Is it strange how Amir Albazi got skipped for a title shot & forgotten about?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
It seemed like the UFC had big plans for Matheus Nicolau to get the title shot, but he gets beaten and then Amir becomes next in line.

Amir gets a controversial win over Kara France, and now the UFC is like "Amir who?"

Brandon Royval lost to the champ nearly a year ago.
Anyone else find it strange how Amir was skipped a title shot and then completely forgotten about? He doesn't even have another fight lined up.

It seemed like the UFC had big plans for Matheus Nicolau to get the title shot, but he gets beaten and then Amir becomes next in line.

Amir gets a controversial win over Kara France, and now the UFC is like "Amir who?"

Anyone else find it strange how Amir was skipped a title shot and then completely forgotten about? He doesn't even have another fight lined up.

Fuck that guy and his anti-Semitic bullshit.

I forgot about him. He's probably wanting someone ranked higher thank KKF. And that's a title shot or Moreno now.

He has exhausted his "Dana White" Privledge

I didn't give him the win over KKF, but regardless how it was scored it wasn't a dominant win and he hasn't fought since.

Royval is fun to watch, gets finishes, has been active, and called for the title shot.

I bet its as simple as both Pantoja and the UFC would rather have the Royval fight, and Albazi decided to sit out because he felt he deserved the next shot.

Strange? No. He had a weak last fight

He's also very quiet, which you shouldn't be in the UFC. Not if you want attention for the title.

So maybe he's ok with it all.

Last edited:

Iraqis are not loved

Albazi has a good number of wins at 5 but only one real name among the randoms making up his streak, and that one name win was questionable. While Royval, on the other hand, has had increasingly good performances in the 3 quality wins he's gotten while already having been a top ranked guy.

Either could have gotten the shot, but Albazi benefits more from being slow played and Royval's exciting, so I ain't mad. Albazi and Kape are both guys who could use a bit more substance in their runs

Who? A debatable decision over Kai while still good should keep him in the hunt for contention. Sean got it after eeking a decision over Yan. Yan thought a former champ with several good fights. Sean though much more exciting. What’s his name should stay active and do something Dana can appreciate then he will get a favor in return. Play Dana ball .

Yeah I thought he deserved it too and he absolutely wrecks Brandon Royval. Although, I do get why they've made that title fight and it will be good.

Back