• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is riding your bike on the sidewalk bad manners?

I'm too scared to ride a bike on the road. lol So I go on the sidewalk or bike pathway.

When I grew up, if you ride in the street cars would try to hit you. I hate this day of bikes on the road pretending they are cars. If there's no shoulder to ride on then it should be illegal

Plus it's bullshit that I have to give you 3 feet. That means I have to drive in oncoming traffic to get around you. Fuck that. anybody familiar with Highway 2 would probably agree

Also depends on how busy the sidewalk is. I used to ride on a few certain sidewalks in the city I lived in. But the sidewalks were usually pretty empty. But it was my responsibility to stay out of the pedestrians way since they are supposed to be there.

In my neighborhood we have bike lane so I ride on those, but there is also a major road that is 45, but people fly on it like it it's the highway so I ride on the sidewalk. I will move into the grass if I am coming up on people walking though.

Whats really annoying is because of covid people started walking and jogging in the bike lane. Now I have to fucking check to see if a car is coming because some retard listening to their music doesn't realize a biker is coming up on them as they plot their fatass down the bike lane.

Bicyclists want all the benefits and privileges of pedestrians and motorists with the drawbacks and responsibilities of neither.
Yeah. But his is why they piss everyone off. They want to be able to pull in front of you in traffic at a light, then take an entire minute to cross the intersection once it’s green. But then they don’t want to have to get behind you in a right hand turn lane if you are clearly ahead of them and signaling. They’d rather ride up along side you, almost getting hit, then claim you didn’t see them. Nor do they want to obey stop signs of you pulled up first, and they are supposed to give you the right of way. Shit is annoying.

Sounds like a lotta posters know they can’t pull off Lycra look & are raging because of it

Bicyclists want all the benefits and privileges of pedestrians and motorists with the drawbacks and responsibilities of neither.

Amen, they're the sailboaters of the land...entitled motherfuckers.

90% of cyclists act like sociopaths, whether on a road or a path.

The American hatred of bicycles on roads is mad.

Where does it come from?

It's not like your roads are so narrow you can't pass em like here in blighty.

I ride on the sidewalk all the time. But I switch to the street if there are people walking.

I believe they have more right to the sidewalk than I do.

Here we have bike lanes almost everywhere, but failing that I will ride on the street. Bicycles can also use the bus lanes here unless there are signs explicitly stating otherwise.

my family and i ride on sidewalks often but we go slow and extremely slow when we encounter people.

im just not willing to have my 10 year old daughter in bike lanes in certain areas.

Not sure if it’s the same everywhere but generally bikes are supposed to be in the street, even if there’s no bike lane

Back