Is McGregor's striking better than Pettis's?

You mean Mendes (obviously) who took the fight on short notice, was visibly gassed halfway through the first round, and still managed to land 60% of his takedowns against Connor, completely wrestlefucked him, and was likely winning both rounds before he went for the sub? That Mendes?
body shots bro, also the word of a pro fighter who has been hit is worth more than yours

Rda should be favorite in this fight after dominating Pettis cerrone and bendo blows my fucking mind.

I think McGregor's overall game is much harder to crack and beat. We've seen how Pettis can be beaten even on the feet, there has been no solutions yet for McGregor's striking.

You mean Mendes (obviously) who took the fight on short notice, was visibly gassed halfway through the first round, and still managed to land 60% of his takedowns against Connor, completely wrestlefucked him, and was likely winning both rounds before he went for the sub? That Mendes?

You people with common sense make me sick. All your facts have no place in the same thread that McGoat is meantioned in. Get with the program around here, HEAD CLEAN OFF!!!!

You need to learn how to Sherdog, BRO...come at me!!!!!

Seems unlikely. I'd say its a fair assumption that Pettis has better grappling also.
Pettis' kicks are far more dangerous. He's finished top flight competition with both kicks to the head and kicks to the body. Conor's boxing is substantially better than Pettis' though. All in all, Conor still gets hit flush a lot. He was countered against Mini Mendes a few times and never checked a single leg kick from Poirier. He also has paper thin skin and gets cut easily.

I say it's about 60/40 in favor of Pettis. Maybe 55/45. That's being fair.

Conor has never lost in the UFC & never lost to a wrestler.

Wow what a significant sample size he has been subjected to as well. There is a reason the UFC has protected Conor from wrestlers as much as they reasonably could. It's not because they think it's his strength. If Conor beats RDA we will see who they push towards him and who they do not. At least they don't have to worry about Bendo anymore.

I think McGregor's overall game is much harder to crack and beat. We've seen how Pettis can be beaten even on the feet, there has been no solutions yet for McGregor's striking.

No answer at all.....well, there was this little dude named Mendes. He took Conor down and proceeded to beat on him on the ground. Then Mendes gassed.

Sorry bro, the blueprint on how to beat Conor is there.

Conor vs Pettis/Diaz are the two fights I want to see the most at LW. Fan friendly fights for sure.

No answer at all.....well, there was this little dude named Mendes. He took Conor down and proceeded to beat on him on the ground. Then Mendes gassed.

Sorry bro, the blueprint on how to beat Conor is there.
I meant on the feet, that's the point of this thread.

Obviously anyone's striking is neutralized on the ground...

He's been wrestlefucked more times than Conor
Pettis' guard is lightyears ahead of Conor's and TDD is about even. If Conor fought the same wrestlers Pettis fought, guys like you wouldn't be so eager to suck the skin off of that man's dick all the time.

Pettis' kicks are far more dangerous. He's finished top flight competition with both kicks to the head and kicks to the body. Conor's boxing is substantially better than Pettis' though. All in all, Conor still gets hit flush a lot. He was countered against Mini Mendes a few times and never checked a single leg kick from Poirier. He also has paper thin skin and gets cut easily.

I say it's about 60/40 in favor of Pettis. Maybe 55/45. That's being fair.

60/40 in favor of Pettis? Lets get real here. Pettis can launch those kicks anytime anywhere. The kicking game between Pettis and McNuts is not even a fair comparison. Man vs boy here, 90/10 Pettis, and that's being generous towards Conor.

Wow what a significant sample size he has been subjected to as well. There is a reason the UFC has protected Conor from wrestlers as much as they reasonably could. It's not because they think it's his strength. If Conor beats RDA we will see who they push towards him and who they do not. At least they don't have to worry about Bendo anymore.
Bendo would never have made it to a title shot at this point of his career.

Rda should be favorite in this fight after dominating Pettis cerrone and bendo blows my fucking mind.
RDA opened up the favorite. Then the Conor fans placed a bunch of bets, changing the lines in favor of McGregor. But Vegas believes RDA is the rightful favorite.

Pettis' guard is lightyears ahead of Conor's and TDD is about even. If Conor fought the same wrestlers Pettis fought, guys like you wouldn't be so eager to suck the skin off of that man's dick all the time.
Wow, didn't even pay him a compliment & I'm accused of sucking his dick, I'm not saying Conor is unbeatable but nobody seems to want to give him credit because they have some sort of petty rage against him, you're a perfect example.

Back