Is it time for Davis to return to UFC?

lol at you listing 6 guys who never were in their prime together at lhw and spanned like a 15 year time frame.

but yeah, those guys would have been top lhw's back in liddell's day, back in rashad's day, back in machida's day. you just want to take 6 guys who were arguably #1 for some period of time. many years ago.....
I remember back when UFC champion meant something now we have dudes like Jan as champ. Jan gets finished by everyone I just listed in their prime. You know it's embarrassing for even you to have to shill for a guy like Jan. UFC has fallen off big time.

He's fine in Bellator, lots of names he hasn't faced yet.

I dunno about that really, in terms of the bigger names it's only really Corey he hasn't fought. He has Anglickas, Augusto and Yag I guess of the lesser known ones.

No i never liked the guy and his fights are boring as fuck.

I remember back when UFC champion meant something now we have dudes like Jan as champ. Jan gets finished by everyone I just listed in their prime. You know it's embarrassing for even you to have to shill for a guy like Jan. UFC has fallen off big time.
you want to pretend forrest didn't beat rampage. or that jardine didn't beat chuck 1 fight after he lost the title. or that hendo would be an unbeatable lhw. again, jan ktfo out your boy corey last year......is jan the best ufc lhw now? time will still tell. he's pretty good right now. he's not on some pedestal. but i'm not putting him below bader and corey and davis right now.

Idk man I still see that Phil Davis Ryan Bader Rumble & Corey Anderson were "cut" from UFC because they "couldn't hang" so I don't see what's wrong with fitting Volkan into that same category. I'm just hitting the UFC casuals with their own logic. I had someone ask me why Phil Davis never won a belt in UFC like his only losses weren't to guys who are in Bellator right now lol. And Jan was on the brink of being cut but came back to win the belt but for some reason they feel Phil couldn't win one. There's your answer @CerebralKnievel

Phil has always been UFC caliber. We all know he was cut due to his style/marketability versus his cost.

What are you on about?
Why would it make sense to return him to UFC?
Can you at least explain something instead of showing a video and not saying your own opinion first?

His opponent in the video is a 44 year old middle weight ffs!
and he lost to the Bellator champ in his previous fight.

He is not the best in bellator LHW... nor is he the second best bellator LHW.
He has TWO losses to Nemkov in Bellator to avenge(which I don't think he can)
He has TWO losses to Ryan Bader, one in UFC and one in Bellator to avenge (which I don't think he can either)
Really good points mate and I lol'd how you put TS in his place for not even bothering to explain his opinion.

Just to play devil's advocate though, don't you think Bader and Nemkov would do well against any of the top five into the UFC? As other posters have mentioned, Glover is easily the #1 contender whom Davis demolished years ago.

Jiri got to #2 in two UFC fights. We don't even know if he can wrestle yet. In fact, there's a notable lack of wrestlers at 205 in the UFC right now. Bader or Davis could smother Jan and become champ...it's definitely a possibility.

But definitely agree that a LHW beating Romero means nothing in 2021 and Davis wouldn't be worth the money. The UFC wanted him gone when he was still young and winning....they ain't gonna buy him back at 36.

Really good points mate and I lol'd how you put TS in his place for not even bothering to explain his opinion.

Just to play devil's advocate though, don't you think Bader and Nemkov would do well against any of the top five into the UFC? As other posters have mentioned, Glover is easily the #1 contender whom Davis demolished years ago.

Jiri got to #2 in two UFC fights. We don't even know if he can wrestle yet. In fact, there's a notable lack of wrestlers at 205 in the UFC right now. Bader or Davis could smother Jan and become champ...it's definitely a possibility.

But definitely agree that a LHW beating Romero means nothing in 2021 and Davis wouldn't be worth the money. The UFC wanted him gone when he was still young and winning....they ain't gonna buy him back at 36.
I know you were trying to devil’s advocate, but somehow you made me even more convinced of my argument than you intended.

the more I read your comment the more it sounded like Bellator is the place to strive for in LHW, and ufc’s lhw is shit in comparison.

Better reasons than mine for why he should not leave to UFC, lol.

I know you were trying to devil’s advocate, but somehow you made me even more convinced of my argument than you intended.

the more I read your comment the more it sounded like Bellator is the place to strive for in LHW, and ufc’s lhw is shit in comparison.

Better reasons than mine for why he should not leave to UFC, lol.
Haha it's 2am here, I'm tired but can't sleep. I ended up dribbling on in my response, I even pulled up UFCs LHW rankings to continue on my trailing thoughts.

I could have made some bar graphs if I kept going, but luckily my shit ended so I wrapped it up.

If a fighter has a sweet deal at Bellator, they'll never come over (or back) to the UFC.

The ufc lhw division is unquestionably better overall. The ONLY argument bellator has is that they are competitive within the top 5. But to suggest they are clearly better than Jan, jiri, rakic, glover, ankalaev, reyes is just stupid. And after the top 5 it’s not competitive.

But again, rumble isn’t available right now. He has other things to worry about unfortunately.

And lol at referencing volkan losing 1 fight in bellator over 7 years ago…..

And again, YOU are the one saying the ufc lhw are all cans. You’re an obvious troll on this topic.
If Bader, Davis and Rumble were in the Ufc no one would pay attention to Jiri, ankalaev, reyes, rakic, glover or Jan because they all would have had to face Bader and Davis on their way to the top and sent all the way back to irrelevancy like Bader and Davis has done to a lot of prospects in the past. These new fighters in the Ufc have the benefit of making it to the top without facing any wrestlers. If Davis, Bader and even Cory were still in the Ufc they would have runs similar to Derek Brunson's where they knock off prospect after prospect.

If Bader, Davis and Rumble were in the Ufc no one would pay attention to Jiri, ankalaev, reyes, rakic, glover or Jan because they all would have had to face Bader and Davis on their way to the top and sent all the way back to irrelevancy like Bader and Davis has done to a lot of prospects in the past. These new fighters in the Ufc have the benefit of making it to the top without facing any wrestlers. If Davis, Bader and even Cory were still in the Ufc they would have runs similar to Derek Brunson's where they knock off prospect after prospect.
You say this as if it’s factual. First, rumble has fought once in 5 years and is currently retired unfortunately and may never fight again. Bader and davis could have given some losses or could have been beaten and increased their shine. The idea that bader or davis have this long list of elite prospects as notches on their resume or that they would be prohibitive favorites is just not true. There’s just as high a likelihood that bader and davis would have taken more L’s than they have while in bellator because other than nemkov they have each other and not that much else.

He left for more money and a bigger push not because he couldn’t hang in the top 10-15. Which IMO he could still hang with the best at 205 in the UFC maybe not champion tho

The problem is Davis can't wear his pink panties in UFC due to the dress code with Venum, and previously Reebok. Thats the main reason he actually left, was no longer allowed to wear his pink underwears, very unfortunate, there are lots of guys he can beat by split decisions in UFC

You just like watching him prance around in his fucking little pink shorts. <45>
6.gif

Back