Is McGregor's striking better than Pettis's?

60/40 in favor of Pettis? Lets get real here. Pettis can launch those kicks anytime anywhere. The kicking game between Pettis and McNuts is not even a fair comparison. Man vs boy here, 90/10 Pettis, and that's being generous towards Conor.
Conor's hands are about as better than Pettis' hands than Pettis' kicks are better than Conor's. I'm being realistic here. I think Pettis smokes Conor like a blunt if they fight. He doesn't telegraph his kicks at all. You never see them coming. Conor's very hittable too. But when you combine strengths vs. weaknesses, I'd say they're fairly close in the striking department, just at two different things.

Wow, didn't even pay him a compliment & I'm accused of sucking his dick, I'm not saying Conor is unbeatable but nobody seems to want to give him credit because they have some sort of petty rage against him, you're a perfect example.
Wow, I don't know why you morons always think I'm hating on the guy just because I speak facts. I have no bias against Conor. I'm just telling the truth. He hasn't faced the guys Pettis has.

Conor would be a clear favourite over pettis if they were to fight.

I meant on the feet, that's the point of this thread.

Obviously anyone's striking is neutralized on the ground...

OMG, I don't even know where the hell to start with you. You went to say that McNuts has the advantage on the feet, which is highly questionable, then YOU REALIZED THAT YOU MADE A FUCKING POST IN A MMA FORUM AND SAID "Obviously anyone's striking is neutralized on the ground".

You are finally starting to get it. This is MMA. Let me tell you a little secret about the current crop of UFC champions.

Fact-best strikers are not champs in their division

Fact-best wrestlers are not champs in their division

Fact-Best MMA fighters ARE champs in their division

Wow, I don't know why you morons always think I'm hating on the guy just because I speak facts. I have no bias against Conor. I'm just telling the truth. He hasn't faced the guys Pettis has.
Mendes has a better wrestling pedigree than all 3 of the guys who wrestlefucked him, but okay.

Bendo would never have made it to a title shot at this point of his career.

At LW Dana is that you? He just lost a contraversial SD to the guy that got the TS. Agreed he wouldn't get the preferential treatment Conor gets being pushed to the front of the line. He still wasnt far from a title shot. The UFC just doesn't want him near it period. I have a feeling you'll seem more grapplers
pushed out. Especially if Conor wins seeing grappling is his biggest liability.

I think that Pettis is definitely at that level, his accuracy is baffling. I think that Conor definitely packs more heat though.
That being said, Pettis is a more dangerous finisher, and can finish the fight anywhere

At LW Dana is that you? He just lost a contraversial SD to the guy that got the TS. Agreed he wouldn't get the preferential treatment Conor gets being pushed to the front of the line. He still wasnt far from a title shot. The UFC just doesn't want him near it period. I have a feeling you'll seem more grapplers
pushed out. Especially if Conor wins seeing grappling is his biggest liability.
He got starched by the current champ & just came off a gift decision to Masvidal at 170.

You mean Mendes (obviously) who took the fight on short notice, was visibly gassed halfway through the first round, and still managed to land 60% of his takedowns against Connor, completely wrestlefucked him, and was likely winning both rounds before he went for the sub? That Mendes?

You forgot the bit about Mendes breaking his foot a week or so before the fight.

This guy is the biggest moron on here. I don't even know why people are trying to argue with him. He is the same dude that keeps getting banned every other day, what happened to your clown account scrub? LOL

Mendes has a better wrestling pedigree than all 3 of the guys who wrestlefucked him, but okay.

I agree with you. Mendes' wrestling is amazing, but you're wrong. Compare the size of Mendes to the size of that fuking cybord McNuts is fighting. Size does matter.

I really hope this fight happens one day, it would be fireworks. As previously stated, Conor is the better puncher while Pettis the better kicker. Considering you have to be closer to land punches than kicks, this puts Conor at a disadvantage. Pettis is also taller and if he can stay in his range and out of Conor's then I can see him taking this. He's more proven also so theres that. Edge to Pettis for me at this point.

Yes Mcgregor is the better striker. He is the better boxer, has better footwork with solid kicks but not KO kicks. Pettis is like the opposite. He has poor boxing but awesome kicks. However, Mcgregor is the better MMA striker. Its easier for him to keep opponents in his range than it is for Pettis. Pettis can be jammed up by an aggressive approach.

Pettis has good striking at kicking distance, but he can't keep the fight there and has average at best boxing. McGregor is much better distance control and footwork. He is a couple levels better striker IMO

This guy is the biggest moron on here. I don't even know why people are trying to argue with him. He is the same dude that keeps getting banned every other day, what happened to your clown account scrub? LOL
Okay fucktard, onto the ignore list you go. I don't have time nor a care in the world to argue with teenage losers today.

Conor has a punchers chance that's the only different from RDA vs Pettis

Back