Is it time for Davis to return to UFC?

He probably did leave partly because he didn't think he'd likely become UFC champion. But that was with DC and Jones in his way. He matches up way better now.

You think there’s even a handful of fans who thought 44 year old yoel was going to run through bellator’s lhw division???? Lol. C’mon. Maybe the biggest Yoel fanboy….

I've definitely seen it, maybe they were Yoel fanboys. Either way, Oddsmakers had him as one of the tournament winner favourites. Plus you know you've seen a bunch of people calling him the uncrowned champ. Especially on here.

Phil would do very well in the UFC right now. He'd be near the top. Jan would be a great fight.

It really is comical that guys like you want to pretend Jan, rakic, jiri, smith, santos, Reyes, ankalaev, glover, Gus make up the B leagues…….have you zero integrity in these discussions?
Lol dude named a bunch of scrubs who can’t wrestle. Yes continue to believe you’re watching the best. You’re naïveté is showing.

He is so boring and literally the most boring fighter in the whole world. I feel sorry for Bellator sometimes, the guys arent motivated at all to fight.

He looked much better against Romero than Izzy did.

well yeah. Romero is much older now, hasn't fought in over a year, and is going up a weight class he hasn't been in for a decade. not to mention Izzy is a striker and Phil Davis is a grappler.

Costa looked better against Yoel too, but he still got stomped.

I think him vs Jon No Boner Jones would be very interesting ,10 old bet with my friend that Mr Wonderful would break those bones, styles make fights etc.
<mma1>

Light heavyweight is paper thin and even an old Davis would be a fringe top 10 fighter without trouble.

The UFC doesn't want to pay him and there really isn't much upside since he's a veteran winding down his career.

Romero isn't a 205lbs fighter and he's 45. Doesn't belong in there.

Lol dude named a bunch of scrubs who can’t wrestle. Yes continue to believe you’re watching the best. You’re naïveté is showing.
Scrubs…..
JointWeightyGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

The difference is I don’t go around calling nemkov, bader, davis or anderson scrubs. They are tough fighters. Thing is, they’d all (davis, bader, anderson) still be in the ufc if not for contract disagreements. Anderson would prob still be there if he didn’t get ktfo against jan as well.

But yeah, just scrubs in the ufc…..lol.

Light heavyweight is paper thin and even an old Davis would be a fringe top 10 fighter without trouble.

The UFC doesn't want to pay him and there really isn't much upside since he's a veteran winding down his career.

Romero isn't a 205lbs fighter and he's 45. Doesn't belong in there.

Hopefully it'll get beefed up. Jailton and Murzakanov are both good signings to freshen up the division off the Contender Series and Turkalj is on in a couple of weeks and he'd be a great signing too.

This. And I think anyone who supports Phil should support him in his perfectly logical decision to steer clear off WME which canned him despite being a top fighter
https://www.mmamania.com/2015/4/20/...from-ufc-was-a-business-move-not-personal-mma

Phil fought out his contract, fielded offers and left for a comparable offer:

Davis did admit that the offer UFC gave him was comparable, but not what he wanted. Still, he leaves the company he's called home for the last five years on good terms.

I agree that Phil made decisions that more fighters should try. Too many on here think it’s impossible to fight out your contract……

Scrubs…..
JointWeightyGoldfinch-size_restricted.gif

The difference is I don’t go around calling nemkov, bader, davis or anderson scrubs. They are tough fighters. Thing is, they’d all (davis, bader, anderson) still be in the ufc if not for contract disagreements. Anderson would prob still be there if he didn’t get ktfo against jan as well.

But yeah, just scrubs in the ufc…..lol.
Great now they’re 1-1 let’s see the trilogy? Oh wait ufc is too broke to pay for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back