Is McGregor's striking better than Pettis's?

McGregor is a harder hitter has way better boxing and can counterpunch a lot more effectively.

Pettis may have an advantage with kicks, but there so different it's hard to compare.

Okay fucktard, onto the ignore list you go. I don't have time nor a care in the world to argue with teenage losers today.
I knew it, you always block me for calling you out on your stupidity LOL.
Looks like his chin is gone IMO.
Haven't seen chad get rocked so easily before, he was TKO'd by Conor and fought way to early

good question, would have to see them fight to really find out, all speculation at this point, but i'd side with conor mcgregor, a very good striker

He got starched by the current champ & just came off a gift decision to Masvidal at 170.

MMA math always works. Serious question: Do you honestly believe Conor is a more well rounded mma fighter than Pettis?

We'll never know, Mendes took the fight and said he was good to go, you shouldn't blame Conor for his opponent being incompetent.
Certainly, but I AM blaming his fans for acting like because he beat two week Mendes after being countered on the feet multiple times and also taken down and smothered for the better part of two rounds and had to ask the ref for standup a before Mendes gassed that no wrestler or anyone for that matter can even touch Conor. The most delusional fanbase in Sherdog history.

If they were honestly impressed with the Mendes fight, they're blind as fuck. That fight told a whole lot about McGregor. Asking for standups from the ref while he's steadily eating shots and getting opened up? What kind of heart is that? That showed me how Conor will deal with adversity when he's faced with someone who values position over submission like RDA.

The dude is very very beatable. In fact, I'll go so far as to say he has as clear of a blueprint out there to beat him as Ronda Rousey did before her loss to Holly. Huge glaring weaknesses. They're about to be exposed by this monster he's fighting in 17 days.

Last edited:
Certainly, but I AM blaming his fans for acting like because he beat two week Mendes after being countered on the feet multiple times and also taken down and smothered for the better part of two rounds and had to ask the ref for standup a before Mendes gassed that no wrestler or anyone for that matter can even touch Conor. The most delusional fanbase in Sherdog history. If they were honestly impressed with the Mendes fight, they're blind as fuck. That fight told a whole lot about McGregor.

The dude is very very beatable. In fact, I'll go so far as to say he has as clear of a blueprint out there to beat him as Ronda Rousey did before her loss to Holly. Huge glaring weaknesses. They're about to be exposed by this monster he's fighting in 17 days.
Okay fair enough but if you mention Conor talking to the ref you also have to mention Mendes bitching to the ref when Conor elbowed him and the eye gouge whether it was intentional or accidental.
FastLegitimateKingbird-size_restricted.gif

Conor hits a lot harder, has better counters and in general a much better boxer than Pettis.

Pettis may be a bit flashier with the kicks, but Conor's striking is much more effective and functional.

Okay fair enough but if you mention Conor talking to the ref you also have to mention Mendes bitching to the ref when Conor elbowed him and the eye gouge whether it was intentional or accidental.
FastLegitimateKingbird-size_restricted.gif
Some of Conor's elbows were illegal 6 to 12 elbow shots. That's what Mendes was complaining about. I can't defend the eye take though. Either way, Conor was whining like a bitch for a standup before all of that. He couldn't do shit until Mendes gassed and went for a tired guillotine and lost position.

If you put RDA in that same position in the gif you posted that Chad is in, he would pass guard like butter and either take half guard or work for full mount and dog fuck Conor's consciencness away from him. He'd think he got fucked by a choo choo train.

No matter how you slice it, THIS is not a good look for Conor going into a fight with RDA.

I reckon his striking matches up better against RDA's foreward pressing style... One needs good hands and distance control for that type of agressiveness. That's when relying on kicks goes out the window. Pettis may be better vs an outside fighter or counterpuncher.

McGregor would put Pettis in a casket.

Some of Conor's elbows were illegal 6 to 12 elbow shots. That's what Mendes was complaining about. I can't defend the eye take though. Either way, Conor was whining like a bitch for a standup before all of that. He couldn't do shit until Mendes gassed and went for a tired guillotine and lost position.

If you put RDA in that same position in the gif you posted that Chad is in, he would pass guard like butter and either take half guard or work for full mount and dog fuck Conor's consciencness away from him. He'd think he got fucked by a choo choo train.
Well if you put Conor in this position then RDA will get KO'd again. You want to acknowledge Conors history but not RDA's.
ESP51KP.gif

Worst post of the day, McG in a different league his kicks are not that far behind either.

Well if you put Conor in this position then RDA will get KO'd again. You want to acknowledge Conors history but not RDA's.
ESP51KP.gif
Okay I'm getting newb alerts with you, lol. Fucking newb, that's not RDA being KO'd. And Conor definitely doesn't throw kicks like Jeremy Stephens. Two totally different fighters.

Also, RDA's back won't be against the fence. Go find me an RDA fight over the last few years that's not Khabib, where he was the one against the cage looking for counters......... I'll wait.

woops, my bad. What's the excuse for this one?
zn0mty.gif
Definitely a newb. A seven year old fight is relevant today how? This exposes to me that you're a moron. Ironically Conor's last submission loss is more relevant because it happened more recently than this KO.

Definitely a newb. A seven year old fight is relevant today how? This exposes to me that you're a moron. Ironically Conor's last submission loss is more relevant because it happened more recently than this KO.
Just shows he can be KO'd, I just saw you in another thread spewing your hate around, if you don't like Conor don't watch him.

Back