Is it time for Davis to return to UFC?

Too old for that (And nothing spectacular really)

Glover is 41 and ran through half the top 10 and is ranked #1 and fighting for the title lmaooo

Davis is 5 years younger and dominated (and would dominate again) Glover. UFC LHWs have shit grappling for the most part. Phil would run through the division and be top 3 at worst

First let's see how he looks after 6 months of USADA testing, before being eligible to fight in the UFC...

Glover is 41 and ran through half the top 10 and is ranked #1 and fighting for the title lmaooo

Davis is 5 years younger and dominated (and would dominate again) Glover. UFC LHWs have shit grappling for the most part. Phil would run through the division and be top 3 at worst

205 went to crap when Jones left

The UFC won't bring back Phil Davis because he is too much of a threat to win the LHW title by heavily using his wrestling.

1. Wrestlers that win fights by decision usually don't attract high ratings with casuals.

2. The UFC generally doesn't want to see fighters come from Bellator and succeed, because that would contradict their narrative that all Bellator fighters are a level below the UFC. Their signing of Chandler was the exception. They want him to succeed because he puts on exciting fights and has great skills on the mic.

It is very unlikely that Davis wants to come back to the UFC. Bellator currently has a better Top 5 at LHW than the UFC.

Does that make sense at this point in his career and current LHW status at UFC?
Do you think UFC is even considering that?

200.gif

Does that make sense at this point in his career and current LHW status at UFC?
Do you think UFC is even considering that?

What are you on about?
Why would it make sense to return him to UFC?
Can you at least explain something instead of showing a video and not saying your own opinion first?

His opponent in the video is a 44 year old middle weight ffs!
and he lost to the Bellator champ in his previous fight.

He is not the best in bellator LHW... nor is he the second best bellator LHW.
He has TWO losses to Nemkov in Bellator to avenge(which I don't think he can)
He has TWO losses to Ryan Bader, one in UFC and one in Bellator to avenge (which I don't think he can either)

Phil davis would be ufc LHW champion easily. I swear ufc casuals don’t understand what they’re watching.
Yes, he could beat Jan. To say he would do it easily is where I disagree.

I think everyone knows that he was a top 10 fighter in the UFC when he left, but don't forget that Bader beat him over at Bellator too.
He's still looking good but I wouldn't say he's that kind of dominant force where it's super clear he's better.

Back