• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Is marriage really worth it?

I got extremely lucky imo... I've been married for 10 years and my wife is better looking and makes a shit ton more money then I do. We both enjoy sports, violent action movies, animals, plus we both hate kids.

Of course it can be hard and takes effort, anything worth keeping usually is.

Well, lets do some math: divorce rate is now approx 70%, of the remaining 30% only half are in "happy, functioning" marriages...so approx 15% success rate.

Marriage is obsolete.

3741.jpg

I've never understood why some guys act like females when it comes to tying the knot. Most married people I know are miserable, that's why most married people cheat. I had a homie who said fuck it got married after a six month relay.
Fast forward two years he's getting divorced and crying all the time, even went borderline suicidal all because she was getting snow plowed by various dudes. She was even fucking her ex...smh these ho's ain't loyal I'm never getting married.

I did get a divorce but marriage is very good when you choose the right person, when you get tired of sleeping around with 5s its actually good to settle down with an 8/9 that shares the same goals and tastes. The problem is a lot of people settle wrong and then complain about marriage when they should complain about their ability to make good choices.

Can anyone? Simple answer would be no, because I'm not with her 100% of the time. Just the same, she couldn't be 100% certain I'm not cheating on her. But, I trust her enough to have 2 kids with her and share our money and all the other things that comes with being married.
Exactly. This goes for any relationship, married or otherwise. No one ever knows anything about someone else with 100% certainty. For example, my brother could be telling me something and I believe him but can I honestly say I KNOW EVERYTHING HE HS EVER TOLD BE TO BE 100% true all of the time? That's just life. You believe it until you are proven otherwise or given reason not to.

Say goodbye to bj's in about a year or so
I will say, for most married couples, it is true that the head game drops dramatically. Most of my married friends, BJs are for special occasions only and about half of them don't mind it that way while the other half does long for the more frequent BJs of the past. For me, it's actually increased and head is part of foreplay now so I get head before actual sex everytime.

Well, lets do some math: divorce rate is now approx 70%, of the remaining 30% only half are in "happy, functioning" marriages...so approx 15% success rate.

Marriage is obsolete.
Actually, in the US, divorce rates is the lowest it's been in almost 40 years. The peak in the US was in 1980.
http://www.bgsu.edu/ncfmr/resources...derson-divorce-rate-us-geo-2015-fp-16-21.html
http://time.com/4575495/divorce-rate-nearly-40-year-low/

The problem isn't marriage, THE PROBLEM IS YOU. Men and women blame the other person for their marriage failing, blame society, blame everyone but themselves.

It's like the men who claim all women are hoes and the women who claim are men are assholes. If you fall into either of the previous two categories, it's because 1. You are attracted to hoes or assholes OR 2. Your actions attract hoes or assholes.

Don't blame people for your failures, your inability to select and choose a person to be with for the rest of your life. Heck, if you don't want to get married, don't. This day and age, you can choose not to get married and no one cares. If you want kids and don't want to get married, you can do that. But if you ever break up with her, it's still child support until the kids are of age.

Last edited:

Marriage is obsolete.

Where did you get these numbers?

In Canada, the divorce rate is approximately 38 percent:

According to Statistics Canada, about 38 per cent of all marriages taking place in 2004 will have ended in divorce by 2035. The total divorce rate was down slightly from its peak of about 41 per cent in the mid 1980s, but slightly higher than the rate of about 37 per cent recorded in the mid 1990s.

Newfoundland and Labrador had the lowest rate of divorce at 21.6 per cent — while Quebec had the highest at 48.4 per cent.

Source

In the US it is approximately 50 percent:

about 40 to 50 percent of married couples in the United States divorce.

I have no clue where you got your "happily married" number.

can you be 100% certain your wife isnt cheating on you?

You need to learn who to trust and who not to trust. And then be in a relationship with open communication. It's a skill not many people have.

How many times have you made this thread?

You should cheer up your buddy by taking him to a nice seafood buffet.

Good question. I honestly don't know. And I am married. There are times when it's great, but those times have nothing to do with our marital status. It just has to do with us being together. But there are many drawbacks to getting married.

Women almost invariably all let themselves go once they get married. And then getting back in shape for them is like Jose Aldo trying to win the belt again. He's already done it; and defended it numerous times, so he isn't as hungry for it. And he's older.

It's the same for women. Marriage is the end game in their eyes. While you're dating them, they love giving you head, ducking all the time, doing all this great stuff. They're the most marriable version of themselves. Just like before we get to fuck them, which is our end game, we are the most fuckable version of ourselves.

But once the ring is on their finger, they suddenly lose the desire to just drop down and suck your dick for no reason is gone. They also aren't motivated to stay in shape. All women claim they aren't like that. But it's biology. They no longer have an instinctive need to be fuckable.

Now, my life has improved drastically since I got married. But it's really hard to say how much of that is due to being married and how much would have happened anyway. But it's also pretty hard to gauge just how much less happy I would be if my wife was not with me, which would have been an inevitability if I didn't marry her.

if youre not married by 25-30 youre honestly failing at life and your chance of success is decreasing rapidly

Women almost invariably all let themselves go once they get married. And then getting back in shape for them is like Jose Aldo trying to win the belt again. He's already done it; and defended it numerous times, so he isn't as hungry for it. And he's older.

It's the same for women. Marriage is the end game in their eyes. While you're dating them, they love giving you head, ducking all the time, doing all this great stuff. They're the most marriable version of themselves. Just like before we get to fuck them, which is our end game, we are the most fuckable version of ourselves.

Dude, I think the same can be said for most guys too. It's not just women who let themselves go. And guys are also willing to do much more for women when they are chasing tail and before they are married as well. It's honestly a two way street FOR MOST PEOPLE.

But once the ring is on their finger, they suddenly lose the desire to just drop down and suck your dick for no reason is gone.

This is true for most married women. In my group of close friends (about 9 of us), I'm the only one who got more head after getting married. They say BJ is a rare occurrence and only happens on special occasions. Overall frequency of sex has declined for all of us but it's the kids, work, and time but with that said, getting head is part of foreplay now so I get head before actual sex everytime so I'm not complaining.

I think to many people view marriage as a necessity (like having kids).

I don't view it as necessary at all, but I'm 100% down with marrying someone with extremely similar beliefs, goals, likes, etc., but I would definitely need to live with them and see them at their first. It blows my mind that people get married without living together first and getting to know them 100%.
What will living with them first prove? It may prove that they're cool at first, that's about it.

Don't marry a chick you met at a club, is on the rebound, or raises red flags from day one, and you'll be fine.

Never been married myself I'm only 24. Just watching now my friends older brother who is also a good friend go through a divorce. I lived with this guy and his wife for months, they'd been together for awhile now she's in her late 20s him his mid 30s, never thought they'd get divorced. I guess his wife and him started having problems the last year or so and he beat her up after they got all fucked up at some concert she cheated a few months back he just found out and they broke up. I guess it's kinda amicable or whatever, now she's banging some dude that was their mutual best friend staying with them after he split up with his wife. (They're all still married and all still hangout as friends except the husband of the girl who is banging the other girls husband)

it's really a sight to see. I couldn't imagine being the husband on the outside looking in knowing the lady you've been with almost ten years is a hard slut. Can't turn a hoe into a housewife I'm sure some of us sherdoggers can tell you from experience, I know I can. Slutty girls are some of the nicest you'll date to, from my experience anyway. Not a lot of guys will date them and they know this, they'll do alot to hold onto you.

Dude, I think the same can be said for most guys too. It's not just women who let themselves go. And guys are also willing to do much more for women when they are chasing tail and before they are married as well. It's honestly a two way street FOR MOST PEOPLE.

This is true for most married women. In my group of close friends (about 9 of us), I'm the only one who got more head after getting married. They say BJ is a rare occurrence and only happens on special occasions. Overall frequency of sex has declined for all of us but it's the kids, work, and time but with that said, getting head is part of foreplay now so I get head before actual sex everytime so I'm not complaining.

Well, I'm still in good shape. Sure, there were a couple of years where I was under immense stress where I put on some weight. And yes, we are more charming before we get to fuck them. That's what I was saying. But the level of deception women carry out prior to marriage is much greater than that of the men's before we get to fuck them.

And it's not simply the freauency of certain sex acts. Before we were married, my wife liked to watch the fights with me. She liked watching comedies. She liked to get kinky during sex. But as soon as we were married, it's like a switch flipped. Suddenly, she's hiding in the bedroom when I have friends over to watch the fights. Comedies are stupid now. Only sophisticated British humor makes the cut. All the stuff she liked to do sexually, she no longer likes. It is like fucking night and day.

And all of the changes I've made since we got married have been things she wanted. I don't drink anymore, except maybe once a year. Things like that. Every change she has made to herself has been what she wanted, and generally because she has no desire to be champion again, just like Jose Aldo. She got the belt, lost it, and now she's just riding out the rest of her career in mediocrity. No need to diet anymore. She doesn't have to make weight to compete.

Now, I may not be perfect. But I'm at least like Urijah Faber in that I'm always one fight away from the belt, and I stay in shape, constantly beating anyone who is not champion.

Back