Is it time for Davis to return to UFC?

Was a good fighter in the UFC, left as a contender. Became BT champ and remains close to that. Was a good choice. He wouldn't have been champ in the UFC. He's maintaining a similar level, still.

But no real improvement and that's not really what you look for in a guy who turns 37. BT is a good place for him. And Yoel is overweight at LHW. His age also shows. Davis has had better wins than this.

I have no idea why some people think that Romeo being in LHW is good for him. He is short even for the MW division and his most brutal loss was against Cavalcante in LHW which made him go down to MW.
Anywho, as much as a genetic freak he is, the time has caught up to him.
I mean that is me waiting for Romero to actually ignite the action.

So I don't think it's much of a deal that Davis beat him. I mean Phil seems to be who he always was - a really good middle of the pack guy, not even a gatekeeper but close to one.
Waiting-Skeleton.jpg

Glover is 41 and ran through half the top 10 and is ranked #1 and fighting for the title lmaooo

Davis is 5 years younger and dominated (and would dominate again) Glover. UFC LHWs have shit grappling for the most part. Phil would run through the division and be top 3 at worst

You have an undefeated HW (interim) champ whose opponents, many of whom are knockout artists, become so intimidated by his ability to hit them during fights that they aren't able to mount intelligent offense. That is considered boring according to UFC commentators Michael Bisping and Paul Felder.

If UFC fans in 2021 cannot handle Ciryl Ganes fighting style they certainly would not be able to handle Phil Davis taking his opponents down and doing the bare minimum to not get stood up.

It is an intelligent fighting style, there is a reason Phil has never been finished, but if UFC fans cannot handle Gane then Davis is out of the question.

he just split decision'd an old MW...
Yeah Glover is "1" due to circumstances more than anything else. He gets clipped and he's on skates. Jan catches him good , itll be an early night.

There are veterans who have stayed ahead of the mma curve that ended years ago ..... because they could.

Glover "could" actually win a UFC world title while being on other side of career.

Davis i agree would be top 3 if not win the belt. He has improved big time. Jones being out so long would probably lose to davis at 205. Jones is in dream land letting guys pass him up as better talent of today beats yesterday all day long.

Jones left because Santos and Reyes make strong point against them. Jan is realy tough dude.
U have fantastic Jiri and Rarkic in division. Ankalaev coming to top.

WTF u talking about?

Yes , those guys listed are meh. Jan is only champ because Jon is gone. He skill level was nowhere near Jon.

I remember when LHW used to be one of the most exciting divisions.

Damn, Yoel really went from the "uncrowned MW champ who would run through bellator" to a washed up 44 year old overnight.

Was a good fighter in the UFC, left as a contender. Became BT champ and remains close to that. Was a good choice. He wouldn't have been champ in the UFC. He's maintaining a similar level, still.

But no real improvement and that's not really what you look for in a guy who turns 37. BT is a good place for him. And Yoel is overweight at LHW. His age also shows. Davis has had better wins than this.
Let us know when you start watching mma

He spent most of his post fight interview talking about how happy he is with Bellator and fighting for them.

He isn't going anywhere, but yes he is and has always been very good, and would cause problems in the UFC.
To be fair Chandler use to say the same thing, but either way I do not think Davis has it in him to go for UFC belt

Jan isn’t as good as you think he is. Truth is if Rumble Phil and Bader were over at UFC still Jan wouldn’t be the champ. UFC LHW is pretty much the B leagues.
It really is comical that guys like you want to pretend Jan, rakic, jiri, smith, santos, Reyes, ankalaev, glover, Gus make up the B leagues…….have you zero integrity in these discussions?

Back