Is Leon a live dog vs Woodley?

woodley looked completely done last time out

he almost looked bored in there - seems distracted with all of his rap ventures and commentary

prime woodley would easily beat edwards - the question is we have no idea who to expect now

he’s 37 - as close to 34 as 40 - he looked as good as ever against till

if he comes out hungry and motivated he still has the tools to walk through edwards
That's what I'm hoping for, apparently the guy's put aside all the shit and just went at it in Thailand, hopefully we see the Woodley who starched Till and Lawler not the passive version who did literally nothing in the Usman fight. Not sure Edwards has the fire power to take Woodley out, while conversely Woodley certainly does.

Yeah, but he is going to back himself to the fences all night and thus giving Leon easy opportunity for wall and stall and after Woodley tires later in the fight these could turn into takedowns. And Leon is the second best wrestler in the division after Kamaru. I would even put him above Woodley just because Leon is more well rounded and this is helping his wrestling shine more.

Really? I've only seen parts of his Cowboy fight, what fights does he show his wrestling in?

It sounds crazy to say that a fighter with no wrestling background will outwrestle a D1 two time All American.

People get way too much credit for beating over the hill RDA

50/50 fight IMO, wouldn't bet on it. Either Leon wins a decision or Woodley KOs him. I don't know if Leon's chin is solid enough to take a T-bomb, I remember he got dropped by Barberena.

I don't mean to sound like I'm a know it all, but I just wanted to explain the logic of betting because I do hear this a lot from people who don't gamble on sports. I think this will change your mind about what you would or would not bet on.

Vegas set up odds for the favorite or underdog based on how likely Vegas thinks they will win (or they think the public thinks but don't worry about that).

So whenever there is a discrepancy between what Vegas (or whatever bookmaker) and YOU think about who is likely to win, that is where you would WANT to bet on it.

So IF Vegas thought Woodley is almost certain to win, meaning if you bet $100 on Edwards, you would win $500 then you definitely should bet on Edwards if you think it's a 50/50 fight. It's like if it were a coin flip, but Vegas will pay you $500 for your risk of $100 on heads, then you should go strongly bet on heads.

Anyhow, if you think it's a 50/50 fight, then you would probably want to bet on Edwards because I think he will be the underdog.

Leon has a good shot. Woodley is a good test for him.

Edwards wins this, somewhat comfortably. He easily out-strikes Woodley, who's striking game consists of backing to the fence and throwing a big punch every 7mins. Edwards will be racking up points with constant pressure and constant punches. Leon's cardio is much better than Tyron's. Woodley never uses his wrestling anymore and even if he did, Leon will do okay in that department too. Tyron's entering the twilight of his career, Leon UD.

this is complete non sense
Not a "complete non sense", but will admit there is a bit of exaggeration from my part.
Really? I've only seen parts of his Cowboy fight, what fights does he show his wrestling in?

It sounds crazy to say that a fighter with no wrestling background will outwrestle a D1 two time All American.
I will quote my answer to ArmenianAssasin here "...will admit there is a bit of exaggeration from my part." I don't think he is for real the 2nd best wrestler @WW. But he is up there. From his last 10 oppoonents Edwards took down 7. He couldn't take down Kamaru, Cowboy and Pawlak. Although he did pin Pawlak against the fence a lot and ended up on top of him in the end of the 2nd after a failed TD attempt from Pawlak. And Leon then was not the fighter he is now. We know who Kamaru is and Cowboy has very underrated TDD. A lot of people forget this about him.

I know Leon is not really the best wrestler, but he is technically sound and he is a willing wrestler, which is maybe even more important. I don't think that just on pure wrestling skills he can beat Woodley there, of course not. But this is a 5-rounder, Woodley gets tired, he gets himself to the fence where Leon is doing a lot of his work... The components for what I think may happen are all there. Not "will", may.

I like Leon in Thai fight — he has better fundamentals and is always improving. At least Woodley looks to be hungry again. You never know until he steps into the cage though.

I see it as pretty much 50/50. Woodley is more experienced and has fought at a higher level, Leon is younger and has a height/reach advantage. Its a good fight and its good that Leon is finally getting on the radar.

Edwards is a very boring fighter,extremely boring. His facial expression is also as if he is bored always

Didn’t know he was underdog.Maybe will bet on him.That English wrestling tho....

Fr? Figured woodley would be a heavy favorite being 1 fight removed from the belt
"1 fight removed from the belt"......Yeah 1 fight, 2 rap albums 300 TMZ interviews etc.....Leon has a very good chance because he's fighting well-rounded Woodley. The best Tyron Woodley died, he's almost 38 and on the downside of his career. The dude can still fight but i'm rooting for Leon here. Young hungry lion eats the fat cat!

That's what I'm hoping for, apparently the guy's put aside all the shit and just went at it in Thailand, hopefully we see the Woodley who starched Till and Lawler not the passive version who did literally nothing in the Usman fight. Not sure Edwards has the fire power to take Woodley out, while conversely Woodley certainly does.
You don't think the version of Woodley had anything to do with Usman? It was probably the same Woodley, it's Usman that dominated him and would probably do it even easier again. His hands against Colby were the best they've been. The dudes getting better, Woodley is past his prime. He's only going to get worse from here.

You don't think the version of Woodley had anything to do with Usman? It was probably the same Woodley, it's Usman that dominated him and would probably do it even easier again. His hands against Colby were the best they've been. The dudes getting better, Woodley is past his prime. He's only going to get worse from here.
Solid point and I'll freely admit Usman looked amazing against Woodley, he showed some flaws against Colby but yes his stand up clearly has improved. I'd argue though Woodley did nothing that entire fight, either Usman's that much of a monster or it's a combination of Usman being on point and Woodley losing it in a hurry. Woodley Edwards will be instructive as to whether Woodley's past his prime, I mean he's what 37, only freaks like Romero seemingly improve in their late 30s so it's entirely possible he is nigh on done but as I don't see Edwards getting him down often, if at all, it will be interesting to see how Woodley fares. As Edwards for the most part isn't a finisher I'm hoping Woodley's still got something left otherwise there's the potential for this match up to be a rather dull 5 round affair.

Leon is going to absolutely destroy woodley. Tyron looked timid and awful against usman.

Edwards wins this match up on paper, Plus with the fact that woodley is aging, took a long lay off and is willing to engage in a staring contest all signs point to edwards for me

Fr? Figured woodley would be a heavy favorite being 1 fight removed from the belt
I was surprised to see that as well, was thinking Twood would be like a -200 favorite

I'm pretty confident Leon Scott will take this, he is hungry and a man on a mision also I have a strong feeling Woodley won't show up mentally

Cake walk for the hungry and streaking Leon Edwards. Woodley is mumbling ‘songs’ about falling in and out of love in love witchu

He always looks great on pads then come fight night it’s sit on the fence and wait for the overhand opportunity

Back