Is McGregor's striking better than Pettis's?

Conor definitely has better hands, and Pettis definitely has better kicks. Personally I believe Conor puts his striking and overall movement together better. He just gets the other guy playing the game he wants better in my opinion, but I wouldn't be upset if someone said it was even.

Just shows he can be KO'd, I just saw you in another thread spewing your hate around, if you don't like Conor don't watch him.
Shows Conor can be dominated on the ground. I saw you in this thread being a tard.

Shows Conor can be dominated on the ground. I saw you in this thread being a tard.
You can learn to defend a submission, you can't teach somebody a better chin, and you call me a tard. You're such an apologist it's not even funny, people like you just have no sense. Haters like yourself will never find happiness in life.

You can learn to defend a submission, you can't teach somebody a better chin, and you call me a tard. You're such an apologist it's not even funny, people like you just have no sense. Haters like yourself will never find happiness in life.
You can learn defense, lateral movement and head movement just like you can learn submission defense you clueless newb. Conor's guard still sucks today like it sucked back then. Mendes was just too gassed to finish that guillotine.

You are clearly out of your league speaking to me. You don't even rate to lace my boots.

You can learn defense, lateral movement and head movement just like you can learn submission defense you clueless newb. Conor's guard still sucks today like it sucked back then. Mendes was just too gassed to finish that guillotine.

You are clearly out of your league speaking to me. You don't even rate to lace my boots.
You're clearly a troll, I didn't say you can't learn all those things so don't change the subject, you can't learn how to have a better chin, you're narcissistic attitude is probably what got your multiple other accounts banned and your new one yellow carded already, like I said before, people like you who feel hate & rage for somebody you don't even know will never find happiness in life.

OMG, I don't even know where the hell to start with you. You went to say that McNuts has the advantage on the feet, which is highly questionable, then YOU REALIZED THAT YOU MADE A FUCKING POST IN A MMA FORUM AND SAID "Obviously anyone's striking is neutralized on the ground".

You are finally starting to get it. This is MMA. Let me tell you a little secret about the current crop of UFC champions.

Fact-best strikers are not champs in their division

Fact-best wrestlers are not champs in their division

Fact-Best MMA fighters ARE champs in their division

Dude, you sound like a psychopath. Read the original post and re-read my post. The point is comparing their striking. Pettis has gotten his shit pushed in by an aggressive brawler long before the fight went to the ground. Is that how you want me to put it? Fucking nuthugger.

I reckon his striking matches up better against RDA's foreward pressing style... One needs good hands and distance control for that type of agressiveness. That's when relying on kicks goes out the window. Pettis may be better vs an outside fighter or counterpuncher.
Pettis is a better outside fighter for sure. He is absolutely not a better counterpuncher than Conor.

The fact is, both of them are great strikers, but Pettis needs space to implement his kicking game and his hands are OK but lack stopping power. This means when he is pressured hard he can be smothered on the feet. Conor has reasonable kicks, but they aren't his primary weapon, he uses them to be unpredictable and to maintain distance rather than to finish fights. Obviously Conor's hands are lethal.

I think Conor's striking is slightly better overall, but his defence is not as good as Pettis'.

Pettis is starting to look overrated with his two fights against Alvarez and RDA. McGregor hasn't faced any adversity yet in the striking department so it's hard to say but I'd pick McGregor due to how much more dangerous he's looked with his first round finishes

Absolutely. Mcgregor's efficiency on the feet is second to none in the game. Pettis is flashy and he has stopping power with his kicks but he does not have Conor's striking IQ. Pettis does not control the distance better, he lets others take the center on the octagon, etc...

Yes Mcgregor is the better striker. He is the better boxer, has better footwork with solid kicks but not KO kicks. Pettis is like the opposite. He has poor boxing but awesome kicks. However, Mcgregor is the better MMA striker. Its easier for him to keep opponents in his range than it is for Pettis. Pettis can be jammed up by an aggressive approach.

Agreed. Conor is better at controlling the range and he's also effective at more ranges. He has the tools to hurt opponents whether they're on the outside, the pocket, or in close, he's dangerous at all ranges. Pettis is great on the outside but his effectiveness goes down the shitter as the range is closed, Melendez, RDA, and Alvarez were all able to crowd him and take away a lot of his effectiveness. Pettis is also not that great at range control, his footwork & awareness is a bit lacking, he often doesn't circle out in time and gets caught on the fence or finds himself exchanging in tight where he doesn't want to be.

Conor does his best work in the pocket and he consistently gets to that range where he puts people away. He'll suck guys into counters, pressure them into that range, and walk them right into that left hand. He knows where his bread is buttered and has a very effective system of setting up his money punch.

Seems unlikely. I'd say its a fair assumption that Pettis has better grappling also.
Conor has more diversity in his striking and more power. Pettis is a purple belt I believe in BJJ, he's nothing real crazy in the grappling department.

You mean Mendes (obviously) who took the fight on short notice, was visibly gassed halfway through the first round, and still managed to land 60% of his takedowns against Connor, completely wrestlefucked him, and was likely winning both rounds before he went for the sub? That Mendes?
Mendes lost every exchange on the feet, you mean that Mendes?

You mean Mendes (obviously) who took the fight on short notice, was visibly gassed halfway through the first round, and still managed to land 60% of his takedowns against Connor, completely wrestlefucked him, and was likely winning both rounds before he went for the sub? That Mendes?

I love this crap people will never let this go even when Conor wins the 170 belt people will bring up mendes.

Back