Is it fair to say Alex Pereira is the best striker in MMA history?

In no particular order:

1. Anderson
2. Conor
3. Izzy
4. Alex P.
5. Sean O Malley

Obviously you could also easily put in guys like Chuck Lidell, Wonderboy, Max Holloway, Aldo, Cro Cop, Barbosa, Overreem, Ngannou, Volk etc.

So many great strikers.

As others have said, there's a difference between 'best striker who competed in MMA' vs 'best MMA striker'.

And for the latter I don't know how you could be a serious person if you didn't say Anderson Silva. Guy even took a round off Izzy - who is at least top 10 himself - when he was 80.

No way. Pereira doesn’t even have a decent atomic butt drop like Hunto. 1FE39D62-63C2-4F7E-BE8B-D6D5A5C95DB0.jpeg

As others have said, there's a difference between 'best striker who competed in MMA' vs 'best MMA striker'.

And for the latter I don't know how you could be a serious person if you didn't say Anderson Silva. Guy even took a round off Izzy - who is at least top 10 himself - when he was 80.
I think Alex Kos anderson very easy

I think Alex Kos anderson very easy

I think Anderson would never be on the brink of getting KOd by Jiri. Nor getting flatlined by Adesanya - something that didn't even happen when Anderson was in a wheelchair.

Maybe Poatan murders him. But Anderson had an elite chin in his prime. And Alex is extremely hittable. I think prime Andy clowns him in MMA.

I'm the best striker in MMA history, I just never got a push. Now I just watch guys that took everything I worked for.

I think Anderson would never be on the brink of getting KOd by Jiri. Nor getting flatlined by Adesanya - something that didn't even happen when Anderson was in a wheelchair.

Maybe Poatan murders him. But Anderson had an elite chin in his prime. And Alex is extremely hittable. I think prime Andy clowns him in MMA.
Anderson would lose to jiri badly

I simply could never imagine Pereira getting dropped by Chael of all people under any circumstances, but that's me
I could see Chaels wrestling opening up the opportunity too. I imagine Chael would be a nightmare for Pereira

Ngannou. No-one should try mma striking against that man.

probably yes. 2-division GLORY champion (5 title defenses ) and 2-division UFC champion (1 defense). The other candidates (Schilt, Overeem, Cro Cop, AS, etc.) are not as condecorated in both sports at the same time.

giphy.webp

Last edited:
He’s good. Izzy still KO’d him FLAT LAST but he has those several wins over him before their last fight. His left hook and more important his timing of that particular strike are straight up remarkable.

I would’ve love to see Alex vs Prime Anderson, Wand, Shogun, Vitor and Lyoto. Even Overeem.

I don’t know if he’s the BEST because he hasn’t faced the best strikers. Izzy JUST figured him out and KO’d him. That shit in the past is in the past. He has to prove he’s still better than Izzy TODAY.
In all honesty Alex was working him that last fight then looked like he got careless on his defense and Izzy hit 2 haymakers on him.. yeah they need to fight again. I would still bet on Alex that fight

Depends on your definition.

very decorated pure striker in legit striking organizations, championship level of course. Able to stand and bang with anyone at 185 or 205 and win championships at both levels.

crazy power. crazy angle creation.

but best in MMA ever? that's a big list

In all honesty Alex was working him that last fight then looked like he got careless on his defense and Izzy hit 2 haymakers on him.. yeah they need to fight again. I would still bet on Alex that fight
In all honestly Izzy was working Alex in all the fights he lost...

Izzy was a few minutes away of winning a decision against Alex in their 1st MMA bout. One questionable decision in kickboxing as well.

If Alex wants to go to MW and fight Izzy again, he should. It makes no sense for Izzy who doesn't even weigh 205 after rehydrating to fight a guy who is over 230 lbs.

Alex won 3 of 4 fights against Adesanya.
They've only fought each other twice, but if you really want to include kickboxing, if you watch the first kickboxing match, Izzy should've won the decision if we're being honest, and was winning the 2nd kickboxing match until late in the fight where he was KOd (winning until he lost ;))

Even in the first MMA fight, Alex was literally saved by the bell in the first round.

Alex's only chance against Izzy is to get the KO (unless judges gift him a decision), whereas Izzy can win by KO or decision against Alex.

Yes. Greatest of all time. An assasin. A savage. Something the world has never seen. Once in a lifetime.

<mma3>

Back