Is Leon a live dog vs Woodley?

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
There are alot of variables going into this fight, what with it being Leon’s first real big step ip in competition, Woodley’s inactivity/injuries, his side projects and his last performance vs Leon’s win streak...I really dont know how this one goes down

i bet a friend that leon wins and double the $ if he finishes him or vice versa, but honestly im not that confident lol. Woodley is in thailand training and looking sharp lately...what is the sherbro consensus on this one?

I dont see this fight getting talked about much

50/50 fight IMO, wouldn't bet on it. Either Leon wins a decision or Woodley KOs him. I don't know if Leon's chin is solid enough to take a T-bomb, I remember he got dropped by Barberena.

There are alot of variables going into this fight, what with it being Leon’s first real big step ip in competition, Woodley’s inactivity/injuries, his side projects and his last performance vs Leon’s win streak...I really dont know how this one goes down

i bet a friend that leon wins and double the $ if he finishes him or vice versa, but honestly im not that confident lol. Woodley is in thailand training and looking sharp lately...what is the sherbro consensus on this one?

I dont see this fight getting talked about much

Dog? Edwards is the favorite.

Woodley has blown most of his money per his interview. If he's hungry and committed to this Leon is in alot of trouble.

If Woodley is still in victim mindset he's in trouble.

This truly comes down to Woodleys mental approach imo

Absolutely a live dog I imo if not actually the betting favourite seeing how shit Woodley looked the last time out. Hoping for an early finish here otherwise this fight has the potential to be a massive stinker if it goes the full 5 rounds.

I haven't seen Leon fight much but in the Cerrone fight he seemed to have good basic striking and good distance control as long as a huge height/reach advantage on Tyron.

I think he might be able to beat Woodley with the Rory MacDonald gameplan.

50/50 fight IMO, wouldn't bet on it. Either Leon wins a decision or Woodley KOs him. I don't know if Leon's chin is solid enough to take a T-bomb, I remember he got dropped by Barberena.

Or Wood takes it to a decision.. That's totally feasible as well, but I agree that it's 50/50.

Woodley is almost 40 now. Well past his prime. I don't expect him to win many high level fights from this point forward.

Leon Edwards is likely gonna smash him out.

Woodley is done. I wouldn’t even be surprised if Edwards beats him in the clinch and holds his own in wrestling exchanges.

Woodley also has that really annoying victim mentality.

Noone's chin is solid for a Woodley bomb. But the likelihood of that happening is pretty slim. Leon's defense is on a very high level, in addition to that he doesn't take any unnecessary risks. It was a sneaky uppercut by Barbarena. And Tyron is doing pretty much shit to set up his only weapon - the right hand. These two factors in combination are making Tyron via KO very unlikely. And this is 5 rounds, which is even more bad news for Tyron. It's a UD for Leon written all over it IMO.
I haven't seen Leon fight much but in the Cerrone fight he seemed to have good basic striking and good distance control as long as a huge height/reach advantage on Tyron.

I think he might be able to beat Woodley with the Rory MacDonald gameplan.
They both have 74' reach (per Wikipedia). Leon is considerably taller, tho. He'll use more of a Kamaru gameplan IMO. Leon just loves to wrestle and he ain't bad at it.
Woodley is sitting as a +126 underdog on my bookie
And rightfully so.

Thread title is racist.

Vick-and-Puppy.jpg

It's more like a 55/45 fight in favor of Woodley. Old Woodley would eat Edwards up with ease, since he always does extremely well against Southpaws and Edwards will let Woodley dictate the fight. But who knows if the current Woodley still has it in him.

Noone's chin is solid for a Woodley bomb. But the likelihood of that happening is pretty slim. Leon's defense is on a very high level, in addition to that he doesn't take any unnecessary risks. It was a sneaky uppercut by Barbarena. And Tyron is doing pretty much shit to set up his only weapon - the right hand. These two factors in combination are making Tyron via KO very unlikely. And this is 5 rounds, which is even more bad news for Tyron. It's a UD for Leon written all over it IMO.

They both have 74' reach (per Wikipedia). Leon is considerably taller, tho. He'll use more of a Kamaru gameplan IMO. Leon just loves to wrestle and he ain't bad at it.
And rightfully so.

You think Leon can outwrestle Tyron? Don't forget, Tyron has extremely underrated TDD.

Easy fight for Leon, bet your house. Woodley doesn't stand a chance.

You think Leon can outwrestle Tyron? Don't forget, Tyron has extremely underrated TDD.
Yeah, but he is going to back himself to the fences all night and thus giving Leon easy opportunity for wall and stall and after Woodley tires later in the fight these could turn into takedowns. And Leon is the second best wrestler in the division after Kamaru. I would even put him above Woodley just because Leon is more well rounded and this is helping his wrestling shine more.

woodley looked completely done last time out

he almost looked bored in there - seems distracted with all of his rap ventures and commentary

prime woodley would easily beat edwards - the question is we have no idea who to expect now

he’s 37 - as close to 34 as 40 - he looked as good as ever against till

if he comes out hungry and motivated he still has the tools to walk through edwards

Yeah, but he is going to back himself to the fences all night and thus giving Leon easy opportunity for wall and stall and after Woodley tires later in the fight these could turn into takedowns. And Leon is the second best wrestler in the division after Kamaru. I would even put him above Woodley just because Leon is more well rounded and this is helping his wrestling shine more.

this is complete non sense - just look at the gunnar fight

his takedown defense is good but he’s no where near the wrestler colby or woodley are

Back