Is McGregor's striking better than Pettis's?

Yellowking

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Seems unlikely. I'd say its a fair assumption that Pettis has better grappling also.

close but at lightweight its pettis for now

Not sure. They'd have to fight first for us to find out.

Pettis has a better all around striking game.

They both have about a 44% Striking accuracy, they're both versatile and creative. I'd give Connor an advantage with the hands and Pettis an advantage kicking. Defense wise, I think Pettis is better

They both have about a 44% Striking accuracy, they're both versatile and creative. I'd give Connor an advantage with the hands and Pettis an advantage kicking. Defense wise, I think Pettis is better
pettis got wrestle fucked in 3 -4 fights by mediocre wrestlers and lost, conor beat one of the best wrestlers

McGregor is better at freezing his opponent with feints and movement and his combinations seem more effective than Pettis' but I think Anthony has more vicious kicks.. so yeah, I guess so.

Pettis is more complete, and a better all around fighter.

lol no, he will prove it by smashing RDA
You just want to be that guy who said I told you so. Get a life and quit living vicariously through another person. How annoyed would you be if people constantly tried to convince you how great Robbie Lawler or Luke Rockhold is?

pettis got wrestle fucked in 3 -4 fights by mediocre wrestlers and lost, conor beat one of the best wrestlers

You mean Mendes (obviously) who took the fight on short notice, was visibly gassed halfway through the first round, and still managed to land 60% of his takedowns against Connor, completely wrestlefucked him, and was likely winning both rounds before he went for the sub? That Mendes?

Conor has a very good kicking game also, Pettis has OK boxing. I'm fairly confident Conor is a level ahead of Pettis.

Back