Is Raquel Penningtons "Rocky" nickname the most disgraceful since Sam Stout?

Raquel “Blocky” Pennington

Rocky Marciano was real. There is little doubt the character was named after him and the other boxers who also went by the name Rocky were inspired by his nickname.

Last edited:
Georges went to decision only 3 times in his first 15 fights. Also wasnt the nickname after some Canadian band?

What does his number of finishes versus low level fighters have to do with the "Rush" nickname?

What does his number of finishes versus low level fighters have to do with the "Rush" nickname?

Well I googled it and

Elie: How did you get the nickname 'Rush'?

GSP: I got the nickname “Rush” because in the beginning of my career I used to beat my opponents all in the first round.

Well I googled it and

Elie: How did you get the nickname 'Rush'?

GSP: I got the nickname “Rush” because in the beginning of my career I used to beat my opponents all in the first round.

Okay. "Rush" to finish I see. lol.

Then he forgot to change his nickname to "No Rush" where he finished almost no opponents with point fighting.

Club fighting journeymen don't face the reigning HW champion twice... then go off to avenge his death against a Russian boxer with a 1000 psionic punch.
She faced the 145 lb champion. Real life Chuck Wepner only faced Ali and didn't make it out as well.

pretty sure rocky is short for Raquel.

pretty sure rocky could beat your ass.

Personally, I am completely content with two of my favorite WMMA fighters having hooked up together.
Pennington is a mediocre fighter, always looks out of shape and dresses like a 12yo boy.

Stout Hands of Marshmellow nicknamed himself Hands of Stone off the legendary Roberto Duran.

Rocky isnt real but hes still an iconic figure that stood for something with worldwide recognition. Raquel is not good and i dont think shes ever knocked anyone out or had a comeback arc
Well, there were a few badass Rockys in the past in boxing. Not sure if she knows it though. Hahaha.

Your thread title and topic got me laughing. Yes, you are right, her nickname is as disgraceful/bad as Sam’s was.

Then it should be just a Rock. Because Rocky takes just as long to say as Racquel. It makes no sense.

Also please never give her another title shot, ffs. Better yet can we just get rid of WMMA as a whole while we’re at it? Not just UFC.
It’s a pet name. It doesn’t need to be shorter.

Back