Is it time for Davis to return to UFC?

Yes, he could beat Jan. To say he would do it easily is where I disagree.

I think everyone knows that he was a top 10 fighter in the UFC when he left, but don't forget that Bader beat him over at Bellator too.
He's still looking good but I wouldn't say he's that kind of dominant force where it's super clear he's better.
Jan isn’t as good as you think he is. Truth is if Rumble Phil and Bader were over at UFC still Jan wouldn’t be the champ. UFC LHW is pretty much the B leagues.

Find him pretty boring but he is very skilled. Would probably be the champ in the UFC since the division is now made up of the second tier guys. Davis was never elite of the elite but maybe a step ahead of current UFC LHWs.

Glover is 41 and ran through half the top 10 and is ranked #1 and fighting for the title lmaooo

Davis is 5 years younger and dominated (and would dominate again) Glover. UFC LHWs have shit grappling for the most part. Phil would run through the division and be top 3 at worst

I agree his probably near the top of LHW at UFC but I believe Dana is looking for younger not a guy who the UFC already rejected and would cost a lot.

LHW is probably the weakest division right now (I think partly because there are a bunch of HW's who should be LHW), but I think UFC is probably more focused on beefing up HW rather than LHW.

He never should have left, I think he'd have a very good shot of beating Jan

He was top 5 when he left the UFC, would likely still be top 5. A good wrestler with good cardio and an iron chin is always a problem.

Glover is 41 and ran through half the top 10 and is ranked #1 and fighting for the title lmaooo

Davis is 5 years younger and dominated (and would dominate again) Glover. UFC LHWs have shit grappling for the most part. Phil would run through the division and be top 3 at worst

he just split decision'd an old MW...

No? He's the same fighter they let walk.

Why pay him more for a style that isn't exciting?

Glover got lucky with his road to the title. Had he run into guys like Rakic, Volkan, Reyes, Jiri, Ankalaev, he probably wouldnt get to the title

Beating up a 44 year old (relatively) out of shape Romero who hasn't won since Rockhold really isn't the statement people are making it out to be.

He sucks compared to legit contenders. Yoel os old and doesn't throw punches anymore. Davis would be a ufc gatekeeper at best. In bellator he's a contender an likely getting more money

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back