Is the womens division proof that the UFC is monopolizing MMA?

Look up the definition of "monopoly" to get your answer. I'm certain the UFC adding a women's division has anything to do with it.

Yes it does. They pretty much buyout whatever competition and now own so much they can pay fighters crap and give the paying fans a womens division.

Think about it, if rouseys fight wasnt there. We would get to see another main event.

I care more about the women's 125 pound division than the men's. Dieting to 125 pounds is not healthy for any man.

Yes it does. They pretty much buyout whatever competition and now own so much they can pay fighters crap and give the paying fans a womens division.

Then you didn't look up the definition of monopoly if that's your definition.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL!

WMMA in UFC has potential
and i dont think TS knows what the meaning of monopoly is

go the fuck out with the "you zuffa zombies" crap. yeah, UFC is MMA, deal with it.

Then you didn't look up the definition of monopoly if that's your definition.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL!

The womens division is just 1 point that i am making.

Seriously, wtf women fighting?
They arent athletic and look sloppy.

We need a youth division, senior division, midget division, and wheel chair division too then. They probably have same amount of talent.

Also for the people who are so "pro-wmma"

What is the logic behind a division with 1 or 2 names and the rest unknowns.

There just isnt any talent to have their own division.

Dana is cashing in and trying to not look like a chauvinistic pig. He was totally against womens mma before. But now sees a cheap cash cow in a womens division. Something to feed the zuffa zombies.

I see you guys are eating it up.

How bout a junior mma division? 12-14 yr olds and 15-17 yr olds?

How about a senior division of 65+ yr olds going at it. I mean all you would need is 2 names to start a division, hell crown dan severn initial champ.

You said you have no interest in watching womens mma so im going to assume you dont follow it.

How do you know there isn't talent there when you dont watch? You take Dana's word for it? Dana knows jack shit about the talent of mens mma outside the ufc let-a-lone the women. Typical opinion of the haters on here.

I don't think it's a "monopoly", but the whole thing blows my mind. I don't think the majority of fans are interested by it, and that includes people who orders 1-2 PPVs/year, and those who orders every single PPV, regardless of the matchups. There's that now-infamous video clip of Dana saying "women will never fight in the UFC", and for some reason I actually believed him at the time. I haven't heard an explanation from Dana as to why he completely changed his mind, but I doubt it's worth hearing anyway. Probably something along the lines of "the fans wanted it..., etc, etc".

That being said, if the UFC gains in the women's viewership demographics in 2013 - they will attribute it to this. If 2013 is a down year for PPV buys/ticket sales, it will be attributed to an overall decline in the sport, more events in a year, a down economy, etc.

I am against this division as much as the next "hater", but I am not going to stop watching the UFC. I am going to order (or go out with friends) to the cards that I think are worth spending money on, just as I did this year, last year, and the year before that. If there's a women fight on the card, then so be it. However, I don't ever see myself being on the fence with a card, and then saying "well Dana did add Rousey to the card, and boy is it gonna be be a barn burner -- I better order now!".

No matter how small the women's MMA market is, it's a market that the UFC now owns. People aren't going to stop watching the UFC because of it. It's not as if it's a "gamble" for the UFC.

its not being forced down your throat unless you are buying the PPV. even then you made a choice. either watch it or dont but quit whining like a little kid that didnt get their way

I care more about the women's 125 pound division than the men's. Dieting to 125 pounds is not healthy for any man.

125 lbs is fine if you're 5'4. I guess you could argue that no man should be 5'4. :p

i care for female mma and a lot of mma fans care too. if you dont like then dont watch it

What in saying is this is just the beginning.

You will see more and more watered down cards especially with women.

I love mma so much, i am complaining about where the sport is headed. As a fan are we suppose to just sit there and shut up when the sport we love is headed in the wrong direction?

Thats what i dont understand about it. Its the fans that made the sport popular. Dana white and the ufc didnt create mma. They just took it over.

Well that

Ok i dont care about the womens division. I have no interest in watching it. And i'm sure most of the fans dont care about it either.

But it is now being forced down our throats with it being the main event.

Its obvious the ufc doesnt care about its viewers anymore. They know there are already zuffa zombies and people will tune into whatever they put out. Even giving someone a belt to make it a "championship" fight.

Seriously, i thought the sport would get even bigger and better, but its gotten inflated and less quality.

They didn't give a crap about women's mma until one of its fighters started getting attention from these "viewers" and then they made the entire division around her. That's pretty much the opposite reason of what you're saying.

go the fuck out with the "you zuffa zombies" crap. yeah, UFC is MMA, deal with it.

Zuffa zombie spotted.

Yes the ufc is the premier org.

It doesnt mean it can do whatever it wants without real fans voicing their opinions.

I bet you think the ufc has never ever ever done anything wrong arent you.

Yeah, they gave you couture vs toney and you loved it...

As for the monopoly....

There was an all female event on Decemeber 15th and theres another on January 5, so yeah, you dont have a clue what you're talking about.

What did i assume that was wrong?

From reading this forum, most fans dont care about the womens division and are against it.

From reading this forum you can conclude a small number of loud whiny people on this forum are against it. Notice the white belts posting all of a sudden- the division brought a bunch of new fans on-line. More importantly, there are a lot of long time posters who are actively interested in women in mma and other posters who are treating it like any other new product- they're not actively against it, they just don't know enough to form an opinion yet. You can't expect people to like women in the UFC before there are any women in the UFC.

The sick part is if they put a midget division in, i wonder how many, "you dont like it, dont buy it " replies,

There is no talent in the division thats headlining. Thats what i mean by them giving us watever they want because nobody can stand up to them.

Instead of a stronger main event they give ronda. And these so called fans defend it.

Back