Is Holloways legacy ruined here if he loses to Volk again?

BluntForceTrama

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I mean wtf are we doing here? If Max wins what does that supposed to mean? Are we going to be subjected to a 4th fight? This is getting ridiculous and the fans are being played here.

Max is fucking himself info a corner with this nonsense Just move on and get destroyed in the LWs already lol

Ruined? Max is known and proven to be a legendary Featherweight. That is cemented. I would argue that even beating Volk wouldnt change his legacy. To me it is obvious that on any given night the title could swap hands between them.

I think Max's legacy is secure as a solid #2, extremely close to being the #1.

Last edited:
It's not enough to beat someone two times. You have to do it three times, cuz three times is a charm, which means that you're very charming if you beat someone three times, hence Volk is gonna get the Charming Belt, which is one step above the Bad Motherfucker Belt!

Depends on how you look at it.

Frankly, a lot of fair weather fans would say yes; but they're silly any way.

I'd argue that Martial Artists (boxing/wrestling/etc... count) and ardent fans of the sport will always appreciate what Max accomplished in the sport; and how he did it.

BJ Penn is a perfect example.
His personal life F'd his career; but he was justifiably considered to be close to #1 P4P in his prime.
Fight fans will probably always remember that; because like Max, BJ's fights were great.

All the more reason for Max to win
So we can see Volk vs Max 4 & 5

I don't care about fighters legacies, you got Emmett who's 37 that just earned his title shot and you have Arnold Allen 9-0 UFC and Movsar 6-0 UFC in the top 10. For the love of God no more rematches or random fights vs the Korean Zombie (who was 4-4 in his last 8, legend or not). Whoever wins this needs to defend and whoever loses gets back in line.

The wins over Aldo, Frankie, Pettis, (an inexperienced) Oliviera, and the hellacious beatings he laid on Kattar and Ortega, the hellacious beating received from Poirier in a great fight, and although it didn't happen the fact he was willing to step in on short notice to fight Khabib have cemented his legacy...Even if he loses again to Volk...It is what it is

No. Just means Volk is super good. Which we already know

I don’t know why Volk has to beat Max 3 times for people to believe Volk is better than Max
To be fair, second fight was very close. Yes he won but let's not act like it wasn't controversial for a lot of people. So in this sense if he beats Max clearly this time it will make it 2:1 in some people's heads, those that think Max won the second fight.
So i think it's important for Volk's legacy that he has the third fight and wins it convincingly.

No. Just means Volk is super good. Which we already know

I don’t know why Volk has to beat Max 3 times for people to believe Volk is better than Max

Bruh, you're a moderator on this site.
Your account is also 10 years old.

You know why!

Lol, let's try to keep imaginary fights out of it, shall we.

Absolutely not...
You've been around long enough to know how people idealize/romanticize fighters' legacies based on their 'image.'

Ruined? Max is known and proven to be a legendary Featherweight. That is cemented. I would argue that even beating Volk wouldnt change his legacy. To me it is obvious that on any given night the title could swap hands between them.

I think Max's legacy is secure as a solid #2, extremely close to being the #1.
He loses to Volk a third time surely you'd have to put Volk over him at number 2 FW of all time?

Back