Is the womens division proof that the UFC is monopolizing MMA?

What the ef do you mean, 'shoved down our throats'. Don't watch it if you don't like it. Please don't watch it. For every one of you that don't, there wil be 5 new fans that will. UFC doesn't want fans like you.

Not that I speak for the UFC, but the UFC will be better off without close minded fans like you.

No the sport needs fans like me.

What it doesnt need are zombies barking back whatever it gives them.

How do you feel about a midget division or a senior division?

I remember you zuffa zombies saying strikeforce sucks, and that nobody cares about a womens division. Now the SF stars are in the ufc and the womens division and you are all over it.

Im booing this womens division like those payin fans are booing the ground game.

WHO THE FUCK CARES? The UFC is a business, fuck head. They are ment to make money, and if WMMA makes them money they have EVERY RIGHT to showcase it.

Also, I see nothing wrong with him utilizing a devision that was built by an organization THEY BOUGHT rather than building the organization himself. It's not going too well for the 125 lb so it makes sense to do it this way.

waaa waaaaaaaaa waaa.

Yes their purpose is to make money.

If you are happy to pay money for crap then go ahead.

I will fight for what I want and not bend over and take it in the ass like you guys.

Zuffa Zombies wtf are you on? We are the people that supported womens mma before they just brought it in, you noob.

I am calling you out. Go find the article or video where he said what you posted and provide a link.

Do it. Provide a link.

Every time I heard him say anything on it, he said the divisions weren't deep enough to be in the UFC. I believe that's true, but RR is such a star, they are getting her under contract and will build the division around her.

He might have said something like some men don't like to see women get hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4X6cUOQv6w

That's about as straight-forward and absolute as he could have been.

As I said in one of my earlier posts, no matter how small the market is, the UFC now owns a significant portion of it. They will gobble up all the talent from the remaining organizations that have women fighters.

WMMA is lame and I will not pay for it. It sucks that a night of good fights has to be interrupted for a couple of girls slapping each other. I will be pissed if there is a womens fight on every card from now on and especially if they get Fight/Submission/KO of the Night. Having a men's 125lbs weight class is stupid too.

Simple solution. Don't buy it. If the women's division doesn't pull good numbers, it will go away. If it does do good numbers and stays........... well, tough shit. Go make a sandwich, grab a smoke, or get a refill during their fights.

Theres no telling if it does well or not because it will be on cards with male fighters.

Zuffa will just put it out there until people just accept it.

Look at it getting main event status, and giving ronda the belt.

TS-
You do realize that with this being the main event it's actually one of the easiest ways NOT to watch the fight? Hardly forcing it down our throats. Watch the prelims online or FX and then the PPV and don't watch Rousey v. Caramouche. Go to sleep, hit the bar, do whatever but you don't have to watch it because it's the last fight.
-Goat

it def shows their power that they can do something like this

with that said, rousey does get a lot of attention, not sure if she can sell ppv seats, but wse'll see what the ufc can do with her

I am calling you out. Go find the article or video where he said what you posted and provide a link.

Do it. Provide a link.

Every time I heard him say anything on it, he said the divisions weren't deep enough to be in the UFC. I believe that's true, but RR is such a star, they are getting her under contract and will build the division around her.

He might have said something like some men don't like to see women get hit.

You just got owned with that link.

Yes their purpose is to make money.

If you are happy to pay money for crap then go ahead.

I will fight for what I want and not bend over and take it in the ass like you guys.

Women's MMA = crap--that's your opinion.

The ratings for WMMA in SF tells a different story. A story that your opinion is most likely in the minority amonst MMA fans.

But hey, if the rest of us are wrong, and WMMA fails and drags the UFC down, feel free to bump this thread when/if that happens.

WMMA is lame and I will not pay for it. It sucks that a night of good fights has to be interrupted for a couple of girls slapping each other. I will be pissed if there is a womens fight on every card from now on and especially if they get Fight/Submission/KO of the Night. Having a men's 125lbs weight class is stupid too.

You realize the UFC has done everything by design, right?

They have stacked this card so people who are thinking exactly like you still order the card. They are making it as difficult as possible for the haters to not order.

Also, this card is not "interrupted". It's the last fight on a card with 13 fights. Turn the TV off after fight #12 - you're still getting your money's worth. I don't ever remember a card with 13 fights. 10-12 seems to be the norm for a numbered PPV event. This is essentially a free bonus fight.

This is coming from a guy who isn't interested in the division at all.

I disagree with everything you've said and your existence in general TS.

No the sport needs fans like me.

Please expand on why the UFC needs you. Because I'm pretty sure that if you quit buying PPVs due to their women's division, they'll go right on making billions without batting an eyelash. They have determined that adding the division will add more viewers than it loses. So in other words, they've thought about folks like you, and they've decided that they don't care if you don't like this change.

What it doesnt need are zombies barking back whatever it gives them.

Actually, I think they're perfectly happy producing their product and taking money from whoever is willing to give it to them. If you don't like it, you don't have to watch.

How do you feel about a midget division or a senior division?

Show me some midgets that can put on a compelling fight, and that fans will pay big money to see it, and I'm sure you could get their attention. All I really care about is that the fights are entertaining, and a contest of athleticism and technical skill between evenly matched opponents. WMMA fits the bill perfectly.

As far as seniors, I wouldn't mind seeing it at all. There are more and more people coming into the martial arts and even MMA later in life. I don't think it's necessarily good for folks like Liddell or Couture, but something like that could be great for folks who didn't start competing until their 30s or 40s. Grappling tournaments already do this. So again, if you can show me it would produce compelling matches, I say why not??

I remember you zuffa zombies saying strikeforce sucks, and that nobody cares about a womens division. Now the SF stars are in the ufc and the womens division and you are all over it.

The UFC is and will probably always be the elite promotion in MMA. Most of the fighters in other organizations simply aren't up to their standard. Sometimes a guy comes up and proves people wrong, and so they bring him into the UFC. It's like saying minor league baseball sucks compared to the majors...sometimes a guy comes out of the minors and becomes a great big leaguer. That doesn't mean that the minors are just as good as the majors.

Im booing this womens division like those payin fans are booing the ground game.

So by your logic, there should be no ground game either?? Seriously kid, go paint "just bleed" on your chest and leave the discussion on MMA to folks who know what they're talking about.

Also for the people who are so "pro-wmma"

What is the logic behind a division with 1 or 2 names and the rest unknowns.

There just isnt any talent to have their own division.

Dana is cashing in and trying to not look like a chauvinistic pig. He was totally against womens mma before. But now sees a cheap cash cow in a womens division. Something to feed the zuffa zombies.

I see you guys are eating it up.

How bout a junior mma division? 12-14 yr olds and 15-17 yr olds?

How about a senior division of 65+ yr olds going at it. I mean all you would need is 2 names to start a division, hell crown dan severn initial champ.

The UFC is diversifying their product and giving women's mma the push it so desperately needs (and deserves). I don't see what your issue is, or why you're so emotionally invested in the UFC's failure. Do you understand what monopolies are? Why on earth do you think junior mma is even plausible under the ufc? You must be one of the dumbest people I've seen on this forum, and that says a shit-ton. Plus, it sounds like you're arguing against women's mma with the "slippery slope" argument. Junior mma, senior division, seriously go fuck yourself troll.

There is no restricting of trade in MMA.

There is no monopoly if anyone is still free to start their own company.

Theres no telling if it does well or not because it will be on cards with male fighters.

Zuffa will just put it out there until people just accept it.

Look at it getting main event status, and giving ronda the belt.

Sure there is. Shitty main events in the past have caused PPV's to do shit numbers, even with an all male card. So if this one does shit numbers, it is safe to say nobody (including me), really gives a crap about WMMA. If it does do good numbers, the UFC may be on to something, and they will always cater to what the majority will buy.

Yes, an agrument could be made that people will tune in for Hendo/Machida. Simple solution. Compare the Rousey/Carmouche event numbers to what guys like Hendo/Machida usually draw and that should give an opening idea of how popular it is. After a few events you'll have your answer.

If people do like it and it stays, but you feel it isn't worth your money to watch, then don't buy it. Stream it for the fights you want to see. Problem solved.

I don't like Coca-Cola. I feel it's formula isn't sweet enough for me. I don't complain to Coke to change their formula to cater to me, the minority, I just don't buy their product.

it shows they are doing something they think the fans want. that's what drives their decisions, not just doing things to spite their fans. the more people want to buy their events, the more buys they get. duh. the notion that they do things spite their fan base is ridiculous. wmma is here because they THINK there is demand for it. if the demand is not there, it will backfire and they will make less money. and they don't want that, obviously.

So would you rather have:
A UFC card stacked with male fighters and a WMMA match as the headliner.

or

A UFC card with a great main event but all other fights are watered down?

So would you rather have:
A UFC card stacked with male fighters and a WMMA match as the headliner.

or

A UFC card with a great main event but all other fights are watered down?

I would hope for a stacked card with a woman headliner that fails miserably so they never do another wmma match again.

I wish MMA would get fans that cared about the actual sport and not the size or gender of the participants.

Back