a grip.

Not till they get the midget and special needs divisions under their control.

What does the UFC having a women's division have to do with monopoliztion? The other orgs that do mma fighting generally have women's fights too.

Also for the people who are so "pro-wmma"

What is the logic behind a division with 1 or 2 names and the rest unknowns.

There just isnt any talent to have their own division.

Dana is cashing in and trying to not look like a chauvinistic pig. He was totally against womens mma before. But now sees a cheap cash cow in a womens division. Something to feed the zuffa zombies.

I see you guys are eating it up.

How bout a junior mma division? 12-14 yr olds and 15-17 yr olds?

How about a senior division of 65+ yr olds going at it. I mean all you would need is 2 names to start a division, hell crown dan severn initial champ.

Look up the definition of "monopoly" to get your answer. I'm certain the UFC adding a women's division has anything to do with it.

Its one fight on a card. Get a grip.

You think the women division will go away? No you'll get a no-name lady fighting every few cards.

Look at strikeforce, they went years in the womens division and didnt make any waves. SF started a few events and already had the ufcs attention.

Thanks for all this inside knowledge about how all MMA fans think and feel TS

You think the women division will go away? No you'll get a no-name lady fighting every few cards.

Look at strikeforce, they went years in the womens division and didnt make any waves. SF started a few events and already had the ufcs attention.

Oh waves were made.

Gina-Carano1.jpg

What does the UFC having a women's division have to do with monopoliztion? The other orgs that do mma fighting generally have women's fights too.

They have womens divisions because they lack talent and women make generally less money.

What we dont want is a womens division hogging up space for good male fighters.

I think TS doesn't understand the term monopoly.

Re-reading his original post, I'd be inclined to agree with you. Going by the thread title I thought he was talking about UFC buying up all the female talent and taking over WMMA.

Which is, I suspect, what they'll be doing if all goes well with Ronda.

His post though distanced himself from his thread title, and they actually are two separate points entirely.

Pride, WEC and Strikeforce were not enough.. They'll take the biggest star in a division they didn't even want. They have has a near monopoly for years now. My main issue with MMA for quite some time. Makes the whole MMA landscape dramatically less interesting, and is probably hurting UFC more than its been helping. I miss other organizations

Wait till they start scoring FOTN bonuses. Sherdoggers will really have to hit the fainting couches.

You know what's the interesting part? The women fights were better than a lot of the men's on the same cards.

Women's MMA fan viewership is on the rise so if anything, it's proof they know where the money is.

Back